Notifications
Clear all

Redness From Rosacea Or Irritated Skin? Looking For Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@monkeyisland90)

Posted : 03/11/2015 4:07 pm

So basically I'm trying to find a moisutrizer that fits me but so far everything seems to leave me dried or red. I've tried probally around 6 different moisturizers. Mostly from grocery stores etc.. But yesterday i went to get a eczema creme from kate somerville at sephora but seems like its still little irritating. (i have couple eczema patches in my body so thought my face had some connection with this) My questions are as follows

1. Since im looking for right moisturizer (i guess i need the barrier kind since it is really dry. I drink lots of water too)
should i continue to use the moisturizer to see if it will get better or stop immediately if it feels dried, red or prickly.

2. Is it bad to keep trying new moisturizers ?... If i go ahead and stop the one i'm using. How many days should i wait to start trying a new one?

3. Do some people have good luck with cheaper kind as opposed to the expensive ones (the one i have is about 50 dollars in large tube).

So if there is any reccomended ones please let me know. I heard cerave is good which i will go try but so far i've tried the following

1dans moisturizer

2eucerin redness relief

3. vani cream or something like tha

4.kiehls

5.aveeno

6.vaseline brand moisturizer

7. kate somerville

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/11/2015 4:28 pm

So basically I'm trying to find a moisutrizer that fits me but so far everything seems to leave me dried or red. I've tried probally around 6 different moisturizers. Mostly from grocery stores etc.. But yesterday i went to get a eczema creme from kate somerville at sephora but seems like its still little irritating. (i have couple eczema patches in my body so thought my face had some connection with this) My questions are as follows

1. Since im looking for right moisturizer (i guess i need the barrier kind since it is really dry. I drink lots of water too)

should i continue to use the moisturizer to see if it will get better or stop immediately if it feels dried, red or prickly.

2. Is it bad to keep trying new moisturizers ?... If i go ahead and stop the one i'm using. How many days should i wait to start trying a new one?

3. Do some people have good luck with cheaper kind as opposed to the expensive ones (the one i have is about 50 dollars in large tube).

So if there is any reccomended ones please let me know. I heard cerave is good which i will go try but so far i've tried the following

1dans moisturizer

2eucerin redness relief

4.kiehls

5.aveeno

7. kate somerville

Hello monkeyisland90,

I understand how frustrating it is to have eczema on your skin. I myself suffer from this dreadful skin condition. What I do to reduce the dryness and itchiness of the eczema is apply extra virgin, cold pressed coconut oil on my skin twice a day then top it off with Nivea Creme (the one in the blue tub). I only use Dove as soap so my skin won't be dry. Hope you find what works best for you. Cheers!

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 03/11/2015 8:14 pm

Hi,

I noticed all of those brands have a lot of chemicals in them. I've tried Aveeno and Cereve and they both irritated my skin too. You could try something a little more organic. Some natural stores like Whole Foods would carry a big selection. Some brands have acne lines, too. Like Yes To, Kiss My Face and Alba.

MemberMember
(@monkeyisland90)

Posted : 03/11/2015 8:34 pm

1dans moisturizer

2eucerin redness relief

4.kiehls

5.aveeno

7. kate somerville

Hello monkeyisland90,

I understand how frustrating it is to have eczema on your skin. I myself suffer from this dreadful skin condition. What I do to reduce the dryness and itchiness of the eczema is apply extra virgin, cold pressed coconut oil on my skin twice a day then top it off with Nivea Creme (the one in the blue tub). I only use Dove as soap so my skin won't be dry. Hope you find what works best for you. Cheers!

When you have eczema its on other body areas right? mine is on my butt and neck but face is just dried. Is this mean my whole body is eczema type or just thost two areas.. i stopped taking 2x hot showers (it feels so good.. oh well).. But the extra virgin oil and cocount oil can i just get this stuff in a bottle? And how much do i put on it..? I tried jojoba oil and it dries as well.. I did hear good things about dove.. ill try nivea... cerave and cetaphil seems to have lot of ingredients that will make me irritated..

Hi,

I noticed all of those brands have a lot of chemicals in them. I've tried Aveeno and Cereve and they both irritated my skin too. You could try something a little more organic. Some natural stores like Whole Foods would carry a big selection. Some brands have acne lines, too. Like Yes To, Kiss My Face and Alba.

i bought whole foods glycerin bar and that dried my skin too..lol i think organic is good but i hope they have good return policy if something doesn't work well

MemberMember
(@effy30)

Posted : 03/12/2015 11:26 am

I would recommend a rosacea cream with tea tree oil. In my case this type of cream works really well to not only moisturize but also to reduce the redness.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/12/2015 2:59 pm

I do have eczema on my leg, around the mouth area and hands and so far the coconut oil was able to keep the eczema at bay provided that you catch it on time. You may buy extra virgin coconut oil at any health food store. Just apply the it generously on the affected area and massage it until your skin has fully absorbed the oil then apply your preferred lotion or moisturizer. A lot of eczema sufferers usually make the mistake of just using coconut oil without the help of lotion so the skin could not retain the oil. Hand eczema was a bit more difficult for me to treat so my derm just prescribed clobetasol which worked really well. Coconut oil will not work as fast as topical steroids so you will only start seeing results at around week 2 or 3 but it is safer than using drugs.

1dans moisturizer

2eucerin redness relief

4.kiehls

5.aveeno

7. kate somerville

Hello monkeyisland90,

When you have eczema its on other body areas right? mine is on my butt and neck but face is just dried. Is this mean my whole body is eczema type or just thost two areas.. i stopped taking 2x hot showers (it feels so good.. oh well).. But the extra virgin oil and cocount oil can i just get this stuff in a bottle? And how much do i put on it..? I tried jojoba oil and it dries as well.. I did hear good things about dove.. ill try nivea... cerave and cetaphil seems to have lot of ingredients that will make me irritated..

>Hi,

i bought whole foods glycerin bar and that dried my skin too..lol i think organic is good but i hope they have good return policy if something doesn't work well

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 10/26/2015 5:28 pm

Clean and clear dual action moisturizer oil free .
I can even mix this moisturizer with the benzoyl peroxide treatment.