Notifications
Clear all

Are Large Pores Caused By Prolonged Squeezing Permanent?

MemberMember
(@tracyyy)

Posted : 03/11/2015 3:36 am

I having been having quite bad skin and i went to the cosmologists (they helped me squeeze out my acne and blackheads) Now the pores on my forehead are noticeable and quite large. Are large pores caused by squeezing permanent? :(

Ps just ignore the acne on my forehead:p

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/11/2015 8:47 am

I think it may depend on your skin and the severity of the blackhead problem. Most of the time blackheads can be extracted and the pores shrink right back down but recurring blackheads can lead to enlarged pores and in very severe cases, ice pick scarring. I have enlarged pores mainly from oily skin and a few minor ice pick scars from blackheads that kept coming back. They don't bother me though so I haven't pursued any treatment and overall I feel my skin survived 24 years of acne pretty well. Personally I'd rather deal with a few enlarged pores than leave blackheads in my skin for years where they can continue to stretch the pore, creating an even worse problem down the road. But yeah, enlarged pores and blackheads suck, so I can empathize!

Best of luck! :)

MemberMember
(@tracyyy)

Posted : 03/11/2015 9:20 am

I think it may depend on your skin and the severity of the blackhead problem. Most of the time blackheads can be extracted and the pores shrink right back down but recurring blackheads can lead to enlarged pores and in very severe cases, ice pick scarring. I have enlarged pores mainly from oily skin and a few minor ice pick scars from blackheads that kept coming back. They don't bother me though so I haven't pursued any treatment and overall I feel my skin survived 24 years of acne pretty well. Personally I'd rather deal with a few enlarged pores than leave blackheads in my skin for years where they can continue to stretch the pore, creating an even worse problem down the road. But yeah, enlarged pores and blackheads suck, so I can empathize!

Best of luck!

Thanks for your reply! My forehead is almost clear of blackheads now but what's left are the pores. I have been to the cosmologists more than 20 times (stupid me) so my pores were under a lot of squeezing and external pressure for many times. Would you mind taking a look at my picture in the gallery to see if they are permanent damaged large pores caused by prolonged squeezing or they are already scars? Thanks! (sorry for my bad English its not my primary language :P)

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/11/2015 10:56 am

Best of luck!

Thanks for your reply! My forehead is almost clear of blackheads now but what's left are the pores. I have been to the cosmologists more than 20 times (stupid me) so my pores were under a lot of squeezing and external pressure for many times. Would you mind taking a look at my picture in the gallery to see if they are permanent damaged large pores caused by prolonged squeezing or they are already scars? Thanks! (sorry for my bad English its not my primary language tongue.png)

As requested, I left a reply in the gallery! :)

MemberMember
(@tracyyy)

Posted : 03/11/2015 9:52 pm

Best of luck!

Thanks for your reply! My forehead is almost clear of blackheads now but what's left are the pores. I have been to the cosmologists more than 20 times (stupid me) so my pores were under a lot of squeezing and external pressure for many times. Would you mind taking a look at my picture in the gallery to see if they are permanent damaged large pores caused by prolonged squeezing or they are already scars? Thanks! (sorry for my bad English its not my primary language tongue.png)

As requested, I left a reply in the gallery! :)

Thanks!:) So can they be shrunk using treatments like chemical peels?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/12/2015 7:18 am

You'd have to look into that. I'm not familiar with all the various ways to shrink enlarged pores...like I said, mine don't really bother me so I never looked into it...but I am sure there is treatment out there. Good luck! :)