Notifications
Clear all

What Is The Best Scar Solution For My Scar?

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/09/2015 9:28 pm

Needing advice for acne scar on my cheek!! :(

post-366447-0-80680600-1425954480_thumb.

MemberMember
(@acne19)

Posted : 03/11/2015 7:30 pm

I had/have many of these. The only thing that worked for me was punch floats and dermabrasion. Some are gone, some are the same, and one was made worse.

Maybe some others will chime in on subcision and dermapen and dermarollers.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/12/2015 6:57 am

What is a punch float? Does that cut around the perimeter of the scar hoping the center will float up?

MemberMember
(@acne19)

Posted : 03/12/2015 5:57 pm

What is a punch float? Does that cut around the perimeter of the scar hoping the center will float up?

Yes, basically the scar is cut from edges and bottom and placed more level with surround normal skin.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/12/2015 10:14 pm

Thank you so much for responding!

MemberMember
(@acne19)

Posted : 03/13/2015 3:27 am

Thank you so much for responding!hifive.gif

Then the dermabrasion got rid of the marks the punch floats made. It was nearly 10 year ago but I know that the dermabrasion had to be done a few weeks after I got the punch floats. All marks and discoloration made by the punch floats were erased by the dermabrasion. One particularly bad boxcar (probably too large to have been punch floated) was made worse.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/25/2015 10:50 pm

I decided to go to a plastic surgeon to have 2 acne scars excised.He is a surgeon i know and trust.It's more expensive than i thought!,but he is a very good plastic surgeon

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 03/26/2015 9:12 pm

I'm possibly considering excision as well, I only have two scars I'd want it done on. Could you post updated pictures of your excision? And I think they usually charge 250 per scar if your getting them excised out.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/27/2015 9:35 pm

I had 2 scars excised today.They were both deeper than i thought.I'm so glad i went to a PS and not a dermatologist!! This was too deep and extensive to have anyone but a plastic surgeon do.He stitched the wounds and put a strip over them as well as clear plastic waterproof sticky stuff. It's bleeding a little,but he said a little drainage is normal. I will post more pics when the stitches come out Thursday.He used a scalpel for this and lots of local anesthesia .

post-366447-0-32505700-1427510037_thumb.

You liked
MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/28/2015 7:32 am

The doctor called last night and had me take the waterproof plastic off since there was drainage.I blotted it and he had me leave the strips on. It's much dryer today :) I just can't get it wet,so i have to wash around it.

post-366447-0-19084700-1427546263_thumb.

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 03/28/2015 3:06 pm

Having a plastic surgeon doing it was definitely the right call, looks like no complications so far. Interesting in seeing how it turns out, how large of an area did he cut out?

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/28/2015 3:54 pm

It's hard for me to tell how large of an area was cut out with the strips on. He said both were pitted deeper than he thought. He did say the skin fit together really well.That is definitely good to know.:)

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/29/2015 1:50 pm

I thought this would be like removing a mole.This was way more complex and deeper than mole removal. It's still draining when i eat something,but once i blot it, it dries . I should mention for the past 2 years i have needled at home weekly,tried to nail file the scar a few times and even injected saline at home into the scars.Nothing worked and this was my last resort.Because the cheek scar was so deep, the doctorand i agreed this would be the best option.He mentioned fraxel, but there was no guarantee . I thought the quickest and best way would be excision.

MemberMember
(@bee4acne)

Posted : 03/30/2015 11:16 am

Was it a cyst scar?

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/30/2015 12:14 pm

Cystic acne

MemberMember
(@scottygirl)

Posted : 03/30/2015 12:56 pm

I used MD formulations continuous renewal serum. It contained glycolic acid - very good for getting rid of scars, not immediately but over a few weeks (or longer depending on how deep). Unfortunately you can't get it in the UK any more but you can still get in the US. Try looking for something that contains glycolic acid with a 12% strength - making sure it doesn't have any pore clogging ingredients in it which will just put you back to square one. Also remember to use a sunscreen if you're using glycolic acid.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/31/2015 5:23 pm

Update..the tape is coming off which is

normal .The chin is red from stitches laying against the skin. I'm hoping the stitches will be ready to come out Thursday..

post-366447-0-39572400-1427840560_thumb.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/01/2015 2:36 pm

Just wanted to say that I hope the healing keeps going well for you and I wish you much success! I cant wait to see your updated pics when you get the stiches out. Will you have to get anything else done on these areas in the future or does the plastic surgeon think that the new scars will blend in well with your face? I am asking because I have 3 raised bumps in a row on my chin that have not responded to any sort of treatment and I am thinking about having them excised. I would rather have a thin line scar than 3 raised bumps on my chin it just looks so odd!

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 04/01/2015 2:59 pm

The scar didn't seem that large from the picture, seem's like a lot to cut out. Of course maybe the picture just wasn't a good representation of the whole thing. Either way I hope all is going well.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/01/2015 3:27 pm

The scar didn't seem that large from the picture, seem's like a lot to cut out. Of course maybe the picture just wasn't a good representation of the whole thing. Either way I hope all is going well.

I asked about the large incision..He explained that it needed to be cut with an Elliptical Incision so the skin could fit together properly.Both scars were deeply pitted and when i stretched the skin the scar was round with a deep crater.When the skin goes back to normal it looks like a line scar. I'm in my 40s,so i'm guessing the elasticity of the skin made the scar look more like a line. The doctor has not mentioned anything else needing to be done.I might find out more tomorrow. I'm hoping nothing more will need to be done.

Picture with tape off

post-366447-0-79168700-1427920024_thumb.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/02/2015 11:12 pm

Got the stitches out.One of the stitches on the chin popped at some point before today,so he had to put a strip back on the chin to pull the skin together.I go back in 2 weeks

post-366447-0-86088700-1428034326_thumb.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/03/2015 8:34 am

That is a very large excision. I was not expecting something that long even though I know that you have to cut an elliptical shape so that the skin edges don't bunch up and cause a dog ear deformity

MemberMember
(@goddessofzits)

Posted : 04/04/2015 12:00 am

For any pitted/raised scars, you can try a dermaroller. If you google OwnDoc and click on the dermaroller info, there are various sizes of home-use rollers that you can use to stimulate collagen growth so your skin heals from the scars naturally.

For such deep scars, a 1.5mm roller, used every 6 weeks would certainly help. Just wash your skin, pat dry, and if you have low pain tolerant, use a numbing cream for 10 mins, wash it off, and then roll away.

I dont use any numbing cream, it doesn't really hurt that bad. But I don't know about you! Use one just to be safe!

Don't roll more than once every 5-6 weeks, let your skin heal. Eat lots of vitamin C tablets and collagen-improving food (seaweed, etc). It's not an immediate miracle but you'll see improvements over continued usage - few months to a year? - and your skin HEALS naturally.

It's much cheaper than a plastic surgeon doing all those cutting.

Alternatively (or in conjunction with the rollers), you can also dab Helichrysum essential oil onto the scars. Google helichrysum essential oil, it works well on scars and other weird skin condition (boils, warts, etc).

All the best!

Lpx and BlessedFerry liked
MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/04/2015 7:05 am

It is a longer incision than i thought,but if the end result is really good,i don't mind.I tried derma rollers and derma stamps and tried waiting weeks in between stamping or rolling and nothing else helped.I will take more pics when it heals a bit more. Thankyou for all the responses :) The doc said the long incision was needed for the deep pitting of the scar. I'm just hoping all will heal well

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/07/2015 5:21 pm

I'm seeing improvements everyday! The chin where the incision popped is still very much healing,but getting better.Both the cheek and the chin are healing everyday.The doctor also has me putting a scar cream called BioCorneum on the areas twice daily. I will post more pics when i see more progress. :)

post-366447-0-24566300-1428445896_thumb.