Notifications
Clear all

23 Y/o Girl On Accutane For First Time

MemberMember
(@tennisgirl9)

Posted : 03/09/2015 1:31 pm

I have had oily skin (thanks, Mom) and very mild acne since I was 16, 17. When I was around 20 it was pretty close to perfect and then all of a sudden I have no clue what I did wrong, but it went crazy. My forehead was covered in little colorless bumps, and I'd get larger spots on my cheeks. I have had it pretty much under control with Clinique topicals and prescriptions since then, but I still get 2-3 active spots per month and I AM DONE.

Doxycycline - Did basically nothing. Plus I am already pale and sensitive to sun, and this made life in a super-sunny-all-year climate very, very hard. And even if it had worked (which it didn't), it's not a permanent solution.

Acanya, Atralin, and one other Rx topical that I can't remember name - Negligible results, if anything.

Clinique Acne Solutions 3-step line - Worked like a dream for a while (skin was even softer, more moisturized, healthy looking) but then stopped. And again, I don't feel like anything with benzyl peroxide can be considered a long-term solution. Plus it never got rid of the blackheads on my nose.

Chemical peels - Maybe helped a little, and only temporarily.

I know that I have very mild acne but I'm just so over it. For the field that I'm in, it should be a non-issue.

So I am on day 18 of Amnesteem. I'm at 20 mg / day. At 110 lbs, I think this is okay to start out with, but I'm hoping to get upped at my next appointment.

So far I've had somewhat dry lips, not bothersome by any means. Maybe a little drier skin, not really noticeable. I've had 3 active spots in the days since starting, 1 right now.

MemberMember
(@casimir83)

Posted : 03/09/2015 10:48 pm

Good luck! I'm at the same stage with Amnesteem, I just started week four with 40mg/day, and I'm at 160 lbs. No improvements at all so far, but also side effects are pretty minor right now.

I have had oily skin (thanks, Mom) and very mild acne since I was 16, 17. When I was around 20 it was pretty close to perfect and then all of a sudden I have no clue what I did wrong, but it went crazy. My forehead was covered in little colorless bumps, and I'd get larger spots on my cheeks. I have had it pretty much under control with Clinique topicals and prescriptions since then, but I still get 2-3 active spots per month and I AM DONE.

Doxycycline - Did basically nothing. Plus I am already pale and sensitive to sun, and this made life in a super-sunny-all-year climate very, very hard. And even if it had worked (which it didn't), it's not a permanent solution.

Acanya, Atralin, and one other Rx topical that I can't remember name - Negligible results, if anything.

Clinique Acne Solutions 3-step line - Worked like a dream for a while (skin was even softer, more moisturized, healthy looking) but then stopped. And again, I don't feel like anything with benzyl peroxide can be considered a long-term solution. Plus it never got rid of the blackheads on my nose.

Chemical peels - Maybe helped a little, and only temporarily.

I know that I have very mild acne but I'm just so over it. For the field that I'm in, it should be a non-issue.

So I am on day 18 of Amnesteem. I'm at 20 mg / day. At 110 lbs, I think this is okay to start out with, but I'm hoping to get upped at my next appointment.

So far I've had somewhat dry lips, not bothersome by any means. Maybe a little drier skin, not really noticeable. I've had 3 active spots in the days since starting, 1 right now.