Notifications
Clear all

Skin Flakes

MemberMember
(@aldomg)

Posted : 03/09/2015 1:22 am

Hello, I've been on The Regimen for about 1 year, I use it only at night since the beginning, If I do it twice my skin just dies.

I get 1 or 2 pimples per week, sometimes less, sometimes more, but not a problem at all.
I've using AHA+ for about 1 year too, like every 3 o 4 days at night, the problem here is that I get more flakes when I use AHA that when I don't, and also I get more red, but supposedly AHA helps with that so... I don't know.

Routine:

Morning:
Cleanser
Moisturizer with SPF

Night:
Cleanser
Acne.org's BP
Moisturizer with 3-6 drops of jojoba oil.
AHA w/ some drops of jojoba oil. (Like twice per week, instead of moisturizer)

What should I do, hm?

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/09/2015 8:38 am

Consider mixing the AHA and moisturizer together and use them that way at night. You can also add jojoba oil to the mix as well. In my experience, AHA does not help with overall skin redness. It may help red marks fade a bit quicker, but overall redness-no.

MemberMember
(@aldomg)

Posted : 03/10/2015 12:12 am

Hm I'll try that, if I use AHA + moisturizer daily will it help with the flakes?
Like I said, when I use AHA I get a lot of flakes the next days.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/10/2015 9:12 am

I agree 100%! I mix my AHA and moisturizer and jojoba oil every night and it helps lessen the strength of the AHA while it still works on your skin. For the redness, if you have naturally red undertones to your skin, those will likely not change. It does help really to wear sunscreen if you are out and about just to make sure your skin is not getting redder since AHA can make skin quite sensitive to the sun.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/10/2015 9:30 am

10% glycolic acid is quite a potent formula so it really does help IMO to dilute AHA+ with the moisturizer. The increased flakes is the AHA+ doing its work of sloughing off dead skin to make way for new skin. This is what fades the red marks/PIH from old acne. Diluting your AHA+ should help lessen the flakes. I also agree with adding 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to the mix. Mixing all three makes the AHA+ much more comfortable to use than using straight (minimal or no stinging/redness) yet works well at fading red marks. My son applies this every other night although it's safe to apply nightly if desired, as Nicmic is doing. He goes through flaky days too from the AHA+ but mostly his skin stays in balance.

MemberMember
(@aldomg)

Posted : 03/10/2015 6:49 pm

Alright, I started last night applying 50% moisturizer + 50% AHA + 5 drops of jojoba oil after BP dried up on my skin.
Lets see how I react the following days, thank you girls.