Notifications
Clear all

3 Foods Journey

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 03/08/2015 6:20 pm

Changed "The Truth" to a journey, since I'm discontinuing it.

Summary
Basically, I had cystic acne, but finally cleared my skin by eating only eggs and oatmeal for like 2 weeks after getting results back from a skin prick test. Here are those results:

Now, these results weren't very accurate and didn't test for enough foods. But oats and carrots and wheat were spot on.

Mediator Release Test
Now, I didn't get it yet! I'm saving money so I can order it from Florida for $495 U.S. I have, however, found foods I don't react to. And the rules for the MRT test state and avoidance of bad foods for 3 months eliminates the moderate level intolerance foods, and 6 months eliminates the majorly reactive foods.

There are some topics about the mediator release test on acne.org. Just search it if you want to.

3 months: moderate food intolerances should disappear
6 months: Major food intolerances should disappear

Before Mediator Release Test diet
March 31, 2015
April 1, 2015
day 1:
I am eating only wheat, carrots, oats, and apples. (Water is the drink)

Have small cystic acne on temples that I think I got from cabbage. Waiting for that to clear so I will be mostly clear. I also have a stupid bump/scar on my nose that started out as a cyst in August 2014, but has been this bump/scar since December 2014. If anyone knows anything about nose scars/bumps, please share.

day 2:
Ate my last apple in the fridge today. Got a beginner pimple on my left cheek near my eye. Apples are known to cause acne on my cheeks, but usually nothing too serious. I'm debating kicking apples out, now. Might try a replacement...

day 3:
Taking out Apples. When I woke up, the pimple from that apple had deflated. But a scab came off near my mouth, so now I have a medium sized pink pigmentation near my mouth (I know, fuckin disgusting). Might have work monday, and don't wanna see my family on easter, anyway, so it might look better by then.
My temple acne is almost gone on both sides. Just one scab on each side. Hopefully those won't give me any grief next week.
Wheat, Carrots, and Oats only for right now.

day 4:

Woke up, pooped, and saw pellets. I've been suffering from chronic constipation, but eating better has made my poops better. Well, since switching to this 3 food diet, my poop has come out in pellets which is a sign of constipation. This definitely isn't good for me, but it's clearing my skin so I'll hold out until I get this test. I think if I eat more oats, my poop will be better.

Try to fix this with ctr+shit+8!

day 5:

Feeling like my instestines are getting scraped to shreds. TreatAcne put a link in her comment on here where I found out grains have defensive chemicals that cause holes in the intestines. I am realizing that this diet may be more detrimental to my goal than I thought.

I've sheilded myself in my room because of these scars. This caused me to over eat, which is bad. I'mma replace some meals by snacking on carrots and homemade carrot sauce. Thanks TreatAcne and alternitivista. -

mark users blue

ReneeAwen and JLopez liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 03/09/2015 12:55 am

Reasons the Skin Prick test wasn't very accurate

1. The doctor was poor at reading the results. The test rates reactions on a scale of 0-4. 0 means no change in the skin whereas 4 means a huge bump. My doctor often grouped 1's with 0's, meaning small reactions are listed as no reaction. And the he would only use three other numbers to define the rest. EX: He would use 1, 3, and 4. But not 2. And on top of that, when re-reading the results, he stated 0's were no reactions, 1's were negatives which meant no reactions, and 3's and 4's were moderates and majors.

How slow do you have to be when your own patient understands your writing better than you? And on top of that, when I first saw him to get the test, he got all pissed off at me because he said he didn't think I would react to any foods and that this was a big waste of time! He threw a huge temper tantrum! Then when the tests came back and he realized he was wrong, he didn't apologize at all! He just got pissed off and said "give me your arm! NO! Move it this way so I can see it!"

Oh yeah, and he made me get it on the arm, which I didn't know at the time was more expensive than the back. He really wanted to fuck me over, huh?! For someone so certain he was right, he certainly was trying to make me pay for it.

And on top of all this, I was told he was supposed to be one of the "top food allergists in the state." Bull-shit! He also scheduled me an expensive trip to a dermatologist without even asking me. He told me I had better show up because he was "doing me a favor." He said most people don't get to see this derm for a month because his schedule was so backed up. So I came in the next morning to the derm, who told me I pretty much had everything together, and that there was nothing he could do for me. Well thanks for the favor, buddy.

2. After not cheating on my diet for a while, I went in for a second prick test. Most of the foods listed no reactions, which showed high reactions on the first test. I think this is because of the lack of androgens in my body at the time, since I had been avoiding the bad foods. See androgens are produced to combat the bacteria, or bad foods, that enter the bloodstream through the wholes of the damaged intestinal walls.

This doctor was actually really good. He didn't put me down when I told him I thought I had food intolerances. He completely welcomed my concern's, even if he didn't agree with me. And when the test results came back different than I expected, he didn't put me down even though in this case, he was the one who was right.

3. In the test, it says I have a histamine intolerances. In the list of foods I'm able to eat, foods like nuts are included which are thought to be high in histamine.

4. Organic Apples have cause me acne, though the breakouts aren't usually too serious. This could be credited to poor reading by the doctor, but I think it's also possible that the prick test just didn't successfully detect this sensitivity or intolerance. (non-organic plant foods usually contain pesticides which arises histamine reactions)

I realize I put too much information in this section. I was upset when I wrote this, so I will create a shorter version that will be more help rather than venting about my bad experience.

Organic Foods

I'm only eating organic or non-gmo foods. Pesticides are thought to cause histamine reactions, which is a trigger for my acne. Plus organic foods actually taste better, actually have nutrients in them, and are actually good for you and your acne. It's the way to go. Pesticides and gmo's can just make acne and overall health worse. Which is why people in the U.S. gain weight so easily.

Histamine

Histamines are found in all or most foods. With histamine intolerances, you want the foods that are lowest in histamine. On top of this, you want them to be as fresh as possible, as the longer they rot, the more histamine develops. You also want them organic, because pesticides are known to cause histamine reactions.

ReneeAwen liked
MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 04/03/2015 10:35 pm

I am sorry to hear about the first doctor's experience. I've seen a few of these kinds assholes myself, some of whom I'm surprise are not only referred to but ALSO still allowed to keep their profession. The most popular ones can unfortunately be the most intolerable and inconsiderate of all people.

I know a woman who's husband is allergic to apples. I myself am allergic to tomatoes, which upon being eaten turns into eczema.

Your posts are very good... they have a sense of open thinking and thorough investigation. Don't give up on your histamine examination, and try this link if it helps:

The hormones in milk were what caused most of my acne, which is why I moved from vegetarianism to (practically) veganism.

-----

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that a food allergy test did NOT reveal that tomatoes were the cause of my eczema, or "food-allergy" rash. The skin test didn't work, arm OR back. The only way I found out was through elimination.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/03/2015 11:43 pm

@TreatAcne

Thanks for your response. Made my day. alternativista is really a powerhouse of information. What test did you take, by the way? I'm checking out your journey in your topics section. The Mediator Release Test is said to be the most accurate test out there, and after reading the link you gave me, I saw that grains aren't so great for healing. So I'm counting on the test to give me more foods to heal on.

ReneeAwen liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/06/2015 3:07 am

day 6

Well, This has cleared most of my acne, except for some on my back right shoulder blade area. However, my skin has been very frustrated. My cheeks are red sometimes, and I have 2 inflammatory pimples. One on my forehead and one near my mouth. These go down when I stop irritating my system so much. I think it's caused by overeating the wheat which may be blowing holes in my intestinal walls.

I'm going to add blueberries, and see how I react. Having them with oats will help cut down on my overeating.
Oh yeah, and my scabs n wounds are healing pretty quickly.

ReneeAwen liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/07/2015 6:58 pm

day 7
What's better than apples n oats? Blueberries n oats! This is my second time ever having blueberries in a meal, and it's currently the best thing I'm eating right now! Who knew they were so sweet? If I wasn't intolerant to corn, I'd make pancakes and turn the blueberries into a syrup. It just sucks that they're so darn expensive. $7.00 for a hand full is Ludacris. I ate 3 'bowls' back to back, and went through half my blueberries in one sitting. It was just soooo gooood...

I will monitor and see how I react to them. And look in other grocery stores for a cheaper price. You're only supposed to introduce the food for one day on a elimination diet, but I'm not following those rules. I'm just gonna speculate on my reactions overtime.

update

Ate all the blueberries. They were just so gooood! Right now, I have no cysts. After a day of overeating oats and blueberries, I have only gotten a few super small pimples on my right cheek and both temples. That's a good sign. As long as no cysts or problem pimples form, it probably just means digestive complications or minimal reaction.

ReneeAwen liked
MemberMember
(@stolendog)

Posted : 04/07/2015 8:29 pm

Majority of food sensitivities are caused by leaky gut, have you looked into colostrum supplementation? It's great for repairing the intestinal terrain

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/08/2015 1:41 am

@StolenDog
I expected to find chemicals created in a lab when I looked it up, but surprisingly, it's not! Just sucks that most lf it comes from cows and not humans, I'm still doing more research. Thanks in advance!

update

Some sources list it as the #1 option, and It's looking good! I think I may try it out after some more research and figuring out which brand I'll choose. Thanks again! I knew about leaky gut remedies, but never looked at this one. I may even search for more!

Been watchin the hodgetwins bout to eat aome pancakes at ihop, and did some thinkin... If I heal my gut instead of focusing on getting more foods in, I might be able to tolerate foods again! I saw another girl heal somethin else with some kind of supplement on here, and boom! Just like that, she could eat again! mmm... Can't wait to have me some more pancakes.

I will try to add some gut-healing remedies in with this diet and see where things go. And keep you guys posted!

Oh, and Kevin got blueberry! He even got Keith on it!

day 8

Okay. After hours of research, I see everything is telling me to get rid of grains. That made me feel stupid. How I could have been so oblivious to grains being damaging to the gut? I wasn't sure for certain that I had leaky gut, but I did know I had food sensitivities, and grains were one of the few foods I wasn't intolerant to. Plus, my acne clears while grains remain in the diet.

Grains:

I am not intolerant to grains. However, I am certain I do have gut damage, and excessive amounts of grains break down intestinal walls. It sucks, but I'mma have to avoid them more while I heal.

Now, I guess I just keep adding foods in until I'm less dependent on grains.

Oh, yeah. So far, I have a few zits, and most of the minimal inflammation from yesterday disappeared. If there are no cysts tomorrow, then blueberries are in!

ReneeAwen liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/08/2015 6:21 pm

So there is a thread on here about leaky gut Syndrom. It lists all the foods and supplements that are best for it. The only problem is it's all high in histamine, so I can't really eat any of that!

Foods to avoid for healing leaky gut:

Grains

Legumes

Dairy

Sugars

Unhealthy Oils (corn, vegetable, soybean, cottonseed)

Alcohol and Caffeine

Excessive carbohydrate consumption

Anyone with Autoimmune disease should limit or omit:

Nightshades

Nuts and Seeds

Egg Whites (yes, that's the white part of the egg)

ReneeAwen liked
MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 04/08/2015 7:38 pm

If I come across some histamine links I'll let you know asap.

Blueberries are one of the only berries I eat actually... I like all other berries but only when they're in season. You don't need to spend too much on them because a few can go a long way for your body, but to fill you up oatmeal is a good choice. That and some honey or very little sugar sprinkled on top.

I don't know if vegetable oil is really THAT bad because I use it sometimes, but if you had to use something then try extra virgin olive oil (which is my main oil). I use it with most things I cook with.

Good job watching what you eat, but remember to find things you enjoy too :).

I like to take frozen vegetables and steam them in a really cheap pot... I put with water in and the bottom of what use to be a metal basket, lol. I also stir fry veggies in oil. I like eating sweet peas, broccoli, onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, baby lima beans, etc... whatever I like (except tomatoes of course). The important thing is that you find ways to emphasis the intake of your veggies, which is why I stared with a juicer (though I ironically do not recommend as much anymore because of how use to it your body can get). I often buy most frozen vegetables you see in the grocery store for a dollar or so if they are not in season. To give everything flavor I season with any spice I like, such as salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, oregano, parsley, etc... I'll get some pictures and recipes soon for everyone...

I also make soups, which is mostly boiled water with things like potatoes, turnips, parsnips, onions, etc... and whatever spices and flavors I like to have in it. To me, simple food and vegetables is better, and my taste buds adjusted to the taste of them after a few months. When I went to take a bite of peanut butter after not having it for so long, I could not believe how sweet it was! It was never sweet to me before, and now I can barely stomach it because of all the sugar they put into it. It's crazy how your body has and your taste buds change after a short period in your life!

As far as nightshades go, I never suggested not eating tomatoes. I know they make great soups and sauces, and can add some flavors to some good wraps (which I still eat, even the wraps at Chipotle), but be cautious with them because of how strong they can be for people.

Legumes are not beans and lentils, so soak and boil some if you want because they go great with stir fried vegetables and wraps. Even though they may make you pass more gas, they should not be that hard on your gut while it's healing.

I too had a few links on my topic board with emphasis on the gut, and as far as I know it's my biggest problem for my eczema. Tomatoes just can't seem to get through it without leaking through and coming out of my skin. The same can be for acne... sugars and breads, as well as the hormones in milk, might be beating the gut up too much. If you feel overall fine and in good shape, then go ahead and try eatting a gut healing diet. Watch out for energy changes and keep us posted. And don't forget the sleep and water!

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/08/2015 9:48 pm

Thanks, TreatAcne. You caught me at the perfect time.
I had just looked in the mirror and saw another breakout. I got super fustrated and started freaking out. I was really upset. I wanted to completely remove grains from my diet. I've been so scared to add in anymore foods, but I realize I should say screw it and at least breakout on something that doesn't break my gut down. Since I'm removing grains, I'll probably try some of your meal ideas. I'll exclude veggies that I think gave me cysts, and just use the mild ones. I mean, my previous trials weren't even that accurate anyway.

I know I'm sensitive to most gut healing foods, but I think I'm just going to start eating them anyway. Hopefully the sensitivities will go away overtime. Fuck suffering. I also have a dietritionist I'm gonna talk to this week. A nice lady gave me her number. Turns out, you can call a grocery store and ask if their dietritionist is there, and ask to speak to them and they might give you free advice and even show you foods around the store!

ReneeAwen liked
MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 04/08/2015 10:42 pm

^ Don't worry, you have nothing at all to be upset about :). I understand the frustration entirely, and I can definitely tell that you are doing your best. Do not be afraid of most vegetables when it comes to your gut. For now, do your best cutting out the sugary and grainy/breaded foods and see IF you can clear the milk as well. There is still plenty of food to work with in the world and you have much more time than you think to keep away from foods and see if progress happens. When I was waiting and not at a period where my diet was changing, I just went for walks, red a book, played some games, watched a few movies, etc... did whatever until a month or so was up. It took me a long, long time, and too many fast changes may be confusing and harsh on yourself. It's alright to go on an elimination diet, but gradual changing is far more stress-free and permanent and easier to see what's going on. It's true that I too was adding to my changes little by little, but once I hit a period where I thought I was ok, I waited a few weeks more. I too was not very accurate and had no idea what to do next, but I never gave up and kept on learning and exploring as much as I could. There is no need to stress out or worry about anything :). Acne hides and the big spots the a long time to go away. It may have been triggered by something a few weeks ago, or many it's still just the normal state of your hormones or gut.

I use to ask the people in the grocery stores for help like that too, and any information was better than none. People can be very helpful and even insightful, and I even ran into people in the store or at coffee shops who would talk to me as well. Networking is well worth it and nothing to be shy about at all.

Hows this website?: http://www.michiganallergy.com/food_and_histamine.shtml

Thus Youtube Channel?: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCDOUDCbbAtk1ed9gVhZqxA/feed

My tomato allergy causes the histamines to go out of control in my body too... that's why I get the rash I do. Histamines, as we both know, swell up the skin to stop infections from spreading, which is why we get red bumps after mosquito bites. Those are basically histamines at work. What you need to do is find what is over producing your histamines, not trying to stopping them entirely. Eating low histamine foods is a great thing you've been exploring... I honestly didn't really notice until now that I was not eating the majority of high histamine foods myself.

From that website's list, I don't think mushrooms, spinach, avocados and home made water kefir ( http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html#Kefir-history ) are a problem, but that is only my personal experience. And I already eat a lot of herbs and spices... that's how I flavor many of my foods. I have no doubt that fresh parsley, cilantro, thyme, sage, turmeric, etc... have been very healthy for the skin and can be for anyone's skin really.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/09/2015 11:05 pm

youtube.com/watch?v=TjlEPcyjOxs
I found this video to be super helpful. It pretty much summarizes what my entire journey will look like. And it's the first video I clicked on that channel TreatAcne showed me! So it should be super helpful to anyone suffering from histamine intolerance. Here is what I gathered from the video so far:

Her detox lasted for 3 months
She felt bad for first 3 months, then overnight she suddenly felt better
She ate produce (Organic)
She juiced veggies (and fruit?)
I also noticed she ate a grain. She ate brown rice.
She was mostly Vegan for her 3 months, then started eating animal products again

3 Things she suspects causes histamine intolerances
Lack of nutrition
Overeating
Toxicity

I solve overeating by either being busy outside the house, or through interment fasting. So, I may be looking at 3 months of potential acne before I fully heal, which is great. I love the idea of a 3 month countdown to clear skin. It should start tomorrow! I'm bingeing on the last of my grains before I give them away.
If you have histamine intolerance, I strongly suggest listening to this whenever you can. She has a lot of valuable information. The most important part is just to listen to your body. You will know if something is up if you do.

Tomorrow begins my new Journey...

Also, I wanted to say thanks guys. These comments are some of the nicest things I've ever received.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/11/2015 4:11 am

Vitamin A:

Read a post on here, someone ate a sweet potato with every year and their acne cleared %95. Eventually they stopped eating carrots and other foods. Sounds like they had a vitamin A problem because carrots and sweet potatoes are LOADED with vitamin A. Sweet potatoes are a vitamin A superfood, and so are carrots. Vitamin A helps the skin regenerate, and heal wounds, and create new skin.

I've known A has been helping me, but for some reason I easily forget and this post reminded me. Will post link when I can get to a computer.

When I've eatin tons of carrots in the past, coupled with oats, my skin seemed to do so much better. Might add in more vitamin A rich foods...

day 1

I got some butternut squash, Cilantro, tons of carrots, Some green stuff, French Fingerling potatoes (mmm!), and garlic at the store today. Only grains I'm eating is the oats that I use in my carrot sauce. Oh, and I also got blueberries! But I ate the whole container, again. Not sure if I'll get more anytime soon. I'm probably just gonna have fruit as a snack only from now on.

Oh, and I'm not gonna post everyday. I wasn't even planning to get on today, but I did.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/14/2015 11:10 pm

Since including more veggies and fruits, and getting rid of all the grains, my inflammation disappears and my body is recovering tremendously. I haven't been posting as much because I've been getting involved in my community more. And I feel so much better going out everyday. I haven't felt this free in years. I was on the news today! I've been up and had only one hour of sleep in the last 38 hours. I've been working, and doing community stuff. It's all thanks to some guidance on acne.org!

day 0

I don't know if it's because I've barely got any sleep, or what. But I haven't been feeling a journey lately. (It is)

So, today I cheated. I was at my food co-op when I saw a butternut squash cake pie thing! Problem was, it had eggs, dairy, wheat, (don't think soy, but possible). It was so good. Well it caused a small breakout with inflammation. One hour of sleep made it dissapear. Then I decided to do a binge cheat day. Long story short, I ate Minnesota mac n cheese, cookies, and cake. None of it was as good usual cuz that particular store didn't cook it right. In fact, it made me want to puke, and as soon as I got home, I took a sickly shit, and wanted to puke but it stayed down, thankfully.

I wanted to post this experience in hope of it thwarting my obsession with good looking foods I can't eat. The lesson here is it's not worth it. It's a waste of money and won't always be as good as you expect.

The junk food makes me feel bad. Bad awful feeling in my stomach and throat!

From now on, I'm going to relax and not hesitate to spend money on things like blueberries and such. Denying myself the blueberries is what started the chain reaction in which I ended up spending 5 times the amount on gut-ruining foods for a day.

Yay, I get unlimited access to blueberries! I hear Trader Joe's has huge containers of blueberries. much better than thise small ones that seem to be used everywhere.

Food co-op

I was out and about, and saw a food coop. Went in and immediately saw 3 different types of organic sweet potatoes (later found it it was actually 5). This was amazing cuz, I could not find any organic sweet potatoes at any of the big name stores. They only had 1.5 types of sweet potatoes which aren't organic. One was the sweet potato, and the other was yams, which apparently aren't yams at all, but sweet potatoes which aren't organic either.

So, everything there was organic. And it had foods I had never seen before. I'll post my diet later.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/15/2015 6:49 pm

Haven't been feeling full on veggies until now. I added in some pears and avocados without realizing the healthy fat in the avocados and the carbohydrates in the pairs will make me feel full. So if you don't feel full, you might be lacking carbs, healthy fats, of maybe even some fiber. Plus, healthy fats help with leaky gut.

Foods to try on cheat day:

Daiya Pizza

Snacks:

Sweet Potato Fries (baked)

Steamed Pears

Raw Carrots

Steamed Carrots

Carrot Sauce

Things that combat sugar urges:

Kidney N Pinto Beans

Safest cheat foods:
Lasagna
Pastas with Cheese
Chocolate Pound Cake (Lunds)
Pack of Chocolate Chip Cookies (Lunds)
Pack of Ginger Bread Iced Cookies (Lunds)

Unsafe cheat foods:
Donut (Lunds)
Butternut Squash Pie Slices X2 (Food Co-op)

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/16/2015 11:39 pm

<p>New altogether.</p>
<p>&quot;Awesome foods&quot;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Hey guys!&nbsp; Been exploring new foods lately!&nbsp; Lemme SHARE!</p>
<p>Jumped into my diet:-</p>
<p>-Sweet Potatoes (Orange and White flesh)&nbsp; -Avocados&nbsp; -Kidney Beans&nbsp; -Pinto Beans&nbsp; -Asparagus&nbsp; -Cilantro&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>
<p>-Butternut Squash&nbsp; -Pears</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Already in:</p>
<p>-Carrots&nbsp; -Oats</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Explored:</p>
<p>-Parsnips&nbsp; -Some other white stuff, looks similar to parsnip&nbsp; -Almond Milk</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>To test and Add (hopefully):</p>
<p>-Almond Milk&nbsp; -Grain free organic cereal&nbsp; -Daiya Gluten, dairy, and soy free pizza</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

find interesting around the world worst

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/22/2015 9:44 am

Okay, So since adding more vegetables and a bit of fruits, My skin is no longer inflammed, and I'm am %85 clear. Why only 85? Because I've been exploring junk foods and some awful cheeses, that's why. It's great that I can experiment without a monster face breakout! I also think my gut has healed tremendousely as I poop pretty good poops multiple times a day when I cheat. Usually I can expect awful coenstipation when I do that.

But the cheating was just me screwing around. I'm serious about continuing the healing process again. And I'm glad I cheated because now I see how much my gut has healed. I think taking out grains has been mighty important. It allowed my gut to renew without all that grain tearing it up. I'm so happy and excited! The bump on my nose seems to be going away at a snail's pace.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/23/2015 10:12 pm

Hey, so this is amazing! Those 3 months I wasn't cheating during, + The other 6 months of a better diet seemed to have healed my gut to the point where I can do a lot of cheating on some pretty bad foods, and still come out with no cysts. During my cheating cycle, I did avoid foods that I know cause awful cysts that often last over a month. I also cycled the foods I cheated. Didn't eat too much of the same food. I got some minor breakouts that went away as I either switched the cheat food, or returned to my healthy diet.

So basically, I'm not fully healed yet, but I see the progress in healing that has been done. I'm so happy and proud my gut is healing! Hang in there everyone else who is on a journey.

For those curious, I cheated on:

Gourmet cookies (Lunds)

Chocolate Pound Cake (Lunds)

Pasta with cheese on it (Lunds)

Lasagna (Lunds)

Butternut Squash Pie (Food Co-op) <---This is where it all started

I lied. While my tolerance of these foods is better, the butternut squash caused an immediate reaction. Also, I was able to eat some of these cheat foods before without a cystic breakout. However, it does seem that I am significantly much more tolerant, especially since removing grains (eating a lot less in quantity). I do think the months of healing plays a part in this as well as my change in diet to a healthy base. I'm gettin all the nutrients I need and less of the reactive foods!

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 04/30/2015 12:59 am

Nice work with your posts! I am sure people are definitely getting help with this and relating to you.

I'm lazy with junk food sometimes too, which is why when I have a pimple I stopped caring about it so much because I know what I did. But It's good to heal for a first months first like you did, getting your body back on track to a more nutrition filed and healthy state. Someone who eats healthy the majority of the time should be fine, but if you have a high intolerance for something specific (like butternut squash?), then avoid it at all times.

Don't forget spices are really good for you too. I like to season my vegetables with all kinds of things. I even bought a mortar and pestle to mix fresh spices so as to get more nutrients and flavor: http://www.amazon.com/Stone-Granite-Mortar-Pestle-Capacity/dp/B00016QXYK/ref=lp_16439881_1_23?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1430373361&sr=1-23 .