Notifications
Clear all

How Long To Give Holistic Treatment

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/08/2015 5:39 pm

At the end of this month will mark 3 months of consistent supplements provided by my naturopath. These include:

EPO

Flax seed oil

Chromium synergy (for blood sugar- it works wonders for that purpose)

Vitamin E

Vitamin D

Fem Bal (a supplement that helps maintain hormonal balance)

I am still getting acne on a consistent basis in spite of being on Aczone and differin in conjunction with the above regimen.

How much longer should I give it before I call it quits? I know that supplements take much longer than medicine but I'm at my wits end!

Any advice would be appreciated. I want to avoid using conventional pills for as long as I can (accutane put me in the hospital)

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 03/11/2015 4:30 am

Have you tried vitamin A? Since I started taking it, I have had no large acne like I used to get every month. It's been almost 2 months and all of my acne is now more like papules/whiteheads. Almost all of them turn into whiteheads, and before I used to mostly get those hard lumps under the skin around jawline and chin. These are still deep, they hurt and leave PIH, but it's not as bad as it used to be. I'm taking 8,000 UI of Vitamin A along with 50mg of Zinc (which I don't take every day). I used to take fish oil but I think it was giving me a rash and might have been breaking me out so i stopped about a week ago.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/20/2015 6:35 am

I have not. I'm seeing a naturopath because I was tired of trying to find solutions on my own. She has helped to get me into normal blood sugar ranges but so far it has had zero effect on my skin on a consistent basis. I will mention vitamin a to her because clearly I need more support.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 08/05/2015 2:59 am

Hey LeeLowe1. I know you've tried a million different things, but I'm curious. What age did you start getting acne, and what was your lifestyle and health history like? Like did you ever break any bones? play any sports? Have a bunch of rashes or fungus? Any infections you'd get often? What was your diet like? And your enviroment? Are you able to poop everyday? Is your poop in good texture, and does it come out easily with a light amount of effort?

FYI

If you don't want to answer, it's cool. I'm just saying this is the best natural "holistic" route, if you ever reconsider.

It bothers me that you've been searching for so long. I don't think I have all the answers, but looking back at my life helped me resolve the issue causing my acne. Like I knew fungus appeared on my body within two years of my acne. Neither of them went away. That told me that they were probably related. Which as it turns out, they were.

@lifelong confusion

As far as Vitamin A goes, it's probably best taken as food like organic sweet potatoes and carrots. They have been super foods for me, and there isn't as many health risks.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/05/2015 9:31 pm

Hey Mellowman. I'll definitely take any advice I can get. I broke my right hand once. Had chicken pox in elementary school. Wasn't too sickly - an ear infection here and there. As an adult I was sick a lot ( I work with kids). I've had acne since I was 15/16. Tried antibiotics in my early twenties (I'm 32 now). I poop everyday but it's weird. It sometimes floats and is very thin. I can also see particles in it ( like seeds). I usually don't have to strain. I'd be interested to do a stool test to see what's up.

I know it's been a long time. I've just been diagnosed as having rosacea along with acne and peri oral dermatitis - I'm just a mixed bag of fun!

God is so good - he's getting me through.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/08/2015 5:39 pm

Hey Mellowman. I'll definitely take any advice I can get. I broke my right hand once. Had chicken pox in elementary school. Wasn't too sickly - an ear infection here and there. As an adult I was sick a lot ( I work with kids). I've had acne since I was 15/16. Tried antibiotics in my early twenties (I'm 32 now). I poop everyday but it's weird. It sometimes floats and is very thin. I can also see particles in it ( like seeds). I usually don't have to strain. I'd be interested to do a stool test to see what's up.

I know it's been a long time. I've just been diagnosed as having rosacea along with acne and peri oral dermatitis - I'm just a mixed bag of fun!

Hi leelowe,

I wanted to add this here (not in a PM) in case others are following your thread. The first thing is to figure out (as accurately as possible) what is going on with your body. Write down your symptoms, how you feel after meals, bowel movements, digestion, headaches, lack of sleep/ insomnia, trouble waking up, vision problems, etc - this chart will come in handy when you go see a holistic doctor and/or acupuncturist. Then, try to figure out if your acne could be pointing to an internal issue (esp. if you have other physical side effects) or more of an external issue (reaction to products, allergies/ sensitivities, etc). This would help narrow things down.

If you can find a good acupuncturist, then they might be able to pin point a lot of things for you with regular treatments. I had acupuncturists diagnose me with things way before "traditional" doctors, so I definitely think acupuncture can help a lot, provided you find someone qualified to do it (some quacks are out there, as with anything).

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/08/2015 5:53 pm

Hi leelowe,

I wanted to add this here (not in a PM) in case others are following your thread. The first thing is to figure out (as accurately as possible) what is going on with your body. Write down your symptoms, how you feel after meals, bowel movements, digestion, headaches, lack of sleep/ insomnia, trouble waking up, vision problems, etc - this chart will come in handy when you go see a holistic doctor and/or acupuncturist. Then, try to figure out if your acne could be pointing to an internal issue (esp. if you have other physical side effects) or more of an external issue (reaction to products, allergies/ sensitivities, etc). This would help narrow things down.

If you can find a good acupuncturist, then they might be able to pin point a lot of things for you with regular treatments. I had acupuncturists diagnose me with things way before "traditional" doctors, so I definitely think acupuncture can help a lot, provided you find someone qualified to do it (some quacks are out there, as with anything).

I've started to do that wish clean. It's hard for me to pinpoint what is causing what because I always have acne on my face with new ones coming up daily (which makes me think it could be food/allergy related). My body is just in inflammation mode and it's no fun. The eczema makes it that much harder to deal. I did acupuncture last year but never noticed an improvement. He did mention that he thought my issue was liver related and thought that I wasn't absorbing my nutrients well. I definitely think so thing is off with my gut as my stomach gurgles on and off, my poop though regular are weird looking and I'm once again dropping crazy weight in spite of eating 'healthy food'. The not knowing is frustrating....

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/08/2015 5:56 pm

ockquote>

Hi leelowe,

I've started to do that wish clean. It's hard for me to pinpoint what is causing what because I always have acne on my face with new ones coming up daily (which makes me think it could be food/allergy related). My body is just in inflammation mode and it's no fun. The eczema makes it that much harder to deal. I did acupuncture last year but never noticed an improvement. He did mention that he thought my issue was liver related and thought that I wasn't absorbing my nutrients well. I definitely think so thing is off with my gut as my stomach gurgles on and off, my poop though regular are weird looking and I'm once again dropping crazy weight in spite of eating 'healthy food'. The not knowing is frustrating....

hmm. If you are losing weight despite eating normally, then it could be leaky gut.