Notifications
Clear all

Make Up And Men

MemberMember
(@storm1996)

Posted : 03/08/2015 1:41 pm

Hey what's up everyone. I'm 19 .Well I have moderate to mild acne, face, neck and back ,and its really noticeable have some scars as well and people stare. When I talk to people they can't go long with looking at just my eyes , I've been noticing that a lot of people touch their face when I talk to them , like no it's not contagious. But Ya I mean I avoid eye contact sometimes even ,,,like Ya I'm handsome but my acne just ... Makes it feel like I'm not , I go on about wearing a hood everywhere I go makes me feel less self aware more like I'm a normal human being and covers up my neck and back acne, well anyway I'm a male and was thinking of putting on make up to try and cover acne , but not to sure. Like what does a woman or girl think when they see a guy with make up ?? Like I would never of thought to go to this extent but.... Idk what do you guys think, please let me know, thanks .

MemberMember
(@moneyball29)

Posted : 03/08/2015 10:52 pm

yo dude I feel your pain, and have considered doing this from time to time too. But at the end of the day, wearing makeup is just a bad idea for a guy. It just sends off a vibe that you are insecure about your skin. Girls wear makeup from a young age, even if they have flawless skin, just to enhance their look even more. It may work temporarily and most people may not see that you are wearing makeup, but eventually some girl will see it and judge you even harder than if you just left your skin alone and said fuck it this is what it is

MemberMember
(@acetrain)

Posted : 03/09/2015 5:23 am

If it makes you more comfortable i'd say go for it! I wear foundation sometimes to cover up big or noticeable pimples, and it make me more confident!

MemberMember
(@patflat71)

Posted : 03/09/2015 12:35 pm

There are also these concealers sticks (Cover Girl "True Blend" is one of them) that I find works well to hide just one little spot if you don't want to use foundation all over your face. I think male makeup and general grooming products are way more accepted nowadays so why not try it!