Notifications
Clear all

B5 & Hair Loss - A Quick Study

MemberMember
(@pisano)

Posted : 03/07/2015 3:02 am

Hello -

Just a quick study on b5 & the potential (but anecdotally supported) side effect of hair loss.

For those of you who have taken b5, at any doseage, in order to combat acne:

-What was your doseage/frequency/length of treatment?

-Did you experience hair loss/thinning?

-Were you taking any other supplements/medications during/shortly before or after your b5 treatment?

-Specifically, were you taking something to combat potential hair loss or other side effects, or some other acne medication (antibiotic, other supplement, accutane, etc.)? Please provide doseage/frequency.

If you have experienced hair loss:

-At what point in b5 treatment did you notice hair loss?

-How long did/have the hair loss symptoms persist(ed)?

-Upon noticing hair loss, did you stop taking b5 immediately?

-Did anything change which has lessened/stopped hair loss symptoms?

--

This is by no means a comprehensive list of relevant questions concerning b5 + hair loss. Other factors, such as age, gender, and familial history of hair loss, may play an important role. Feel free to add any information as seems appropriate.

MemberMember
(@brendan452)

Posted : 02/12/2016 12:44 pm

Have you cured b5 hair loss

MemberMember
(@acnekillerbibibi)

Posted : 11/02/2016 4:44 am

Did that work?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/28/2017 12:44 pm

Hi, I'm a female in my mid thirties who took mega doses of b5 pantothenic acid. I would order the 1,000mg tablets. I went through two 100 count bottles and got halfway through the third bottle when the hair loss started. I would usually take between 2-4 of these 1,000mg tablets a day. At first I thought it was telogen effluvium but that was many months ago and the hair is still coming out in large clumps. I have a lot of hair and it's really long, so it hasn't become noticeable to anyone else yet, just me. I've done extensive research and no one seems to be able to find an answer, some ppl have gone years losing their hair waiting for an answer. Frightening! I've tried inositol powder, vitamins A & C, hair & nail formulas (which are mostly b's), b complexes, brewers yeast, NAC (acetyl cysteine). None of these things have had any effect whatsoever. So anyway, I decided after my research that the hairloss has to do with an over abundance of circulating dht. I ordered this supplement called Hair Rush that is the only supplement out there that claims to lower dht. There are many reviews from ppl just like us who have shedding hair that won't stop and apparently it has helped many of them. It's around $70. I havent gotten it in the mail yet to be able to start taking it and review it, but i may be returning it because over the last few days, my hair stopped falling out. I don't know if this is a random coincidence, but i went off of all the supplements and vitamins and I now only take a chewable vitamin C and I started drinking Spearmint Tea (supposed to regulate hormones.) I started drinking two cups a day and at the same time I started doing this, the hairloss stopped. I've been obsessively doing the "pull" test throughout the day and in the shower with only 3-4 hairs coming out. This might just be a random coincidence, so I'm trying not to freak out with excitement just yet. If this is it, Spearmint, then I'm returning the Hair Rush and just sticking with this. I know your post is old, but I will keep you updated on my progress because I know many others are reading this for advice. THanks