Notifications
Clear all

Starting Yasmin Soon And Have Question

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/03/2015 8:50 am

Hello all. I recently went to my ob/gyn and asked for Yasmin to help with my breakouts that I get the week before my period. She told me that usually it does help breakouts, but my question is this. I get a lot of non-inflamed acne, especially on either side of my chin. Just flesh colored bumps that linger forever. So all you women who have used Yasmin for acne who also have clogged pores/non-inflamed spots, did it help them? I really hate them because they don't go away until I make them go away. They will stay for months and while I realize it probably won't help what I already have, I am really hoping this will help prevent new ones from forming. My skin does not tolerate harsh products well, so when my derm gave me Retin-a I didn't use it. Pretty much treating this internally is my only option. My ob/gyn brushed me off when I brought up the possibility of a hormonal imbalance (I had my second child almost a year ago and breakouts have been worse ever since, along with me being very moody and weepy, so I thought it was reasonable to think that but I guess not ). I had no tests done and she seemed annoyed when I asked if I might have an imbalance so I just let it go.

Anywho, I have my prescription, but was instructed to take it the first Sunday after my next period started and so it isn't time for me to start yet. I do plan on starting it asap and that will probably be this Sunday. I am aware of the possibility of side effects and yatta yatta. I am willing to take the risk. Just wondering if I shouldn't get my hopes up as far as it helping the non-inflamed stuff. Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/08/2015 8:31 am

Nobody has any experience with Yasmin and clogged pores? :( oh well... I stared today, guess I'll find out eventually!

MemberMember
(@darkenedcloud)

Posted : 04/22/2015 7:29 am

I take Yaz, which is a milder form of Yasmin. In my opinion it does help with clogged pores, because it reduces the production of sebum a bit (correct me if I'm wrong, anyone). I have less inflamed zits and less clogged pores when I am on Yaz.

But I do want to warn you, both Yasmin and Yaz come with some dangerous side effects. Maybe you won't get any, but just be cautious, that's all I can say!

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/24/2015 9:53 am

I take Yaz, which is a milder form of Yasmin. In my opinion it does help with clogged pores, because it reduces the production of sebum a bit (correct me if I'm wrong, anyone). I have less inflamed zits and less clogged pores when I am on Yaz.

But I do want to warn you, both Yasmin and Yaz come with some dangerous side effects. Maybe you won't get any, but just be cautious, that's all I can say!

Good to know! I am about to start the last week of my second pack already. Still getting clogged pores, but I heard it can take 3 months for your skin to clear. Did it take a while for your skin to clear up? So far I am not having any side effects that I notice. I know bc can increase the risk of blood clots etc, which is scary,but I am just praying that won't happen :/ Thanks for your response! :)

MemberMember
(@darkenedcloud)

Posted : 04/29/2015 12:45 am

Right now I have less clogged pores (I stopped taking them a while ago, but now Im back on them again, fourth pack), though I do have some inflamed pimples :( but it's true that most of it clears up during those first three months. You just have to get through that, and see for yourself if it's really working for you. :)