Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chikin

Sleeping and Pillows

Got a question for everyone.

When I sleep I'm always paranoid that if I lie with my cheek against the pillow all night it that side of my face will get suffocated and get more oily and break out in the next few days...

I'm probably just paranoid but I always seem to be able to fall asleep easier on my side than on my back, and at the moment I'm trying to sleep on my back as much as I can.

I do change the pillow case regularly as well.

What do you guys do?

My body is just sucking in general at the moment, not sleeping well, can't get to sleep easily and I seem to be sleeping very lightly and wake up at the smallest of disturbances. I used to be able to sleep through anything sad.gif I know lack of sleep is also a contributor towards acne development too, so that kind bums me out a bit.

Anyone got any tips, comments, recommendations?

i only have spots near my mouth and jaw on one side of my face and thats the side i sleep on,i asked my boyf when he sees me sleeping on that side to turn me over,he he!! biggrin.gif

It's ok to sleep on your cheek (on your side) just as long you change your pillowcase everyday. Once I started changing them everyday, my breakouts became much less on my cheeks.