Notifications
Clear all

Acne Red Marks? Hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@miretons)

Posted : 03/01/2015 2:44 am

I've had these spots for about 2 months now. Had a severe break out and started using BP; stopped using it now.

Anyone know how to get rid of these spots? Accutane maybe? I seriously don't know what to do because they aren't going away on their own. I had spots like these before but they want away when I went to a warmer climate for some reason, but now that I'm back in a cold one, they are staying. (They aren't pimples, they are the red marks that were left after all the pimples went away. The red marks feel smooth.)

P.S. Some background knoweldge: I always get break outs in the winter for some reason...

9fmlgn.jpg

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/01/2015 9:18 am

The Acne.Org AHA+ (10% glycolic acid) has really been helping my son with his red marks from old acne. Acne first attacked his forehead back in August 2014....now you can hardly tell he had acne here! His cheeks broke out later, and he still continues to get a pimple or two here, so the red marks are still pretty prominent but with each week we are seeing signs of improvement.

Glycolic acid is a powerful chemical exfoliator which helps speed up the fading of red marks. The marks do eventually fade even if you do nothing, BTW, but will take much longer.

Here's some more info:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#alphahydroxy

BTW, if you do decide to give this product a try, I'd recommend starting slow until your skin gets used to it. The 10% formula is pretty strong and better suited for use treating body acne, but in a diluted form, can be used successfully on your face for red marks. Use only one or two nights per week to start, and dilute with your moisturizer. I'd recommend starting with only a pea-size amount mixed with lots of moisturizer and slowly increasing until you're using a 50/50 mix every other night.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

MemberMember
(@miretons)

Posted : 03/07/2015 2:10 am

Is there anything other than acid that I can try?

I did three chemical peels already and they don't seem to have any effect. Maybe I'm being scammed?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 03/08/2015 7:01 am

Those will fade eventually man. Quite slow though, heres my progress log: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/345747-post-inflammatory-hyperpigmentation-log-glycolic-acid-kojic-acid-arbutin/

been about 3 months now.

MemberMember
(@miretons)

Posted : 03/12/2015 3:29 pm

Didn't ask to be told they will go away eventually, I asked to make them go away quicker.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 03/12/2015 4:13 pm

I use 10% glycolic acid but you could try hydrogen peroxide or apple cider vinegar.

MemberMember
(@rarryrison83)

Posted : 03/12/2015 8:46 pm

thing is, Ive done a lot of research on PIH and Ive never seen anyone speed things up exponentially. I'm in your position too, I have PIH everywhere. Its faded some but Im looking for something to help along faster. You have to manage your expectaitons. There are things that will help it fade faster but even those treatments take time.

MemberMember
(@jeff98)

Posted : 03/12/2015 8:56 pm

You can take 50mg of zinc per day, and a use zinc oxide cream like desitin all nights the zinc cure the scars more faster, and finally you can use a natural yogurth, and honey mask 2 days per week.

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 03/12/2015 11:46 pm

The absolute biggest misconception on this site is that red marks are PIH. They are not, and acids wont peel them away.

MemberMember
(@innocent-devil)

Posted : 03/13/2015 1:07 am

Hey i have super sensitive skin..nd the red marks too on my cheeks

u can try ths mask

one tea spoon yogurt, half tea spoon honey,half tea spoon of aloe vera gel nd about one teaspoon oatmeal,grind the oatmeal...mix them all nd apply all ovr ur face wash after 30 mins.do ths at ni8..nd then apply just a bit olive oil on cheeks only..

it works like a mircale without irritating..i m doing ths for two weeks nd my face is 90 % clear...ths mask is for acne,acne red marks nd scars...