Notifications
Clear all

Help Please

MemberMember
(@zelidey)

Posted : 02/25/2015 8:37 pm

I recently got acne a month ago, I've always had clear skin and my acne is moderate as of today, but it's really red? What can I do to for the redness,itchiness and inflammation to be under control? I've been washing my face twice a day with panoxyl acne cleansing bar? Is this a good product? The doctor prescribed doxycycline hyclate treatment for 10 days and it didn't do a difference.

MemberMember
(@belladonna16)

Posted : 02/28/2015 9:47 pm

Sounds like your skin is irritated, which could have been brought on by a variety of factors. Acne products can be pretty tough on the skin which can lead to the redness and irritation sometimes. It's really important you find a balance between moisturizing, exfoliating, and using the products meant to get rid of acne. You could try putting ice overtop the effected areas as it can calm swelling and reduce redness. If you're finding your skin to be too itchy and red while using your current cleanser, then I'd suggest switching to a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser such as Cetaphil as it won't be as harsh on your skin.

Also, doxycycline hyclate is an antibiotic. Antibiotics can take up to 3-4 weeks to just kick in and start even showing minor improvements on your skin (which is why they are usually perscribed for a minimum of 2 months). 10 days is just barely over a week, so you'd not see improvement in that small timespan. I'd suggest giving it another go but staying on it for at least over a month and seeing how it goes.