Notifications
Clear all

Severe Acne Scarring

MemberMember
(@eulergauss)

Posted : 02/25/2015 6:16 am

I have been suffering very badly from severe acne scars for approximately 2.5 years and have been trying to treat these during a time interval of 2 years on and off. Some downtime in treatment due to acne breakouts. Treatment involves usage of 1 to 2 mm dermastamps- and rollers, copper peptide serum, MSM cream and other topicals. No improvement has been observed.

Mostly very deep boxcar scars and a large number of icepick scars. See pictures below:

http://imgur.com/a/38EoD

The lighting may cause depth perception issues.

Questions:

What treatments are viable and recommended for these scars? I am willling to spend up to $3000 and live in Sweden.

Is it reasonable to believe they can be reduced by up to 80% in appearance?

Are there any daily regimens that would help, such as drinking lots of water, getting sufficient sleep or whatever?

Thanks a lot in advance.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/25/2015 4:38 pm

I use a 1.5mm dermastamp religiously every 10 days to 2 weeks max, followed by copper peptides or vitamin C serum...I've been at it for a few years and there is improvement....and I stamp hard ~6 times each scar and it draws blood....you've been doing this CONSISTENTLY, your stamping?

but no worries if you haven't and you have money, research derms and go talk to a few and you read up on what they recommend and you decide

you can definitely get improvement through a combination of subscision, fraxel treatments or more ablative...never 100% but we can see improvements

MemberMember
(@eulergauss)

Posted : 02/25/2015 4:54 pm

I wait betweeh 3 and 4 weeks between each session. I use vitamin C a couple days before. I stamp and roll each scar about 8 times and I end up with quite a bloody face. I'm hoping for maybe 70-80% improvement at least, seems like laser treatment is the way to go.