Notifications
Clear all

8 Months After Accutane And I Still Have Scars

MemberMember
(@nicholas1994)

Posted : 02/24/2015 9:24 pm

I started accutane january 2014 and finished in July but now I still have horrible red marks and dents In my face. I feel so so dry like my lips and my face. Could this be due to winter weather? Or my oils just not returned yet. Please help me

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 02/25/2015 1:30 pm

Chemical peels will fix the marks almost entirely. I get mine from skin obsession but make up artist's choice is a more popular brand.

Accutane is pretty intense and side effects can linger. If you had those symptoms during treatment and they just never subsided than I would assume the medicine is the cause. Someone else might have some good dry skin product recommendations.

MemberMember
(@anonuser)

Posted : 02/26/2015 3:22 am

Accuntane doesn't treat acne scars.....

MemberMember
(@nicholas1994)

Posted : 02/28/2015 3:55 pm

Accuntane doesn't treat acne scars.....

I didn't say it did... Accutane has left me with them

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 02/28/2015 7:57 pm

scars usually become more visible during the tane treatment and after. but with time they might get better, although not in my case:) If by marks you mean pigmentation, it will definitely get lighter or disappear within 2-3 years on its own or faster if you do treatments (laser etc) I agree with the above post-accutane does not treat scars but it sounded from your post that you expected it to. In any case, dryness should have subsided by now but if it did not then that has to be addressed with dermatologist. My oil returned 1 months after accutane was stopped. But oil returned together with acne as before:) good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@nicholas1994)

Posted : 03/04/2015 5:44 pm

scars usually become more visible during the tane treatment and after. but with time they might get better, although not in my case:) If by marks you mean pigmentation, it will definitely get lighter or disappear within 2-3 years on its own or faster if you do treatments (laser etc) I agree with the above post-accutane does not treat scars but it sounded from your post that you expected it to. In any case, dryness should have subsided by now but if it did not then that has to be addressed with dermatologist. My oil returned 1 months after accutane was stopped. But oil returned together with acne as before:) good luck to you!

I know I've been through it all. But my point is I used to have very smooth skin and very mild acne I never had any scars. What has given me scars Is the initial breakout with accutane which has left me with old looking skin!

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 03/06/2015 3:38 pm

scars usually become more visible during the tane treatment and after¦. but with time they might get better, although not in my case:) If by marks you mean pigmentation, it will definitely get lighter or disappear within 2-3 years on its own or faster if you do treatments (laser etc¦) I agree with the above post-accutane does not treat scars but it sounded from your post that you expected it to. In any case, dryness should have subsided by now but if it did not then that has to be addressed with dermatologist. My oil returned 1 months after accutane was stopped. But oil returned together with acne as before:) good luck to you!

I know I've been through it all. But my point is I used to have very smooth skin and very mild acne I never had any scars. What has given me scars Is the initial breakout with accutane which has left me with old looking skin!

well then, you have to leave it be for now and treat scars with laser or some other alternative late,r because, in my opinion and from my personal experience, scars do not get significantly better unless you laser treat them or just accept them as they are.:)