Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline

MemberMember
(@gl0w)

Posted : 02/24/2015 4:32 pm

May be long...... Anyway I had acne since about 12 in late 6th grade,as time went on my acne got worse and worse I'm 14 now at the time right now my acne gotten the worst(30 to 70 lesions) . I've tried everything, from home and over the counter. None worked so we went to the derm and got a prescription for Doxycycline as oral treatment, and Aczone for topical. Why he gave he Doxycycline first is since Accutane or now known as (Isotretinoin) is so expensive ($1,500 a month I think) and since my acne is so bad he right away knew I need Isotretinoin but for my insurance to cover it I need to take Doxy for 3 months and see from there. Long story short, I just started Doxy, On the 17th of Feb 2015, and it's now 24th of Feb 2015, 1 day from a whole week, and I see little to no results. I just was wondering is Doxy good for acne? Or should I just pretend that taking this doxy is a stepping stool for Isotretinoin? I really hope the Doxy is my key, since Isotretinoin is a harsh drug but is good for curing acne. Note I eat healthy,Workout, and get good sleep (this is the part of trying everything). I kind of live my life like Patrick Bateman (Not a killer guys....) only thing stopping my is my skin is bad, and his is clear,and I can't yet use is depth morning routine since my acne, can't wait till its gone, I'm going to be so different and happy and for once in 2 years...Feel...Clean...

MemberMember
(@griff99)

Posted : 02/26/2015 9:57 am

Doxy will improve it, but it takes more than 6 days.

MemberMember
(@gl0w)

Posted : 03/12/2015 7:53 pm

Update:So i've been on Doxy for 3 weeks now and my acne or skin has gotten worse,but at least my body acne (Chest,Shoulders,and Upper Arms) have cleared up, now I'm taking my skin really bad to be an initial breakout (IB).I but its hard to say since it comes and goes, 1 new pimple may leave or 2 appear. Also I have to state my problem spots, Forehead (Nodular/Cystic),Cheeks which are mainly on my right side (cluster,small pimples and red spots,deep deep under skin bumps), Neck (Cystic,Small Pimples), Around my chin (Hormonal pimples) And chest is mostly deep bumps and red pimples on my shoulders, with small bumps on my bicep area. Anyway my new pimples which I think and hope are initial breakout are on my nose area which I had hardly ever had. Idk just reply please!