Notifications
Clear all

Dormant Cyst For Over Two Years

MemberMember
(@twofurgles)

Posted : 02/24/2015 12:09 am

Hallo,

Two years ago, I had a huge cyst on my cheek that took forever to become inactive, and the pus completely drained. Today it is just a large red spot, but it has a raised surface to it, which I can feel when I run my fingers over the area. I have been told that it may be raised scar tissue.

What I am mainly concerned about is the redness. I have tried all manner of peels (skin culture 4000, tca 25%, Salicylic acid 50%, Lactic acid 50%, fruit peels, etc.), vitamin c cerum, tea tree oil, neem oil, tazorac, lemon juice, honey, baking soda, the urine method, garlic cloves, and the list goes on; even fasting and changing my diet; days with no sun, days with lots, sea salt water, facials, bio oil, epsom salt, hot water soaks, tea bags, etc. Nothing has done anything; the bump is still there, won't budge, and redness has not faded at all.

I am losing all hope, and would like any suggestion. Again, it is a minimally raised bump that is red, and has been around for over two years. Cortisone injections failed as well.

Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/24/2015 11:28 am

i had one like that once let it sit there for a year after getting it injected. i thought it was a scar after having many peels and ipl's on it without it budging. i went to the derm and she used some special glasses to look at it and said it was a scar and that she could excise it and it would leave a tiny scar.

a few weeks after my derm appointment i squeezed it and all this crap came out. apparently the core of the cyst was still there so once i got all that out it totally flattened and healed and i got a few more ipl;s on it and it was gone.

MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 02/25/2015 6:19 am

Have you tried massaging the scar tissue? I had a raised bump for a cyst that lasted about a year, I found using differin and massaging the area, as if pushing the lump back in gently seemed to help over time and now I can't feel it. Google massage and scar tissue it can help break it down if it is raised, assuming that there is nothing left inside the cyst. It took about 6 months to a year for my cyst to go completely flat so consistency and time are important

MemberMember
(@maria11)

Posted : 02/25/2015 12:31 pm

omg i have the EXACT same problem. the core of the cyst is still inside im pretty sure and its bright red for 2 years and a bump too. its dormant too. :(🙁:( i have no idea how to get rid of it..

MemberMember
(@twofurgles)

Posted : 03/03/2015 4:44 am

yep, tried massaging but doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone suggest any oral way to attack this? The bump is no doubt still there, as is the redness from it. NOTHING budges it, or fades the redness.

That is all I am concerned with right now: the redness. Anything would help, really.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/03/2015 11:04 am

go to your derm they should be able to extract it for you and if not then go to an esthetician but make sure you get a good one that does extractions since not all of them do that.

MemberMember
(@twofurgles)

Posted : 03/03/2015 11:24 pm

Tried both; they said there is nothing inside, meaning no fluid. It is like a empty sack. Used to have pus and such, but not anymore. any ideas for redness?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/04/2015 8:16 am

Gotcha. Ipl or v-beam should work on the redness.

MemberMember
(@twofurgles)

Posted : 03/07/2015 12:41 am

any home remedies? Any internal pills? masks?

MemberMember
(@minaaa)

Posted : 03/10/2015 6:33 pm

I had the exact same problem for two months and honestly you aren't going to find a home remedy that will help this or even an over the counter cream. I was prescribed tetracycline for six months and only then did it finally disappear gradually...they're a pain in the neck but I hope it goes well for you!

MemberMember
(@cystsaregay)

Posted : 02/19/2016 2:42 pm

I've got the same exact thing...so seeing a doctor is the only way to resolve this problem?