Notifications
Clear all

Neutrogena Hydro Boost

MemberMember
(@allthethings)

Posted : 02/23/2015 10:01 pm

hey guys,

I have cut back to only using some clindomyocin lotion on my stubborn cysts, which are mostly due to hormones. However, I have always battled really really dry skin, even before using any acne clearing products (which notoriously dry out the skin). I was looking for something that would mousturize me really well without breaking me out.

I saw the new Neutrogena Hydro Boost line in a store the other day and wondered if you guys had tried it?? I think the one for 'very dry skin' that is fragrance free would be good, but haven't checked any of the ingredients against Dan's list of no-no's. Has anyone tried it?

PS I have very sensitive skin in addition to the dryness, so do you think it would be okay for me or should I stick with my regular Neutrogena for combination skin and add in something else for extra-moisture? (becuase alone, it isn't really cutting it. I am a flaky mess!)

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 03/07/2017 10:40 pm

Hey I know this post is old, and I dont know if you even still come on this site, but im i terested in knowing how this product worked out for you?

MemberMember
(@pagiepooh)

Posted : 07/18/2017 6:34 pm

@Rachie39I use the neutrogena hydro boost gel cleanser and it's AMAZING. I also use cerave daily moisturizer and it's pretty great too. after 10 years of struggling with horrible, cystic acne, my skin is almost completely clear. it's a miracle lol. the cerave is so good because it has hyaluronic acid and ceramides in it. it helps to keep your natural skin barrier healthy and functional. i highly recommend washing with the hydro boost gel cleanser and then moisturizing with the cerave daily moisturizer (while skin is still damp). do this twice a day. This is the skin care that i follow as i've been recommended by a dermatologist.

Rachie39 liked
MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 07/18/2017 6:47 pm

10 minutes ago, pagiepooh said:
@Rachie39I use the neutrogena hydro boost gel cleanser and it's AMAZING. I also use cerave daily moisturizer and it's pretty great too. after 10 years of struggling with horrible, cystic acne, my skin is almost completely clear. it's a miracle lol. the cerave is so good because it has hyaluronic acid and ceramides in it. it helps to keep your natural skin barrier healthy and functional. i highly recommend washing with the hydro boost gel cleanser and then moisturizing with the cerave daily moisturizer (while skin is still damp). do this twice a day. This is the skin care that i follow as i've been recommended by a dermatologist.

thank you for that. Its very good advice. Only issue is that im in Australia so we dont have cerave products. My derm has me on Avene skin recovery cream as a moisturiser as I have extremely sensitive skin and la roche posay effaclar gel wash which I really love. I will look out for the hydro boost gel cleanser and give it a go. Thank you again.

pagiepooh liked
MemberMember
(@pagiepooh)

Posted : 07/18/2017 6:51 pm

you're very welcome! good luck to you on your skin care journey!