Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When they first appeared on my cheeks and under my eyes, my mom told me not to worry. That it was nothing serious and that they would close in a short time. doubt.gif She was wrong. Well, its been a long while now and they are just so visable. But not only do I have open pores but my skin is very VERY OILY. I just recently bought Neutrogena's Pore Refining Cleanser.

Does anyone have advice on open pores?

Pores don't open or close -- closing pores would mean you'd get constant blackheads. Just don't worry about them.

Try an exfoliating wash, though.

You cant decrease pore size, but what you can do is make them appear smaller. Oil causes the pores to appear larger and can sometimes permanantly casue a large pore. Keeping your skin dry by washing twice a day will make your pores appear smaller and using a mask at night on larger pores will work good. Try putting a thin layer of Phillips Milk of Magnesia (original) on larger pores before bed. It sounds funny, but it works.

Pores on your face don't open or close. A build up of dead skin cells and oil can make a pore appear larger (sometimes permanently). I have this problem too. All over my face my pores are large and visible. I've been using Differin which helps a little (by helping keep the gunk out of them). Masks used to help me a little too, but only temporarily.