Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys,

I've been looking through this place a little bit for the past few weeks, and I thought I'd make a post today.

I'm now 18 (almost 19) and I started having spots/acne in certain places around 2 years ago. I didn't know much about cleaning and moisturizing back then, and I unfortunately used to go crazy at these spots and pick and pop.

Fast forward today, I have dark spots/marks from previous spots (it'd probably be the same as red scars, but I'm dark skinned so--) and I still get spots all the time now. Some whiteheads that come out in the same spots over and over, others are like little spots around my mouth and cheeks that are way more visible in sunlight/any form of light. I should also mention that those little spots around my mouth/chin/cheeks have only gotten worse more recently and I don't know why. They can also be moderately itchy too. My face in general is also pretty dry. Like every time I wash my face even just with water, it'll be visibly dry.

I've tried loads of different facial washes, moisturizers, salicylic acid pads, tea tree oil, steaming, honey mask, bla bla bla. Nothing has really worked at all and now it's starting to emotionally affect me in my everyday life. I've been thinking of going to my GP but I have a feeling he'll shrug it off and just tell me it's teenage acne and will go away by itself.

Edited by StateS