Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
musicfan01

Doxycyclin and Retin-A Micro...

I am 14 and I have been suffering from moderate/severe acne for over three years now. I have used numerous acne products over these three years and have seen little improvement. Just a couple of months ago, I was determined to find a cure to this stubborn acne. I came across this website and read all the great comments about the Regimen, and I bought a tube of BP gel, yet I did not get a chance to use it because... Just a few days after my online order, I went to see my doctor for an annual physical. He gave me a precription of Doxycyclin (50MG) and Retin-A Micro. He told me to come back in four weeks so he could see my improvement. Over those four weeks, I took the Doxycyclin twice a day, one in the morning and one at night. I used the Retin-A micro after washing my face with Gentle Cleansing Bar by Purpose. The soap was recommeneded on this site. Sadly, I saw very little improvement, if any. When I went back to my doctor, he recommended a derm, which I have yet to see.

Has anyone used the combination of these two meds, or used just one? What were your results? I would really appreciate feedback about what I should do.

Thanks--mf01

A family doctor can prescribe that? I thought only derms could. If you have moderate /severe, retin-a probobly wouldn't be the best choice... it seems to be for mild cases. When i was on retin-a, it took over a month to see results.