Notifications
Clear all

Tca Peel Day 8 Spot Dilema

MemberMember
(@charzle617)

Posted : 02/22/2015 6:01 am

Ok so I did a TCA peel (25%) 8 days ago, it started peeling on Day 4 and I did assist the process by picking(bad I know but It didnt hurt or bleed And I just cant help it) My skin is looking really bad and scarred and brown spotty after this peel. Im extremely self concious and I need to attend school and its just worse!!! Thankss. I have also had a few acne spots since, but I do have acne prone skin and get it but only mildly really!!!!

post-441954-0-61485200-1424602949_thumb.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/22/2015 8:47 am

I'm sure you built up to the 25% right? what is your healing pattern on the 12.5% or the 15%?

I'm thinking of working the tca peels into the mix myself, but as always we need to go slow, do a test spot...we all heal differently

you just need to let the skin rest and heal, take lots of vitamin C, use your usual moisturizer and use a dab of cover if you need to go out, until it settles down, and I don't care if you are a male, if you need a dab of cover to get through school then use it

just give it a week with gentle treatment and it should bounce back....in the future, adjust the time, the %, time between peels, etc...

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 02/23/2015 11:11 am

Are you wearing sunscreen? Make sure you put on spf 30. The marks will fade. I usually start to look better after 10 days, I look awful the first 10 after the peel. I always get a couple brownish spots that vanish with time. Tca is a 8 week process, just let your skin do its thing.