Notifications
Clear all

Help:( Ziana Questions. Tea Tree Oil And Topicals?

MemberMember
(@tnorm)

Posted : 02/20/2015 11:00 am

Hey guys I could really use some advice. I am 16, female and have been struggling with mild to moderate acne for a few years now. Last year, in 3 months, epiduo and doxycycline cleared my skin beautifully. Then November 2014 it started to wear off so I went to the derm and she prescribed 100 mg minocycline every night along with nightly use of ziana gel. It is now January 2015. I have been on this regimen for 3 months and have seen little improvement. Sometimes I have good weeks, but I almost always am struggling with a couple cysts. At the one month mark, I got so frustrated and started using ziana in the morning AND night, along with lathering (not joking) my face in pure tea tree oil. Just a couple weeks ago I had a TERRIBLE forehead breakout (mine is usually clear) and decided I need to stop the tea tree and overuse of ziana. I'm wondering though, does tea tree oil "cancel" out ziana? Would that explain why I'm 3 months into my treatment and am not clear? Does that mean im technically only like a month or two into my treatment if ziana and tea tree oil didn't work for a whole month? I have a derm appointment at the end of March but I'm so sick of this. Maybe ziana just isn't working for me?.... Also april 1 im going on vacation and am very desperate for my clear "epiduo" skin again )): thank you for your replies, they are sooo appreciated <3

Regimen:

Morning-

Wash w/ cetaphil oil control

Pat face dry

Moisturize w cetaphil oil control moisturizer

Night-

Wash w cetaphil oil control

Pat dry

Small amount of ziana all over face

100 mg minicycline

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 02/20/2015 11:07 am

Maybe it's not the Ziana that's the problem, but the Tea tree oil? That stuff is strong and I believe it should be diluted - you shouldn't put it full-strength all over your face. I've also heard it doesn't work for everyone.

Have you tried using a benzoyl peroxide wash in the morning? It works for me as a part of my regimen - I use clindamicyn in the morning and differin at night. My skin is 95% clear right now as far as active acne goes.

MemberMember
(@tnorm)

Posted : 02/20/2015 11:17 am

Maybe it's not the Ziana that's the problem, but the Tea tree oil? That stuff is strong and I believe it should be diluted - you shouldn't put it full-strength all over your face. I've also heard it doesn't work for everyone.

Have you tried using a benzoyl peroxide wash in the morning? It works for me as a part of my regimen - I use clindamicyn in the morning and differin at night. My skin is 95% clear right now as far as active acne goes.

Yeah I think the tea tree was only making it worse so I stopped a couple weeks ago and my forehead has cleared up but the rest of my skin is still breaking out )): I'll ask my derm about the benzoyl wash when I go at the end of March

MemberMember
(@tnorm)

Posted : 02/20/2015 8:13 pm

ANYONE? PLEASE)):