Notifications
Clear all

Please Help! Forced To Stop Accutane

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 02/20/2015 2:13 am

Hello all!. i completed my first acccutane course of 12 months at 20mg/day last year , then 3 months later acne was back so i was put on the same course again. 2 months into the course my skin was perfect, but 2 weeks after that i have developed severe visual snow, brain fog, static vision. i have stopped taking the medication 4 days ago and my skin is getting little bumps, and itchy red marks all over... my acne is coming back.

what should i doo !! :( 🙁 my diet is super healthy; only eat organic foods, no dairy, no wheat, no sugar, no meat.

please heeelp!!! :)

MemberMember
(@yyoon93)

Posted : 02/20/2015 7:29 am

Hello.

I was also in the same position as you. I was on Accutane for a few months and during that time, my acne did clear up. Unfortunately my acne came back after I stopped taking Accutane. For me, Accutane never addressed the root cause of my acne and hence was only a temporary solution. I suffered from acne for over 10 years but recently my skin has cleared using a holistic approach. Finding the root cause for acne is different for everyone but this is what worked for me.

1) I had to repair/fix my digestive system. Eat slower, chew my food properly and take a probiotic supplement. I don't want to go over the benefits of probiotics, you can google that, but you need to get on a quality probiotic. I use used a probiotic from Natural Factors. (Double Strength Acidophilus and Bifidus). A good probiotic should be kept in the fridge at all times. I was on probiotics for almost 1 month before I saw results. I noticed that I was gaining some weight, probably because my body was able to break down food properly and absorb all the nutrients. (Because I didn't change my diet)

2) Avoid eating wheat products. (White bread etc)

3) After I was on probiotics for 1 month, I started taking other vitamins like C,D,A and Zinc. I used to take vitamins and minerals before, but I saw no results. Probably because my body was not able to break the nutrients down.

Anyways for me, repairing my digestive system was step # 1. It will take time but the supplements that I mentioned here are not very expensive. Probiotics for me cost 12 bucks for 90 caps.

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 02/20/2015 9:49 pm

Thank you for your reply! im going to try find the root of the cause!

would a naturapath be a good option?

i honestly dont understand why im getting acne! my diet is one of the healhiest ive ever seen... probably just teenage hormones making my skin oily

by the way im 17yo

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 02/27/2015 1:23 am

bump