Notifications
Clear all

Had To Stop Accutane - Help Please ! _

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 02/20/2015 2:12 am

Hello all!. i completed my first acccutane course of 12 months at 20mg/day last year , then 3 months later acne was back so i was put on the same course again. 2 months into the course my skin was perfect, but 2 weeks after that i have developed severe visual snow, brain fog, static vision. i have stopped taking the medication 4 days ago and my skin is getting little bumps, and itchy red marks all over... my acne is coming back.

what should i doo !! :( 🙁 my diet is super healthy; only eat organic foods, no dairy, no wheat, no sugar, no meat.

please heeelp!!! :)

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/20/2015 7:06 am

omy humble opinion- go lower on the dose, it works for you but you need to mitigate the side effects....try 20mg every OTHER day or every 3rd day...you might be one of the lucky ones who respond to a small dose...might have to stay on it longer

if that doesn't work then look into other options...I had to abort accutane on my first try- but try cutting the dose back first

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 02/25/2015 6:20 am

hey thanks for the response! i got off acutane for 7 days, and my acne has come back worse then it has ever been in my life.. my cheeks are covered in about 50 tiny scratchy bumps that are red and inflamed.. like an allergic reaction almost.. my visual symptoms havnt changed at all, so im going to go back on the treatment as i am thinking the visual affects were from heavy mdma usage a month prior.

why did you have to abort accutane?

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 02/27/2015 1:23 am

bump