Need Help- Staggere...

Notifications
Clear all

Need Help- Staggered Results

MemberMember
(@jamielee315)

Posted : 02/18/2015 11:01 pm

I've been using the acne products for about 3 months now, and at first I definitely saw my skin become much calmer and less irritated. However, after the first month or so, I wasn't seeing much more improvement, and even though I use the jojoba oil in addition to the moisturizer, I find that by the time it's the afternoon, my face is usually very dry. Also, every time I pop a pimple or let it go away on its own, a reddish dark mark is left in its place. How long should it be taking for these marks and my active acne to go away?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/19/2015 10:08 am

Some different things you can try:

1) Try upping the jojoba oil to 9-10 drops at night. This mixture may be a little oily for daytime, which is why I recommend for at night, although if you don't mind, absolutely use more at your a.m. Regimen. Give it a week or so, your skin should start to get noticeably softer and more in balance.

2) Up your moisturizer to 3 pumps.

3) Build in AHA+. Great chemical exfoliator that helps slough off dead skin and flakes. Also, helps red marks/PIH fade faster. I'd start with a mix of 1/4 AHA+ to 3/4 moisturizer rather than using straight and gradually increase the ratio to half and half. 10% glycolic acid is a powerful formula if your skin isn't used to it. It may sting a bit at first, and mixing in with your moisturizer helps minimize this. I'd also recommend only using this mix every 2-3 nights and not every day until your skin gets used to it. My son's been using AHA+ for about a month and a half and only uses a 50/50 mix every other night. His red marks on his forehead where he started getting acne back in September are now mostly faded, although it will be many more weeks before the newer ones on his cheeks clear.

4) All of the above

Try not to get discouraged if you're not as clear as you thought you'd be by now. The amount of time for active acne and red marks to fade varies from person to person, depending on how stubborn your acne is. People with mild, nonstubborn acne will clear fairly quickly. Hormonal acne can be especially stubborn but does respond well to the Regimen with time and patience. The AHA+ can be very helpful with marks so I do highly recommend it.

Wishing you success and clear skin! :)