Notifications
Clear all

What To Expect On Accutane.

MemberMember
(@collin42)

Posted : 02/18/2015 6:17 pm

Okay, so I recently started Accutane (40mg a day 135 lbs, 9th pill today) I have mild acne, but it's on the high end of mild. It hasn't went away much with anything else. That's why I'm now on my 5 months of Accutane. I'm already breaking out, I already have extremly dry lips, and dry skin is coming fast! My back hurts like crazy, and I'm always tired! And I was just wondering what I should do and when should I expect this stuff to subside a little... And if my initial break out could be this early I guess?

MemberMember
(@jaures)

Posted : 02/18/2015 6:53 pm

I think after you breakout, it tends not to come back afterwards.

Basically you breakout at various spots, and then these spots stay mostly clear afterwards because they are purged and the glands don't produce as much sebum anymore.

People usually say they see decent results at the end of the first or second month.

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 02/18/2015 10:04 pm

what to expect on accutane.?.. more important question might be what to expect after you finish the course.sometimes it does not help...

MemberMember
(@collin42)

Posted : 02/19/2015 3:47 pm

Accutane helps in the large majority of cases actually, so my doubt in it is very limited... And actually they have healed up mostly and haven't produced more oil since like I used to which is good! But I'm getting more in other spots, also my back pain and lips are getting worse

MemberMember
(@suicidekid209)

Posted : 04/03/2015 6:59 pm

I'm on my 25th day of claravis two 30 mg pills a day and I have not seen any improvements other than more red scars forming under my skin and it really sucks because I have to wake up and see this horrible mess going on my face and body, I've already had one initial breakout on the 15th day and the second one is even worse today, I expect for it to get worse before it gets better but I'm still not sure what to expect, I'll stay updated if anybody has advice or experience please let me know thanks

Robert,