Notifications
Clear all

Need 2Nd Opinions, Please - Healing Vs. Antibiotic Side Effects

MemberMember
(@veiled)

Posted : 02/16/2015 9:40 pm

I'm mid 30s, female, 5' 8", 120lbs, USA, I have diagnosed IBS-C (had a bunch of oscopies) and am on Bentyl when I need it. I have a gluten intolerance (not celiac) that results in cystic acne/white scars. I have PTSD -C from 15-years of DV. I think a lot of my ailments are from this.

I am going to a derma to deal with the cystic acne from my presumed GI/food allergy. I get cysts on my shoulders and face after eating gluten or meats treated with rgbh. I have cystic scars that constantly swell up if I eat gluten. They refuse to heal. I have had them for a year a half and want to get rid of them. I am on a strict no gluten diet but trace amounts happen and cause flare ups. Same with meats and rgbh.

Question 1: I was wondering if the issue was dermatitis herpetiformis or if I can get laser to burn the scars away and be done with the swelling so I went to ask the dermatologist.

My derma says he doesn't think it's DH. At least he looks at my marks and says it's not. He prescribed me bactrim in pill form with liquid clindamycin to apply topically along with retin a cream .01%. A week into bactrim I had to stop due to a scary fluctuating fever, painful joints, headaches, and a feeling of losing consciousness. A week into bactrim, I saw no clearing of my inflamed scars.

Question 2: Was my reaction an allergy to the bactrim?

I was taken off bactrim and had to wait 3 weeks to see my derma again. I maintained clindamycin/retin a which helps, a little. The derma put me on a new antibiotic now, minocycline (100mg twice a day). I hate it. Headaches, my head feels swollen, panic attacks/racing feeling, a total weird feeling like I am disassociated from myself. I also now have weird water filled white head acne on parts of my body I never had acne before.

Question 3: Is this another bad reaction? I think I should probably stop taking the new anti-biotics.

Question 4+: Is this really worth trying to calm some cystic acne scars down that wont heal? Is there a better way of going about healing other than experimenting with medicines that are making me sick? Other protocols? Blarg.

I want to heal my skin but this doesn't feel right. I want to heal but at what cost? I feel like I'm poisoning myself. =(

To clarify, I am also taking trader joe's probiotics to mitigate some of the antibiotic issues.

MemberMember
(@veiled)

Posted : 02/18/2015 4:25 am

I just went ahead and stopped the mino with the blessings of my doc. The side effects I was experiencing were incredible. I don't know how I'm going to heal scars that refuse to heal but it's not happening with a feeling like my whole body is in a pressure chamber while I am totally disassociated from myself and smelling chlorine. I don't know wtf they manufacture these drugs with but my body was treating it like it was poison.