Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rocketboysf

White Pus Zits Around Mouth And Chin! - Help! Help!

Recommended Posts

 

8 minutes ago, Dsophobe said:

Indeed, it's very expensive... hope it will be worthwhile.

 

Its basically the strongest possible herbal therapy to address SIBO. If this doesn't work out, then there's no hope anymore..

 

8 minutes ago, Dsophobe said:

The supplement I plan to try during 2 month : https://en.salvia-nutrition.com/dysbios-aroma/

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

 

Edited by UnkemptGround
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Dsophobe said:

Yes, I also have zits on my scalp and sometimes in my nose and upper back.

It begins when I was 20 after a big depression, I am no 29. 

Indeed, it's very expensive... hope it will be worthwhile.

I was also tired of cleaning the juicer ;D 

The supplement I plan to try during 2 month : https://en.salvia-nutrition.com/dysbios-aroma/

Were u on any kind of medication like antibiotics or accutane before getting this condition or was depression (which can also alter gut microbiome drastically) the only trigger?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Were u on any kind of medication like antibiotics or accutane before getting this condition or was depression (which can also alter gut microbiome drastically) the only trigger?

I took many antibiotics when I was very young (4-6yo) but not after. Yes I read many articles saying that emotional stress and depression can be very aggressive for the gut ! That's why skin conditions begins after an emotional stress.
I also took accutane against folliculitis when I was 23yo : it helped me a lot (but perhaps did it hurt my liver or gut which was already weak ?). Folliculitis came back slowly but not as strong as it was.

 

Here you can read 2 serious article about the link between the gut microbiot and the skin :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6920876/ 

Quote

Although it is apparent that there is a link between the gut microbiota and dermatological disease, the exact mechanism is poorly understood. Current evidence suggests that it is likely due to a combination of both neurologic and immunologic responses to environmental shifts, resulting in chronic systemic inflammation that can ultimately affect the skin.

https://microbiomepost.com/cutaneous-and-intestinal-dysbiosis-cause-skin-inflammatory-diseases/ 

Quote

Doctor Pignatti added: «During my speech I have explained how the connection between food and skin cannot only be related to intolerances and allergies. There is a set of mechanisms linking all we introduce as food, which influences skin pathologies through the intestinal transformations made by microbiota

Six years ago, my dermatologists laughed when I asked them if there was a link with my diet ... now it's me who laught about them :smileys_n_people_20:

Edited by Dsophobe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dsophobe said:

I took many antibiotics when I was very young (4-6yo) but not after. Yes I read many articles saying that emotional stress and depression can be very aggressive for the gut ! That's why skin conditions begins after an emotional stress.
I also took accutane against folliculitis when I was 23yo : it helped me a lot (but perhaps did it hurt my liver or gut which was already weak ?). Folliculitis came back slowly but not as strong as it was.

 

Here you can read 2 serious article about the link between the gut microbiot and the skin :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6920876/ 

https://microbiomepost.com/cutaneous-and-intestinal-dysbiosis-cause-skin-inflammatory-diseases/ 

Six years ago, my dermatologists laughed when I asked them if there was a link with my diet ... now it's me who laught about them :smileys_n_people_20:

So did this start after accutane?

Also, dermatologists dont know shit about conditions like these all they can do is dole out drugs that can only suppress the symptoms, nothing else, if we have to fix this problem, fixing our gut microbiome is the only way and it is going to take some effort. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, underdog said:

So did this start after accutane?

Also, dermatologists dont know shit about conditions like these all they can do is dole out drugs that can only suppress the symptoms, nothing else, if we have to fix this problem, fixing our gut microbiome is the only way and it is going to take some effort. 

No, accutane was prescribe after failure of other treatments for my folliculitis (I try antibiotics too, which was a bad idea : usefull at the begining but never during a long time).

Hopefully, dermatologists are opening their mind thanks to serious studies. But only the new generations will be aware. 

I also plan to try aloe vera juice first thing in the morning, with lemon juice and sometimes celery juice again + 2 month of supplement against dysbiosis (based on essential oils) and 1 month of probiotics + Less fat and less sugar in my diet. Hope it'll be effective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello guys,

 

I wanted to update you all with some new info. So, as I wrote before, I'm waiting to receive supplement in order to start SIBO herbal therapy. However, as there was above optimal level of candida found in the tests that I took a couple of weeks ago, I decided to address this first. It's also good to point out that Aloe Vera juice has dramatically reduced my whiteheads, but not eliminated completely.

To make story short, I read in couple of places that undecylenic acid is the most effective way to kill candida internally, so I got some from Thorne. After basically taking it for 2 days(10-Undeceonic Acid, 3 times a day x 250mg), no new breakouts, and now after 7 days the skin is 100% clean(the jaw and around nose area). It's effectiveness is very similar to antibiotic. I'm really surprised as I was quite sure that bacteria is behind this.

I'll probably continue taking this for 3-4 weeks before starting SIBO therapy(if at all).

Edited by UnkemptGround
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, UnkemptGround said:

Hello guys,

 

I wanted to update you all with some new info. So, as I wrote before, I'm waiting to receive supplement in order to start SIBO herbal therapy. However, as there was above optimal level of candida found in the tests that I took a couple of weeks ago, I decided to address this first. It's also good to point out that Aloe Vera juice has dramatically reduced my whiteheads, but not eliminated completely.

To make story short, I read in couple of places that undecylenic acid is the most effective way to kill candida internally, so I got some from Thorne. After basically taking it for 2 days(10-Undeceonic Acid, 3 times a day x 250mg), no new breakouts, and now after 7 days the skin is 100% clean(the jaw and around nose area). It's effectiveness is very similar to antibiotic. I'm really surprised as I was quite sure that bacteria is behind this.

I'll probably continue taking this for 3-4 weeks before starting SIBO therapy(if at all).

Awesome results!   Small Intestinal Fungal Overgrowth (SIFO) has the same symptoms as SIBO.  SIFO may occur alone or in combination with SIBO.  SIFO  has the same gut symptoms as SIBO.   If your skin stays clear, you should not need SIBO treatment.   A healthy well balanced diet low in sugar should help keep your gut healthy.  Probiotics from food or supplements can help maintain a healthy gut.     

Less is published on SIFO, so I have not been able to confirm that SIFO causes the same skin issues as SIBO.  Your results indicate that SIFO does cause the same type of skin issues as SIBO.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2021 at 10:07 PM, UnkemptGround said:

Hello guys,

 

I wanted to update you all with some new info. So, as I wrote before, I'm waiting to receive supplement in order to start SIBO herbal therapy. However, as there was above optimal level of candida found in the tests that I took a couple of weeks ago, I decided to address this first. It's also good to point out that Aloe Vera juice has dramatically reduced my whiteheads, but not eliminated completely.

To make story short, I read in couple of places that undecylenic acid is the most effective way to kill candida internally, so I got some from Thorne. After basically taking it for 2 days(10-Undeceonic Acid, 3 times a day x 250mg), no new breakouts, and now after 7 days the skin is 100% clean(the jaw and around nose area). It's effectiveness is very similar to antibiotic. I'm really surprised as I was quite sure that bacteria is behind this.

I'll probably continue taking this for 3-4 weeks before starting SIBO therapy(if at all).

That's great, did this also resolve the gut issues, if any, faced by you? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

Thank you for this topic, it's very helpful.

I think I have the same problem as you and it has been going on for a few years. 

When I was younger I was treated for acne vulgaris with long periods of antibiotics (roaccutane and tetracycline). The scars are gone, but I've been struggling with those little white pimples ever since.

The results obtained by UnkemptGround seem promising, I thank him for doing so much research on this strange skin disease. If undecylenic acid works, the cause of this infection is probably a type of Candida.

I have been on an anti-candida diet (for 10 days) and the results are really encouraging. I hardly have any more pimples and I noticed that my tongue, which was white every morning, no longer is.

Next week I will be getting undecyclenic acid and aloe vera juice, and I will continue this diet. I will post a new message in two weeks. 

(Sorry for my English, I'm French!).

Jean

My skin a month ago

1922980892_Capturedcran2021-10-0920_35_34.png.ab026c23d301e83305a47f6094165137.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2021 at 7:50 PM, underdog said:

That's great, did this also resolve the gut issues, if any, faced by you? 

The only gut issue that I have, and that have never been resolved is a loose stool when eating dairy(like feta cheese) on a keto diet. And that's not like all the time, but from time to time. Basically when I'm eating only fats, if not loose, the stool will always float and never sink, which is the sign of too much fat in the stool, which again is the sign of fat malabsorption.  

 

13 hours ago, JeanAuguste said:

Hello,

Thank you for this topic, it's very helpful.

I think I have the same problem as you and it has been going on for a few years. 

When I was younger I was treated for acne vulgaris with long periods of antibiotics (roaccutane and tetracycline). The scars are gone, but I've been struggling with those little white pimples ever since.

The results obtained by UnkemptGround seem promising, I thank him for doing so much research on this strange skin disease. If undecylenic acid works, the cause of this infection is probably a type of Candida.

I have been on an anti-candida diet (for 10 days) and the results are really encouraging. I hardly have any more pimples and I noticed that my tongue, which was white every morning, no longer is.

Next week I will be getting undecyclenic acid and aloe vera juice, and I will continue this diet. I will post a new message in two weeks. 

(Sorry for my English, I'm French!).

Jean

My skin a month ago

1922980892_Capturedcran2021-10-0920_35_34.png.ab026c23d301e83305a47f6094165137.png

 

 

Let me guys update you, with unfortunately not so good news:

As soon I stopped taking undecylenic acid(I was taking it for 2 weeks), I started having these whiteheads again. It's good that is still like one zit in a week, but it's not gone completely. Also there was a side effect, the skin was much drier while taking undecylenic acid, that is now gone. The oiliness of the forehead was still present, so I wouldn't say that this addressed the root issue.

It's very much possible that we have both fungus and bacteria overgrowth due to lack of beneficial bacteria from antibitoics, and that we need to take care of both. Either way, I have finally received the supplements for the SIBO herbal therapy and officially starting tomorrow, hopefully this is the cure that we're all looking for. 

 

@JeanAugusteCould you let us know, do you have oily forehead/nose area as well or is it normal ?

Edited by UnkemptGround
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys, its been awhile since I've been on this website. It seems BP is becoming less effective for me recently. Despite applying it everyday, I still get a few whiteheads popping up here and there. And the worst part is that I've also been getting whiteheads on my scalp, where it's almost impossible to apply benzoyl peroxide cream with my hair in the way. It's itchy as hell especially on the thin skin near the front.

Sometimes I wonder, why me, why put me through this kind of suffering? At this point, I'm wondering if my mental health issues were caused by this condition, or vice versa. I'm sure a lot of you know by now, that there is a huge connection between the gut, the brain, and skin. Perhaps my depression & anxiety led to gut dysbiosis, which led to this issue? Or perhaps all of my issues began in all three areas, which ended up festering and getting worse altogether? I don't know anymore. I remember lurking on this website 7 years ago, looking for a cure or some form of relief. It took me a few years before I happened to come across this post, where I finally found the BP treatment to work for me. And so I pray it wont take me another few years to find a different one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, StaphAcne said:

Hey guys, its been awhile since I've been on this website. It seems BP is becoming less effective for me recently. Despite applying it everyday, I still get a few whiteheads popping up here and there. And the worst part is that I've also been getting whiteheads on my scalp, where it's almost impossible to apply benzoyl peroxide cream with my hair in the way. It's itchy as hell especially on the thin skin near the front.

Sometimes I wonder, why me, why put me through this kind of suffering? At this point, I'm wondering if my mental health issues were caused by this condition, or vice versa. I'm sure a lot of you know by now, that there is a huge connection between the gut, the brain, and skin. Perhaps my depression & anxiety led to gut dysbiosis, which led to this issue? Or perhaps all of my issues began in all three areas, which ended up festering and getting worse altogether? I don't know anymore. I remember lurking on this website 7 years ago, looking for a cure or some form of relief. It took me a few years before I happened to come across this post, where I finally found the BP treatment to work for me. And so I pray it wont take me another few years to find a different one.


 

Itchy scalp and "scalp acne" and "acne" are a symptom of Rosacea Subtype 2 with pustules and papules.  Rosacea Subtype 2 is frequently misdiagnosed as acne especially for those whose skin is not very red from the rosacea.  This misdiagnosis happened to me for decades.   A 2 week combined drug treatment with generic  Oral Ivermectin + Oral Metronidazole cleared the condition completely.

The  surface damage and skin lesions of Rosacea Subtype 2 are caused by an overpopulation of demodex skin mites.  The mites eat skin oil.  The mites can cause any or all of the following skin and eye issues:  blackheads, whiteheads, folliculitis, pustules, scalp acne, body acne, papules, cysts, styes, red eyes, blepharitis demodex (aka Ocular Rosacea), itchy skin, etc.  Demodex live on a 2-3 week cycle.  When the demodex die "pustules" of dead mites appear.   A few mites are normal, an overpopulation of mites is not normal.   Sometimes doctors mistakenly use drugs like Accutane or birth control pills to reduce the skin's supply of oil which may reduce the demodex population by reducing their food.  But the oil reduction drugs don't kill all of the mites.  The skincondition can rebound later when the mite population recovers.

The overpopulation of demodex happens when the immune system is suppressed. The human immune system is in the gut.    Medical studies have definitely linked Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) and Small Intestinal Fungal Overgrowth (SIFO) to Rosacea Subtype 2 as well as H. Pylori bacteria in the gut to Rosacea Subtype 1.  SIBO and SIFO have the same symptoms and may occur together or separately.   

All 3 gut conditions are highly treatable typically in 1 to 3 weeks.   Medical tests exist for all 3 conditions.   SIBO can be caused by 8 or more different strains of bacteria.  An accurate diagnosis helps to determine the best antibiotic to use to treat SIBO.  The antibiotics used to treat SIBO are not the same antibiotics used to treat surface acne.   SIFO can be caused by several different strains of fungus.  Oral antifungal drugs are available to treat SIFO.

The first medical study paper from the May 2013 International Journal of Infectious Diseases compared using Oral Ivermectin or a 2 drug combination of Oral Ivermectin + Oral Metronidazole to treat patients with confirmed demodex skin mite overpopulation.  This study did not check for SIBO.  The Oral Metronidazole 2 drug group had much better results.  Oral Metronidazole is highly effective against at least 2 of the bacteria known to cause SIBO.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S120197121201315X

The second medical study paper from the May 2013 American Academy of Dermatology treated Rosacea patients with confirmed SIBO. The study did not check for the specific type of bacteria causing each patients SIBO. They only treated with the very expensive antibiotic Rifaximin.  Rifaximin is highly effective against E Coli which can cause SIBO.  Rifaximin is not as effective against some of the other strains of bacteria that can cause SIBO.

https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(12)02330-4/fulltext

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 1:07 PM, UnkemptGround said:

The only gut issue that I have, and that have never been resolved is a loose stool when eating dairy(like feta cheese) on a keto diet. And that's not like all the time, but from time to time. Basically when I'm eating only fats, if not loose, the stool will always float and never sink, which is the sign of too much fat in the stool, which again is the sign of fat malabsorption.  

 

 

Let me guys update you, with unfortunately not so good news:

As soon I stopped taking undecylenic acid(I was taking it for 2 weeks), I started having these whiteheads again. It's good that is still like one zit in a week, but it's not gone completely. Also there was a side effect, the skin was much drier while taking undecylenic acid, that is now gone. The oiliness of the forehead was still present, so I wouldn't say that this addressed the root issue.

It's very much possible that we have both fungus and bacteria overgrowth due to lack of beneficial bacteria from antibitoics, and that we need to take care of both. Either way, I have finally received the supplements for the SIBO herbal therapy and officially starting tomorrow, hopefully this is the cure that we're all looking for. 

 

@JeanAugusteCould you let us know, do you have oily forehead/nose area as well or is it normal ?

You are saying that you only have one zit in the week now. How was your condition before going on undecylenic acid. Bcz if you are now getting only one zit a week and if that improvement is going to sustain then I guess it is a big improvement, this also clearly establishes that this condition stems from gut. And about loose stools well I get them everyday so maybe my condition is worse than yours. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, underdog said:

You are saying that you only have one zit in the week now. How was your condition before going on undecylenic acid. Bcz if you are now getting only one zit a week and if that improvement is going to sustain then I guess it is a big improvement, this also clearly establishes that this condition stems from gut. And about loose stools well I get them everyday so maybe my condition is worse than yours. 

Well I managed to get to one one zit per week after almost 2 months of taking aloe vera juice every day, 20 minutes before meals, so I think its not undecylenic acid. Looks like your digestion issue is much bigger, like a classic SIBO case. 

btwI'm on a third day of SIBO herbal therapy, something is def. happening, I had to run to the bathroom like 3-4 times yesterday lol :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 2:45 PM, UnkemptGround said:

Well I managed to get to one one zit per week after almost 2 months of taking aloe vera juice every day, 20 minutes before meals, so I think its not undecylenic acid. Looks like your digestion issue is much bigger, like a classic SIBO case. 

btwI'm on a third day of SIBO herbal therapy, something is def. happening, I had to run to the bathroom like 3-4 times yesterday lol :D 

Plz keep us updated on this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2021 at 12:03 PM, underdog said:

Plz keep us updated on this. 

Yeah sure. It's only been like 5 days, so I cannot say anything with certainty. However, what surprised me was that I ate yesterday a pie and didn't have acid reflux issues at all. Usually I have that when eating anything made with dough, even had problems like a week ago when I ate the same thing. I was just hungry and didn't even think about the consequences, and this morning realized there were none.

Edited by UnkemptGround
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2021 at 11:58 AM, UnkemptGround said:

Yeah sure. It's only been like 5 days, so I cannot say anything with certainty. However, what surprised me was that I ate yesterday a pie and didn't have acid reflux issues at all. Usually I have that when eating anything made with dough, even had problems like a week ago when I ate the same thing. I was just hungry and didn't even think about the consequences, and this morning realized there were none.

How is your progress mate? 

Edited by underdog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, underdog said:

How is your progress mate? 

Unfortunately very disappointing. So it's been almost a month since I started using the suggested sibo herbal therapy, and aside from better digestion, there's no improvement in other areas, like whiteheads and oily/dry skin.
Actually whiteheads became worse, but I realized that's because I stopped taking aloe vera juice on the day I started those herbal  supplements. To give it benefit of the doubt, I did read on amazon reviews people mentioning very low effect when those are taken on a bad diet(full of refined sugar), and in the second round when they tried with a clean diet it was completely the opposite. I only learned that yesterday unfortunately :) I'm still not giving up, I'll try again in a month or two after I sort out my diet. Also, I did the nasal swab test in the lab a few days ago, hoping they will find staph of other bacteria responsible for whiteheads, as people have reported on this topic a while ago. To mu surprise,  they couldn't find any pathogenic bacteria, so there's that. Any luck on your end ?

 

 

Edited by UnkemptGround
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemon water and sodium butyrate are another option to treat SIBO naturally.  Diets high in fiber and/or prebiotics high in fiber can help boost butyrate production.  Butyrate is a short chain fatty acid produced by the bacteria in the gut.  The benefits of Butyrate are listed in the following article:

https://atlasbiomed.com/blog/9-reasons-why-your-gut-needs-butyrate/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×