Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rocketboysf

White Pus Zits Around Mouth And Chin! - Help! Help!

On 8/6/2020 at 11:19 AM, silverlight22 said:

This is my comment from 2 years ago. This is what cured me. I had it from 2007 to 2018.

Remember. Leave chlorhexidine (hibiclens) in your nose for 5 to 7 minutes. Then flush it out with water. Same with povidone iodine. 

For BP, I started off with benzagel 2.5% only on mouth and problem areas and would leave it on all day (never applied on cheeks as they're really sensitive to BP and can burn). Now I use acne.orgs BP2.5% and moisturize after 10minutes. However, when I first started, I was leaving it on all day as I wanted to cure myself asap and was worried it would come back even after I had healed. It took me 2 years to only leave it on for 10minutes. 

I read through other comments which say simpleskincarescience.com is not useful. To be honest, he has a lot of useful content but his page is aimed towards fungal acne. You can develop fungal acne by overusing benzoyl peroxide and then you'll end up need antifungal stuff to get rid of it. So be careful with BP. Use it all day till the problem is fully gone and then only for 10min and apply moisturizer right after which deactivates it or even just wash it off. 

Also dont forget to check [Removed mention] content on understanding how to apply chlorhexidine into your nose.

What strength does the iodine need to be? Lots if different strengths with coupled ingredients (im in the uk)

And to clarify. You clean your nose with a q tip for 30 seconds then leave it for 5-7 minutes yeah?

On 9/10/2020 at 7:04 AM, Thisisused said:

What strength does the iodine need to be? Lots if different strengths with coupled ingredients (im in the uk)

And to clarify. You clean your nose with a q tip for 30 seconds then leave it for 5-7 minutes yeah?

Well, thats me three days into the so called "cure". Ive been applying the hibiclens morning and evening, including my nose. Ive even showered with it too, covering my whole body. Ive been applying BP too. 

Thus far my folocilitus is this worst its ever been. My face is very aggravated, and i have more pustules now than ever... I'll continue with this rotuine, even though im very doubtful ill be cured. I'll give another update here in a week or so.

On 9/14/2020 at 12:58 PM, Thisisused said:

Well, thats me three days into the so called "cure". Ive been applying the hibiclens morning and evening, including my nose. Ive even showered with it too, covering my whole body. Ive been applying BP too. 

Thus far my folocilitus is this worst its ever been. My face is very aggravated, and i have more pustules now than ever... I'll continue with this rotuine, even though im very doubtful ill be cured. I'll give another update here in a week or so.

Have you been tested for a fungal infection or demodex skin mites?  Folliculitis can be caused by bacteria, fungus or demodex.  The treatment for each cause is completely different.  It is also possible that the anti-bacterial hibclens is making a fungal infection worse.

If your skin condition is cyclical it could be demodex.  Demodex skin mites live and die on a 2-3 week cycle.  With demodex the pustules occur when the mites die.   It is also possible to have demodex with either a bacterial or a fungal infection.  In that case the mites track bacteria and/or fungus around with them when they come out at night to mate.  When they return to the pores or oil glands they track the infecting agent back down in the pores and/or oil glands with them.

The hibclens anti-bacterial cleanser will only help the bacterial form of folliculitis.

If the cause is fungus, you need an anti-fungal treatment.  Topical and oral treatments are available.

If the cause is demodex, you need an anti-parasitic treatment.  The 2 week, cheap generic, Oral Ivermectin + Oral Metronidazole has been shown to be highly effective.  I took this for demodex and it worked after years of misdiagnosis as bacterial acne.  Cost with insurance was just $13.03 - Full cash retail is about $52.   Topical Ivermectin is available in the expensive prescription Soolantra (1%) cream or stronger non-prescription Horse Paste (1.87% ivermectin) available on Amazon for $5 per tube.  Topical treatment is for milder cases and takes about 16 weeks.

Here's the link to the medical study of 120 patients with Demodex Follucularum using the 2 drug combined oral treatment vs. just Oral Ivermectin:

"Evaluation of the efficacy of oral ivermectin in comparison with ivermectin–metronidazole combined therapy in the treatment of ocular and skin lesions of Demodex folliculorum"

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S120197121201315X

14 hours ago, maverickk21 said:

Anyone else found a different approach to this cancer infection?

im really tired of this no dairy low sugar diet

Me too my friend.

My last hope is that all digestion and acne-related issues can be solved with a long water fast. I've been preparing myself for a very long fast(40 days), by having a bunch of smaller ones, like go for 10-14 days without food, which gave my body time to heal and get used to it(Btw those fasts cured my asthma).

In around 10 days I will be hoping on this hopefully last fast that should last 40 days, and if that doesn't fix the issue I'm giving up.

Edited by UnkemptGround
On 8/15/2020 at 8:23 PM, Dsophobe said:

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I came here.

I didn't have the courage to read all the pages that I missed. However, I have an advice for you : a few months ago, I came across an article promoting the La Roche-Posay (a L'Oreal brand) products against eczema. These products are the "Lipikar AP Baume" and the "Syndet AP cleanse gel". And these two products also seem VERY useful against folliculitis !

Why ? Because they contain a bacteria named "Vitreoscilla filiformis" which studies have shown to favorably modifying our skin flora, in particular by reducing the number of Staphilococcus aureus (cause of eczema but also often folliculitis). In a simple way : it normalizes skin microbiota. Indeed, our skin problems come from a modification of our skin flora (it becomes too diverse). Vitreoscilla filiformis thus stimulates the production of good bacteria and also the "expression of antimicrobial peptides in the skin". Furthermore, these products are VERY hydrating.

You can read a study about this innovation here : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5238811/ 

Since I use it, my skin is far far better. Combined with benzoyl peroxide and/or essential oil, you'll have big improvment, believe me. It's a french company so I hope you can find it easely on your country...

That said, I continue to think that our problem come from a deeper probleme : our gut permeability and microflora. In France, we have a doctor named Dr. Donatini who developped a really promising approach. According to him, all our problems are linked to immune problems that find their cause in our intestinal flora. Thats why many of us have intestinal problems (like SIBO or IBS) and skin at the same time (like @Benbenzer said). A naturopath trained by this doctor prescribed me a useful protocol for two months : oregano essential oil pill, lactoferrin, diet without FODMAP etc.

I also continue to believe that Medical Medium is on a good way. Every day I read fabulous stories on instagram about people suffering from acne, eczema and other heavy desorder healed thanks to its protocl (notably celery juice wich helps your stomach by increasing the level of Hydrochloric acid). Also "spiritual" approach can be useful. Our spirit have a huge influence on our body...

Low glycemic diet is also a good way to limit the bumps. Also "lactofferinn" is a usefull supplement according to some studies concerning acne (it limits the amount of sebum on your skin and kills pathogenic bacterias by preventing them from dropping iron). 

Is it Lipikar Baume Ap+ or Ap+M cause I see there are 2 different products

?

Folliculitis can be caused by bacteria, fungus or demodex skin mites.   The focused treatments for each type do not work on the other 2 types.  A specific antibacterial treatment will not work on the fungal form and vice versa.  Neither antibacterial only or antifungal only treatments work on demodex.    What to do if you don't know which type you have?     Take an anti-microbial approach to treatment.  Anti-microbial products can work on all 3 types of folliculitis.   Here are 2 product types that are widely available on Amazon and some stores as well.

Hypochlorous Acid Spray is antimicrobial and 99.9% effective against bacteria, fungus and the juvenile nymph form of Demodex Skin Mites.  Hypochlorous Acid Spray is highly effective in very low concentrations at just 0.01% to 0.02% acid so it is not irritating at all.  Hypochlorous Acid is a substance made by the human body in response to microbes.  So it shouldn't cause allergic reactions.   Tea Tree oil is also antimicrobial. 

A Tea Tree Oil facial cleanser followed by spraying the face with hypochlorous spray at least twice daily could help.

There are a number of good tea tree oil facial cleansers on the market:   Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Original face wash, The Body Shop Tea Tree oil cleanser or foaming face wash, etc.

There are a number of good Hypochlorous Acid Spray products for the face available on Amazon like BRIOTECH Topical Skin Spray (0.02%) at $11.95 for 4 ounces.  Spray on clean face, massage in with clean fingers and let dry.   Use a moisturizer after if you like.

If this stuff has gotten in your hair, a tea tree oil shampoo could help that as well.

Apologies for the disgusting photo but I am suffering with the same problem. Sometimes it's so bad i dont want anyone to see me but the majority of the time, luckily, its not TOO bad. However, there is almost always at least one pustule in the mouth area. The pustules then pop and form a crust. I feel so disgusting and am afraid people will think I'm dirty. My doctor has been useless and even told me they were cold sores!! I do notice it gets worse when I'm stressed or when I eat spicy food do at the moment I'm trying to change my lifestyle to see if it improves. 

47fa6a9d-7ac9-465d-9455-f5bdf502e460.png

On 1/3/2021 at 1:49 AM, SpottyCnt said:

Apologies for the disgusting photo but I am suffering with the same problem. Sometimes it's so bad i dont want anyone to see me but the majority of the time, luckily, its not TOO bad. However, there is almost always at least one pustule in the mouth area. The pustules then pop and form a crust. I feel so disgusting and am afraid people will think I'm dirty. My doctor has been useless and even told me they were cold sores!! I do notice it gets worse when I'm stressed or when I eat spicy food do at the moment I'm trying to change my lifestyle to see if it improves. 

47fa6a9d-7ac9-465d-9455-f5bdf502e460.png

thats weird. i thought it was only the inflamation of the hair follicule

Plz ignore my Grammar 

Hello everyone, 

After completely cleared for 2long year(BP 2.5 % gel base helped me a lot). This zit (shit) reappeared on aug 2020 (same month I lost my job too) this 2year I didn't maintain any kind of diet, I was drink smoke and eat everything (accept chocolate and sweet). Because of job loss I was in lot of stress and anxiety and  this zits on face making things worst. So I decided to see dermatologist and took some antibiotics, as usual I got cleared in 2 days so I decided to stop using antibiotics, after few days without antibiotics zit reappeared in same place(under nose and chin). As I observed whenever I'm in stress I get this zit more and from past 8year this zit appear more in winter season(if anyone feel same plz reply). 

So i decided to stop using antibiotics for good and started  washing my face 4 time a day(plz don't do this it will harm your skin) with Extreme oil removing face wash which made my face really dry and used turmeric on zit(didn't work that well) switched back to diet, controlled my drink habit smoking habit, started jogging, positive thinking, motivated myself. After all this also I was not completely cleared. Someday it's worst and someday it just not that worst. 

One day i had itching between my toe finger so I used this cream called SAIBOL(not antibiotic and can be used for cures,Pimples,Cuts,Itches, Boils,Eczema, Scabies,Tinea cruris) .On that cream label I saw that it can be used for Pimple, so out of no option I put this SAIBOL CREAM ON ZIT(only at night time and in morning I  put BP 2.5% gel base). After USING SAIBOL MY SITUATION GRADUALLY IMPROVED and after 9 DAYS THIS ZITS cleared. 

I don't no should i recommend this cream to you guys or not. I know how it feels to have that zits come out of nowhere even when we done everything right and it still appear on every important day of our life. For now I'm using BP 2.5% in morning( moisturizer after 30 min) and SAIBOL on zits at night, which is WORKING FOR ME for now. 

IMP* 

IF ANYONE IN CHAT KNOW IF THIS @SAIBOL CREAM( Saibol contains zinc oxide, salycylic and boric acid, sulphacetamine sodium and white soft paraffin  )IS HARMFUL PLEASE LET ME KNOW and this SAIBOL CREAM  is only available in INDIA I think. If any one wants this cream means I can HELP YOU OUT GUYS to get this cream. SAIBOL COST only 35rupees in india. 

I'm not PROMOTING his products or anything. I just need to help out someone who is fed up of this zits. If anyone out of India who is willing to try  this SAIBOL  cream I can help you out guys. Below I also attached the link for buying cream. 

https://www.apollopharmacy.in/saibal-15gr.html

AGAIN I'M NOT RECOMMENDING ANYONE TO USE THIS SAIBOL CREAM, ONLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO TRY PLZ TRY. 

images (7).jpeg

Edited by Alladin#[email protected]