Acne.org Community
Sign in to Follow  
rocketboysf

White Pus Zits Around Mouth And Chin! - Help! Help!

@Alladin#$@ Hi, I’m actually taking steps to formulate a brand new product for this condition based on my experience. You can check back to my posts and I have explained what I did to resolve the problem permanently. I’ve been helping friends and people since and having great results, if you are interested PM your email and we can go through a one to one consultation as I’m pretty sure I can sort this problem out for you permanently in a matter of weeks. 

@Alladin#$@  Hi, you are not alone on this. I have been on Dalacin T and fancl powder cleanser as my daily routine. After i used up my Dalacin T, i was using aloe vera to treat my acne pustule with aloe vera as spot treatment. Pustule was under control with around 2-3 per week and will recover in 2-3 days.

After follow this thread and noted how @jcbdigger365 got amazing result, i decided to try azelaic acid and i got Ordinary suspension 10% azelaic acid cream. My face took this negatively and broke out with more than 5 to 10 pustule with new ones on a daily basis. I stopped azelaic acid after 4 days of use. Went to get new bottle of Dalacin T, managed to bring the breakout under control. However pustule still will come but much lesser with use of Dalacin T. Hence i decided to use another potent med mentioned in this thread, benzoyl peroxide. I got benzac 2.5% and current regime is at night dalacin t and morning BP.

Breakout started on 15 sep after use of azelaic acid
Used Dalacin T on 25 sep and bring it under control within 5 days, but still 1 or 2 pustule will come
Started BP on 6 oct and notice lesser pustule.
Will wait for pustule to stop before treating dryness.
Still hope to go back on azelaic acid.

I also had a huge breakout when using azelaic acid (Finacea 15% Gel), unfortunately. Not using it any longer and skin starts to recover.

For the past few weeks I've had amazing results with just a few simple tweaks to my routine, It's almost made my skin 100% (Note: I do continue to use bp at night). I'm hoping some of you guys could try this out to see if it helps you as well. My ultimate goal is to ween off of BP fully.

1.  I eliminated all nuts. I used to eat cashews every day, and I've stopped completed.
  2.  As soon as I wake I drink a glass of room temp. water with a splash of lemon juice and a teaspoon of salt. I use organic lemon concentrate and Himalayan salt.
  3. In my morning shower, after my normal cleaning routine, I do cold immersion for 1-3 minutes (Wim Hof method).
I know these are pretty simple, but It's almost completed eliminated all pustules from appearing. I think I've maybe gotten 1 small pustule in the past 2 weeks.

I'm thinking I have reduce my inflammation enough that it's stopped the folliculitis and follicle inflammation. If you do incorporate this into your daily lifestyle, please post results. BP has helped me immensely and this has only made my skin even better (and it's cheap!).

Regards, Edited by Canucklehead12

@Maicon Seems we are the minority who are reacting against azelaic acid.

Anyone who has a breakout the first time with azelaic acid but succeed with second try onwards?

Nevertheless I’m thankful with bp putting the pustules under control. There are still 1-2 coming but they mostly dry up before developing overly big and ugly. Considering I just started 6 oct. Awaiting better results in days to come.

The cold immersion does seem to help. I have not incorporated the lemon/salt water yet. 

Edited by Thinker5

Hey all. 

Just an update. Since my last post I've tried: 

- a staph decolonization routine (hibiclens, iodine, triple antibiotic ointment followed by BP)
- azelaic acid (no negative impact, I actually quite like the cream (20%) but just didn't help at all).

None of the above showed any noticeable improvement, unfortunately. In fact today it's particularly bad, and my mental health is just as bad as a result. 

Went back to the derm and he persuaded me to try the antibiotics. So I'm now 5 days into a course of lymecycline alongside another topical decolonization period. Twice the standard dose for acne treatment. Not ideal, but I am doing everything possible to maintain a level of gut health (fermented foods, no refined sugars, varied probiotic strains etc). Will wait and see. This will be the first time I've taken antibiotics in a long time (at least 7 years).

I've also taken another nasal swab to see if my nose is still colonized with staph. 

Anyway, considering we're all in the same boat and this platform is a little clunky... I've just decided to create a brand new FB support group for those suffering from chronic folliculitis and related conditions. It'll be a space where can post about and discuss the latest research, treatment options and progress etc. I'm also working on a simple website that collates many of the treatment options into mega-guides... but it's taking some time due to my work schedule. 

Anyway, the FB group is literally brand new (10 minutes old), so if you're interested in joining, let me know and I'll send you the link. It's closed btw, so nobody outside the group would be able to see your posts or what you share there. 

@Canucklehead12 and @Thinker5 great to hear that cold immersion has been helping. This is something I've considered for years but never taken the plunge! Think I'll give it a try over the next few weeks. Will let you know. 

Also, @Canucklehead12 I think I remember you mentioning using Mother Dirt's topical probiotic spray in the past. Are you still using? How did you find it overall? I'm definitely keen to add a topical probiotic at some stage, but options are still pretty limited in the UK atm.   Edited by TaralliMonster

I haven’t been on this post in awhile because my face has cleared up.  I’m using Trader Joe’s tea tree tingle shampoo on my face and hair.  Leaving it on my face for a few minutes and my hair at least five mins.  Showering daily. My face is noticely less oily now. You can buy it on amazon if your not near a Trader Joe.

What’s really helped me is a combo of that and bagbalm. It’s in a green tin at Walmart or amazon.  This stuff heals bedsores even tho it’s meant for cows utters.  I was a nurses aid when I was younger and that’s all we used for people and they didn’t get bed sores.  Anyway, If I get any pustules, I pop them and immediately apply bagbalm. At night I use .05% prescription generic Retin A with a thin layer of bag balm in any dry areas or red bumps. Swipe nostrils with bagbalm if needed.  In the morning I use a thin layer of finacea cream and then using an at home exfoliator that really scrapes and suction’s the dead skin off my face. If I keep it smooth n not dried I can keep my skin clear. I’m also off dairy (mostly) and cut back on sugar.   Dairy is known for inflammation.  Exercise and 8 glasses of water.  Keeping stress down too. It all helps. 

When my face is clear I just use the tea tree tingle shampoo for cleaning and witch haze.  Witch hazel keeps my skin at its natural balance.  Then Retin A no more than twice a week because it’s drying.  I think I was getting them when my skin was too dry.  

I stopped using BP because it was giving me fine lines.  

If it’s a stubborn pustule I spot treat with .05% Retin A cream and bagbalm.  

I exfoliate my face weekly.  Going weekly for microdermabrasion treatments work best and starting there will clear your skin.  But I stopped going because it’s too expensive and just an at home microdermabrasion system.  The kind that scrapes your face and then suctions it like a vacuum.  

I know it seems like a lot but it’s worth it. 

Note that initial use of Retin A and Finacea will most likely make your skin worse at first. Making anything under your skin that is clogged turn into a zit.  If you don’t want that then spot treat and dab Retin A just on the pustule only.  Don’t forget the bagbalm in the same spot.  

20181109_184730.thumb.jpg.143cf73aaf0156c922f2e27d2461a628.jpg20181109_185324.thumb.jpg.4690e90eaf381e12354ab331f5b94ab6.jpg20181109_185548(0).thumb.jpg.bff79a8c1267ed11afacedb0fbc2d83f.jpghi,I think I found the right medicine to help me 99.99%.it works very well for me, I do not know how it will react to others,use this maximum product 2 times per day ..... max,do not give too much around your lips.sorry don't have 2 much time to dispo right now. some photo update

Edited by Marquisjo

my friend from russia has recommended this product, it work for me very well, and i am glad all this shit is over,

2 minutes ago, Marquisjo said:

my friend from russia has recommended this product, it work for me very well, and i am glad all this shit is over,

Edited by Marquisjo

And one more thing   .Guys please be careful using this product, one more time is compatible with my skin, i don't know how results you get, please be careful

@Maicon @Marquisjo

I don't mean to bring your hopes down or anything, but long term use of antibiotics may cause your conditions to worsen if you ever stop using it, or if the bacteria on your face start to build resistance. I myself have used antibiotics for acne, and after I stopped it, this pustule folliculitis (that this thread is about) started to infest on my face. There are numerous others that have had this occur to them. This is most likely due to the dysbiosis caused by the antibiotic, where bad bacteria overwhelms the good. Now, as you have implied, everyone is different, and therefore can experience various results, but from what I have gathered so far, antibiotics is very likely to cause negative effects in the long term.

If you haven't tried benzoyl peroxide or azelaic acid, please do so first before continuing long term use of antibiotics. This is just a recommendation, nothing that I am forcing upon people.

@FungalAcne: I just provided more information for those who can't read cyrillic script...

On 11/4/2018 at 8:21 AM, TaralliMonster said:

Also, @Canucklehead12 I think I remember you mentioning using Mother Dirt's topical probiotic spray in the past. Are you still using? How did you find it overall? I'm definitely keen to add a topical probiotic at some stage, but options are still pretty limited in the UK atm.  

@TaralliMonster Yes I've been using Mother Dirt spray for some time now. I bought two bottles 3-4 months ago and use the spray once every day or two.

I don't think I've really seen much of an improvement from just the spray, but I definitely haven't seen any negatives either. If anything it's helped reduce some of my oiliness and has evened my skin tone a bit. Personally I don't think it's worth the price, but try it yourself to see how your skin likes it.

Probiotics in general are great for our skin. Especially since we're always washing and blasting our good bacteria with facial products.

On 04/11/2018 at 11:21 AM, TaralliMonster said:

Hey all. 

Just an update. Since my last post I've tried: 

- a staph decolonization routine (hibiclens, iodine, triple antibiotic ointment followed by BP)
- azelaic acid (no negative impact, I actually quite like the cream (20%) but just didn't help at all).

None of the above showed any noticeable improvement, unfortunately. In fact today it's particularly bad, and my mental health is just as bad as a result. 

Went back to the derm and he persuaded me to try the antibiotics. So I'm now 5 days into a course of lymecycline alongside another topical decolonization period. Twice the standard dose for acne treatment. Not ideal, but I am doing everything possible to maintain a level of gut health (fermented foods, no refined sugars, varied probiotic strains etc). Will wait and see. This will be the first time I've taken antibiotics in a long time (at least 7 years).

I've also taken another nasal swab to see if my nose is still colonized with staph. 

Anyway, considering we're all in the same boat and this platform is a little clunky... I've just decided to create a brand new FB support group for those suffering from chronic folliculitis and related conditions. It'll be a space where can post about and discuss the latest research, treatment options and progress etc. I'm also working on a simple website that collates many of the treatment options into mega-guides... but it's taking some time due to my work schedule. 

Anyway, the FB group is literally brand new (10 minutes old), so if you're interested in joining, let me know and I'll send you the link. It's closed btw, so nobody outside the group would be able to see your posts or what you share there. 

@Canucklehead12 and @Thinker5 great to hear that cold immersion has been helping. This is something I've considered for years but never taken the plunge! Think I'll give it a try over the next few weeks. Will let you know. 

Also, @Canucklehead12 I think I remember you mentioning using Mother Dirt's topical probiotic spray in the past. Are you still using? How did you find it overall? I'm definitely keen to add a topical probiotic at some stage, but options are still pretty limited in the UK atm.  

@TaralliMonster I am hoping you also applied hibiclens and iodine to your entire face and not just insides of your nostrils?

Anyway, now that you're on antibiotics, if your pustules are truly bacterial related, they'll go away. However, once you stop taking antibiotics, they will come back for sure.

In that case, don't lose hope. Try decolonization again with Hibiclens (apply on face and inside of nostirls). If that doesn't work, try the same with povidone iodine. In both cases, make sure you're using a BP cleanser and a BP lotion everyday.

I know it can have a huge impact on your mental health. In fact, it's been the main reason of my moderate to severe depression for years now. I managed to clear most of it up using the above routine but live in constant fear and anxiety of the follicitis returning back.

At the end of the day, it's a battle which you can't let folliculitis win letting it take control over your life. Keep fighting it and I can promise you that you'll come across your cure/treatment soon enough. 

@Canucklehead12 thanks man - I'll definitely add the MoD to my list of things to try. As I'm still on an antimicrobial topical routine right now, I'll hold off on starting right away. But it's definitely worth a shot. For the first time in years I've stopped applying a topical acne treatment (BP, a retinoid, Azelaic acid etc) to one half of my face. The pustules haven't changed so far, and neither has the general quality of my skin. 

@silverlight22 thank you - your words are appreciated bro. Yes, I've been applying Hibiclens to my entire face, and still am. In fact, I'm applying it to my entire body 1x per day (leaving on for 2-5 mins before rinsing). I'm also using an antiseptic wash (Dermol 500) 1x day, and have just finished a 10-day nasal decolonization routine with Bactroban ointment. I've also been applying some hibiclens to the nostrils as mentioned. I'm applying BP lotion to one side of my face, too.

All this was suggested by the Derm, to go alongside the oral lymecycline. My skin is not at it's worst, but it's definitely not resolved the pustules and it's now been over 2 weeks. From most accounts I've read, many people tend to see a much quicker resolution of pustules, so this is disheartening. Just trying to wait it out another 2 weeks and see what the situation is then. 

I also got a swab result back today that shows my nose is now free of Staph - not sure how to take this news considering the swab was taken 2+ weeks ago and the pustules have not really changed since. 

Staph still seems the most likely cause of these issues, but I was expecting the antibiotics to have helped more, even only as a temporary measure. 

Last thing, how can I edit my signature so I can include my routine? 
  Edited by TaralliMonster

@TaralliMonster That's a little strange that you continue to see pustules without staph presence and even after using so many anti bacterials including antibiotics. In my case the pustules would clear up in 3 days of antibiotic use.

There is a possibility that your pustules maybe fungal related and not bacterial and hence you arent seeing any results.

Try using an antifungal ointment for a few days to see if that helps or an anti dandruff shampoo like head and shoulders or selsen blue.

@silverlight22 yeah I found it strange too. :/

The trouble is that I'm already using ketoconazole and climbazole - two effective ingredients for fungal folliculitis and dermatitis. Right now I'm not applying these to my whole face (just to my seb derm areas - nose and between eyebrows) but I have done so previously, as well as avoiding anything that can help malassezia proliferate... but no joy. 

I think I'll give it another week perhaps and then get in contact with the derm. He never gave a timescale for improvement but it seems almost everybody seems to have rapid clearing initially, as you experienced. 

@silverlight22 I eat fairly strict paleo - no dairy, gluten, added sugar etc. I've experimented with a few different dietary approaches over the years, nothing seems to make much difference but I'm maintaining paleo just in case and for general health. It's a nightmare! Will keep you updated if anything progresses. 

i've been juicing 1 whole celery for almost 3 weeks now and am practically clear. i was 100% clear 3 days ago but decided to do a little eating experiment. ive been eating burgers and fries. chocolate. chips. pizzas.drinking heaps of coffee for 3 days. only 2 eruptions on the face which are tiny, and can feel a couple on the back of my neck but thats it. before i would be breaking out with these pustules all over my face within hours of eating this shit. even when eating clean i would wake up to 5 to 10 pustuls on the face and a few on my scalp/hairline. every.damn.day. it took about a week to see a difference. after the 1st week i got better rapidly.

sry for the tmi but i think this is relevant. the first few days of drinking the celery what happened to me was back to back diarrhea not stop. i kept drinking and eventually the diarrhea stopped. it must be drank on an empty stomach ie the morning before anythign else including water for maximum effect. after drinking you can have something half hour later.

i found this by typing the acne hashtag on instagram scrolling through a bunch of trash then saw this post on celery juice for not just acne but all skin condiitions. in the past i tried all sorts of fruit/veg juice combinations you can imagine but not this and i had nothing to lose so i gave it a go. celery is not actually a vegetable but a herb fyi.

i try to upload photos but fkn computer wont show the photoes from my iphone. i will keep up you updated. im going back to my clean diet and should be 100% clear within 2-3 days :D its surreal

also regarding BP i had to stop bc the side effects on my eyes were not going away (redness/swelling). the creases i developed under my eyes after leaving bp on overnight still have not gone away after months.

Call the dermatologist and express your concerns/questions. It can be difficult to know the best approach when dealing with this crap. The attempt is to level the playing field or reestablish some sense of balance without over doing it, IMO. Have you used the antibiotic that you are taking before? I have heard that some antibiotics can take time to work depending upon their mode of action and/or the type/degree of infection being treated, though I have not researched this line of reasoning myself. 

And stay strong. Stress gives this crap an advantage. 

Edited by Thinker5

I am still dealing with the psychological effects of this condition but am working towards becoming the person I was before this happened to me. I refuse to live in fear and the stress that ensues in doing so. 

Edited by Thinker5

I no longer use BP daily, only when necessary. My skin is not perfect but is in no way horrible. I am aware that withdrawing from preventive maintenace may backfire, but it is a gamble I am willing to take to assess the overall health of my skin in the absence of sustained product influence. 

Edited by Thinker5