Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jinjjang

Going to Derm this week....

Hi,

I know there are a lot of posts in this forum about Accutane. But I wanted to make a separate post since everyone's skin is different.

I'm going to my brother's derm somewhere around this week and possibly ask for Accutane.

I'm basically clear with some scars but I have been having problems with oil and small whiteheads lately.

For the oil part----> I’ve been very oily for the past years. It has been so bad that I have to wash my face at least 4 times a day. I'm not severely oily just oilier than normal. If I don't wash my face 3-4 times a day I would must likely get numerous amounts of whiteheads forming.

As for my whiteheads------> I have really MILD acne. Some days I would be clear with no whiteheads or active acne. But just lately I've been getting these REALLY tiny bumps of face. It's hard to get rid of them and I usually scratch them off. I haven't gotten a major breakout in months due to new treatment. But my new treatment hasn't been able to get rid of these tiny bumps. I had a cyst growing my nose DUE TO OIL GRR....and the treatment hasn't helped so I had to squeeze it out and thus red marks or shallow scars. But I really do have mild acne and it's not noticeable at all. But if the bumps are not treated it will most likely turn into a cyst because I produce soo much oil.

My friend recommended me to take Accutane with a 10mg dosage. She's in the same situation as I am. Oily and tiny small bumps.....really mild acne. She takes Accutane 10mg and she told me that it really helped her to keep her clear. So I was wondering if that the 10mg dosage would be recommended for my situation. I'm not worried about the side effects because I'm a strong person and dry lips and such is not going to bother me at all. Plus, my friend also said she hasn't had any side effects that would bother her.

Thanks for taking your time to read my post and please wish me luck. This is what I need because I had a tough time last year with my acne....and right now I'm still filling in the damages that was done to me emotionally but slowly my confidence is returning back.

~JiN