Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jill004

My first TCA Spot Treatment pix

Wow, you did quite a few of them compared to my 5. Stick with it! Even if it takes 6 treatments or more, I think you will get a lot of improvement. Thanks a million for sharing the pics with everyone. Search helper:

TCA Cross pics are in this thread. smile.gif

Guest Tracy

Thanks for sharing those pics!! What type of ointment are you putting on the TCA's skin? Also, what did you use to apply the TCA with? Good luck to you!! Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing those pics!!  What type of ointment are you putting on the TCA's skin?  Also, what did you use to apply the TCA with?  Good luck to you!!  Keep us posted.

thanks for posting ur scar pictures. This is exactly what i needed to see. Did you just do the cross today and you did it urself?

Keep the pictures coming.... I'm slowly working up the nerve to do Cross.

Thank you soooo much for sharing your photos with us. Keep us updated and I hope the TCA cross gives you the results you were looking for.

I have 5 ice picks scars that I would love to TCA cross but I am too chicken.

Thanks so much for sharing those, Jill. I think your type of scars will be helped a lot by CROSS. And 50% is definitely much safer than 100%, in my opinion, because until you get the hang of it, 100% can be risky.

You may want to look into a spray called Amino-Plex (if you haven't heard of it already by reading this board), and if you're on the fence about purchasing it, I can say that it healed up my post-CROSS scabs and red marks so fast. It was really amazing. I'm normally a slow healer, and I'm so glad I bought that stuff. I think I healed 10x as fast as I would have by using it several times a day. I will still continue using it as the CROSS spots continue to heal (did it about 2 weeks ago), but I never would have thought those big old scabs would be gone by now and well on their way to filling in and healing up. Another good product is Spenco's 2nd Skin Quick Heal. You can use that after the scabs form, whereas Neosporin after the scabs appear might inhibit collagen formation. The Amino Plex and 2nd Skin will heal and promote collagen formation and keep the area from drying out too much.

I wish you the best of luck. Thanks again for sharing those pics, and please keep us updated!!

~Kat

Jill,

Hey neighbor. I think it is great that you are documenting your progress w/ pics. Helped me immensely. I have heard from quite a few people who said that cross made their scars shallower but seemingly wider. When I saw your pictures it sort of clicked as to why that happens sometimes.

I think that if you press the toothpick too firmly or twist it, you get the acid on the borders more than the center and hence the bullseye effect. Now this is just my theory and your crossed areas may fill in beautifully but my crossed areas just frosted at the center(very sharp toothpick, skin pulled taut, press toothpick lightly). Something to try if the results are less than expected. Keep us posted and feel free to PM any time.

Susan

PS~Ditto on the amino-plex.

There's a couple places I found on the web that sell it, but actually, I'm pretty sure the manufacturer didn't discontinue it. Bio2 Cosmeceuticals still makes Amino-Plex, but I think they may be restrictive with who they allow to distribute it. It's backordered or unavailable at many of the online retailers that used to offer it. I think you can order it directly from their website, actually. They have an order form all set up, but the Amino-Plex is $65.00 for 1 oz. It's slightly cheaper on this site. A search on Google might turn up some more places for you as well.

I wonder, if all else fails, if you might be able to get a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to order it for you. This stuff is really great and I'd be pissed if the little people (us) couldn't get our hands on it. It's healed me up like magic.

~Kat

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Thanks so much for sharing those, Jill.  I think your type of scars will be helped a lot by CROSS.  And 50% is definitely much safer than 100%, in my opinion, because until you get the hang of it, 100% can be risky. 

You may want to look into a spray called Amino-Plex (if you haven't heard of it already by reading this board), and if you're on the fence about purchasing it, I can say that it healed up my post-CROSS scabs and red marks so fast. It was really amazing. I'm normally a slow healer, and I'm so glad I bought that stuff. I think I healed 10x as fast as I would have by using it several times a day. I will still continue using it as the CROSS spots continue to heal (did it about 2 weeks ago), but I never would have thought those big old scabs would be gone by now and well on their way to filling in and healing up. Another good product is Spenco's 2nd Skin Quick Heal. You can use that after the scabs form, whereas Neosporin after the scabs appear might inhibit collagen formation. The Amino Plex and 2nd Skin will heal and promote collagen formation and keep the area from drying out too much.

I wish you the best of luck. Thanks again for sharing those pics, and please keep us updated!!

~Kat

Jill: I hear you on finances. I'm a crazy ass, so I just buy now, and pay later, but I understand your situation. If you're a good healer and have something to help with regenerating the areas, I'm sure you'll be fine. If I could whip up Amino-Plex in my basement and sell it for $5, I would. smile.gif

Obi: I think Aquaphor is okay as far as collagen goes. Its ingredients seem to be mostly for moisturizing the area and keeping it from drying out. But Neosporin's healing action & anti-bacterial ingredients inhibit collagen formation so that a cut or scrape doesn't end up a raised scar, so it wouldn't be good for healing post-CROSS areas that you want to raise up as they heal. Aquaphor doesn't have the type of ingredients Neosporin does, so I think it's fine. If anyone else knows anything to the contrary, though, I'd be curious to hear.

Once again, Jill, good luck! You did an 18% peel all over, too? Hard core!! Kick those scars in the @ss, girl!

~Kat

Thanks for the pics. Will you be posting Week 1, Week 2 etc. pics as well? Also I can't tell but do you have active acne right now in addition to the scarring?

Be sure to pop at least 1000 mg of Vitamin C daily for the next couple months. It will likely help with collagen formation.

Best wishes ...

Hi Jill and other fellow crossers. I want to remind you guys to make sure you don't put anything on TCA Cross spots after they scab. Here is a section of the TCA Cross study that explains why.

Don't listen to the product prostitutes. wink.gif

After CROSS, an ointmentbased

antibiotic instead of an occlusive dressing was applied

for moisturizing effect, but this application was discontinued

after crust formation in order to avoid the risk of detaching

the crust. Oral prophylaxis consisting of antibiotics and antiviral

medications were not needed after CROSS. One to 2

weeks after CROSS, a moisturizer sunscreen cream consisting

of 0.05% tretinoin, 5% hydroquinone, and a hydrobase was

used in some patients for a minimum of 4 weeks. The application

of makeup was allowed after CROSS. CROSS was repeatedly

performed every 1–3 months to allow dermal thickening

and collagen production.

thanks for posting all these pics ... keep it up - I might try this TCA stuff but first I want to see what Dr. Y has to say ... this guy must get hella business from ppl on this board!

Jill004 May I ask what kind of camera you used? It really shows the condition of your skin very well for documentation purposes. I would like to chronical my sons treatments from beginning to end as well. It is just that your camera or your proficiency with it have resulted in some of the best pics I have seen on this board. Thanks, Linny

hi jill i hope u get best results from tca cross ...

i just want u to advise u ... i ve read this from a korean scar forum ... that people who performed cross .. were saying , its better for the scar to heal if u dont take shower so regulary after having this procedure , also wash u r face only once a day ...

so that scab can stay for longer ...

coz if it gets wet it might fell off easily ...

aw just my 2cent ...

all the best ... eusa_angel.gif

There's a couple places I found on the web that sell it, but actually, I'm pretty sure the manufacturer didn't discontinue it. Bio2 Cosmeceuticals still makes Amino-Plex, but I think they may be restrictive with who they allow to distribute it. It's backordered or unavailable at many of the online retailers that used to offer it. I think you can order it directly from their website, actually.  They have an order form all set up, but the Amino-Plex is $65.00 for 1 oz. It's slightly cheaper on this site. A search on Google might turn up some more places for you as well.

I wonder, if all else fails, if you might be able to get a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to order it for you. This stuff is really great and I'd be pissed if the little people (us) couldn't get our hands on it. It's healed me up like magic.

~Kat

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Good luck Jill with your progress. I'll be doing similar thing later on also with my 25% again. Also you can ask for Tamara's help with the pictures, as the best way to be consistent in taking them so you can track your specific scars improvment better.

eusa_clap.gif <--- for your bravery in posting the photos.