Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emu

hormonal acne

so i've read on this forum that often hormonal acne turns up on the jawline.

what i'm wondering is:

a. how do we know this?

b. why does this happen?

c. lately ALL of my acne is on my cheeks only. is this caused by something specific that i can change? diet, etc?

so i've read on this forum that often hormonal acne turns up on the jawline.

what i'm wondering is:

a.  how do we know this? 

b.  why does this happen?

c.  lately ALL of my acne is on my cheeks only.  is this caused by something specific that i can change?  diet, etc?

Most acne is "hormonal". For some reason though people like to link it to their menstrual cycles as they KNOW this is a time when their hormones fluctuate. Regardless, unless it is due to some sort of bacterial, allergy or intolerance that would cause inflammation only, all other types of acne would be considered hormonal as androgens (male steriod hormone) is what initiaties the process. Oh and just because it's "hormonal" that doesn't mean it has nothing to do with your diet (in case you were wondering). ;-)

I read someplace that hormonal acne is mainly on the cheeks and thats where i get just about ALL of mine. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Oh well.

As a matter of fact, i do breakout a week before or the same week as my cycle. But it goes away quickly (this time it did and they were small pimples).

I break out horribly from hormones..but I also break out from food, and ESPECIALLY stress. My guess is that all these things tie in with the hormone problem that is causing acne in the first place.