Notifications
Clear all

Going To Doctor, Need Advice.

MemberMember
(@krazyhp)

Posted : 02/11/2015 8:49 pm

I have had acne for a decade now and have tried multiple things. I have managed to get rid of inflammed acne but I have this different type of acne now as shown in the picture.

I currently use sulfer soap twice a day, retinol night cream (started using 2 weeks ago), and salaycilic acid 2% in the day with sun screen. This helps keep my skin calm but it still looks bumpy and out of texture.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has medication recommendations, the specific type of skin problem I have, and what route I should take (Homeopathic or pharmacy).

post-402770-0-29795500-1423705583.jpg

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 02/12/2015 12:06 am

The same thing you are explaining here, tell the dermatologist, in case you decide to see one, that will really help ,so he/she can pick the best plan for you.

And about what way to go,homeopathic, or prescription, it all depends on how comfortable you feel using one or the other.

With any treatment you decide to go for,you will start to see improvement by the 2or 3 month , and mostly results by the 4, considering that you are able to stick to the instructions,dermatologist usually don't give a lot of information, so just Google as much as possible.

Take care.

MemberMember
(@veronikavanquish)

Posted : 02/12/2015 1:48 am

That looks like the rough ,bumpy and VERY STUBBORN acne(?) that I have now too. Not sure if it's just because my pores are all clogged and I've just tried too many different products that now they don't know how to clear themselves or what. I live in small town where there is only one dermatologist so I'm on the 1yr+ waiting list so please share what your dermatologist recommends for your condition, best of luck.

I've been trying to calm this specific condition down for over a year now and out of the MANY things that I've tried the only thing that has helped is to not touch my face, and just recently (to my surprise) the LUSH self perserving 'Love Lettuce' face mask has helped soothe the bumpiness and moisturize at the same time (something I haven't really been able to do-moisturize well, because everything seems to clog my pores even worse)