Notifications
Clear all

Acne Friendly Foundations?

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 02/11/2015 2:51 am

So currently I use Australis oil free pressed powder- I'm not sure if it's making my clogged pores and problematic chin acne worse but it's the only powder I've found that is reasonably priced, matches my skin tone and actually looks decent on my skin. But I was wondering, what are some acne friendly, reasonably priced liquid foundations for combination acne prone skin? I've been on Epiduo for six weeks, which has turned my normally oily complexion to combination skin, what with the dry patches and all. I'm super scared to try a foundation, I never really wear it, but on certain occasions I use it. Most recently I used designer brand oil free foundation but it just felt sticky and shiny. Matte foundations seem to exacerbate my dry patches. Any suggestions would be super helpful! Preferably foundations I can buy locally (I'm from Australia). Sorry for the long post!

P.s if anyone has used australis oil free pressed powder, does it or has it affected your skin?

:) 🙂 :)

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 02/12/2015 12:14 pm

Hi,

I have not actually tried that but what I've been doing lately is an ingredient analysis on everything I put on or use on my face. That powder seems to have a good amount of acne causing stuff in it: http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_94a1176829.html

I was using L'oreal true match and Revlon colorstay before I looked them up on cosdna and saw that they aren't so great either. So far after looking up tons of them, Maybelline superstay foundation seems ok so I might try that.

SamB liked
MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 02/13/2015 2:50 am

Hi,

I have not actually tried that but what I've been doing lately is an ingredient analysis on everything I put on or use on my face. That powder seems to have a good amount of acne causing stuff in it: http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_94a1176829.html

I was using L'oreal true match and Revlon colorstay before I looked them up on cosdna and saw that they aren't so great either. So far after looking up tons of them, Maybelline superstay foundation seems ok so I might try that.

Oh wow I've never heard of that site, that's a really good idea thanks for looking it up! Oh yeah I think my sister uses that foundation, maybe I'll do the same :) hmm maybe I should take a break from the powder..

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/13/2015 4:38 pm

i like dermablend it wont break you out and the coverage is fantastic.

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 02/13/2015 8:11 pm

i like dermablend it wont break you out and the coverage is fantastic.

Oh cool I'll look that up thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/14/2015 1:19 pm

The only one I can really use is Meow Cosmetics Purrfect Puss. It's a mineral makeup.

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 02/15/2015 2:35 am

The only one I can really use is Meow Cosmetics Purrfect Puss. It's a mineral makeup.

Yeah I've heard good things about mineral makeup, is it a lot more light weight on your skin? I just need a foundation for special occasions where heavier coverage is needed :)

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 02/15/2015 1:07 pm

I've been using Dermablend for years and its never caused me any break outs and I agree that the coverage is awesome!!!! I definitely love this foundation out of any others that I've tried and I've tried many :)

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 02/15/2015 3:35 pm

I've been using Dermablend for years and its never caused me any break outs and I agree that the coverage is awesome!!!! I definitely love this foundation out of any others that I've tried and I've tried many :)

Yep I was searching it up the other day, it has some good feedback so I think it's definitely worth a try!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/16/2015 1:16 pm

Yeah I've heard good things about mineral makeup, is it a lot more light weight on your skin? I just need a foundation for special occasions where heavier coverage is needed

It is lightweight, but they also have a heavier coverage foundation. In my opinion, heavier usually means more of a chance of breakouts.

MemberMember
(@ginamariea73)

Posted : 02/16/2015 9:24 pm

Meow mineral makeup is fantastic also I've been using covergirl aquasmooth makeup in the blue compact for years and it's oil free and has never caused me to break out, it's fairly cheap In the u.s. I've gotten it for as low as 7.99 it's a cream to powder foundation, good luck.

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 02/18/2015 3:25 am

Yeah I've heard good things about mineral makeup, is it a lot more light weight on your skin? I just need a foundation for special occasions where heavier coverage is needed smile.png

It is lightweight, but they also have a heavier coverage foundation. In my opinion, heavier usually means more of a chance of breakouts.

Oh okay, I'll check it out, yeah I've heard that :/

Meow mineral makeup is fantastic also I've been using covergirl aquasmooth makeup in the blue compact for years and it's oil free and has never caused me to break out, it's fairly cheap In the u.s. I've gotten it for as low as 7.99 it's a cream to powder foundation, good luck.

Oh is it non-comedogenic? I'll look it up anyway, thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@ella88)

Posted : 04/21/2015 9:19 pm

I have oily skin and I buy my foundation from BH Cosmetics is an online site there are awesome and I've never had any irritation on my skin from their products I have used in Mac in the past and broke out so if you're looking for a good foundation that won't break you out I would go to BH Cosmetics., they have liquid foundation mineral foundation and pressed powder and they're always having a good sale and the shipping is in three days if you can't find your color go to youtube and watch a bunch of girls so you what they brought and you'll be able to find your color that way if not the foundations in the powders are so cheap that you can just buy 2 and you can't go wrong hope i helped

MemberMember
(@angela-walker)

Posted : 05/07/2015 1:36 am

The only mineral makeup my daughters and I use now is Everyday Minerals and the products we use have about four ingredients total. No breakouts or clogged pores for any of us.

They have several types which have different coverages. My oldest performs in plays and uses the one with heavier coverage while on stage. She has used it in some photo sessions for my friend who is a photographer and she looks amazing in the photos. For daily use we use one of the lighter coverage products.

This line isn't drying or like a typical powder. It is still in what looks like a powder form, but it has a creamier texture and is unlike any other line I have used besides one no longer available.