Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guy17

my skin is terrible

I've been overweight for basically my whole life (17yrs). But recently I've lost a lot of weight, about 60 pounds in 60 days (I've had a lot of doctor checkups and I'm more healthy than I ever was, so please don't say thats not healthy wink.gif ) and I'm still lookin to lose about 40 more pounds. And I mention this because it seems as though my face is stretched, its seem like this before I've started losing the weight. Everytime I would shower I would wash my face with Dove Moisterising Soap and my face would come out somewhat peeling, it's more so like dandruff but on the face instead of the scalp, and my face would seem stretched, old, and dry. I found this very strange, because I'm a 17yo with acne and I have very oily skin throughout the day, so I imagine this 'dandruff' of my face wouldn't be of dryness, after all I'm using a moisterising soap (and I have tried different soaps). And anytime I would touch something with my face, like my fingers or a sweater or pillow, it would peel off again, even though my skin is oily at the same time. And once it would peel off, I notice my icepick scars are alot more noticable

Currently, I have a substancial amount of acne on my face, I have a lot of black/whiteheads on my face, and a lot of icepick scars, and some boxcar.

I plan on approaching my doctor with the TCA CROSS treatment, but first I would like to have my white and blackheads, and most of my acne removed. And find out whats wrong with my stretched skin

To me it seems as though my icepick scars, and/or stretched skin are involved with this peeling I have on my face.

So I ask, what could I do for my white/blackheads, and most importantly this strange peeling I have on my face.

Thanks for reading all of this eusa_angel.gif

The "stretching" you described is pretty normal. I get it too. If it bothers you, switch to a more moisturtizing soap. You should try a soapless cleanser(one without sodium lauryl sulfate) as soap can be drying. Dove says it's moisturizing, but it is soap, so it isn't really.

You definately need to get rid of your acne before you treat your scars.

The other sections of this board are really helpful for that.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Congratulations on your weight loss. smile.gif

It definitely sounds like dry skin, but the way you described it as "dandruff" makes it sound like it could be seborrea dermatitis. I'd definitely get a diagnosis on it from a Dermatologist before any actual self treatments.

I would suggest that you resolve the acne before treating any icepick/boxcar scarring. Unfortunately a lot of scar treatments can make acne worsen. There are lots of treatments out there, but seeing a Dermatologist about it if it's moderate is definitely a good idea before more scarring occurs. In the meantime, you might consider taking a look at The Regimen and see if that might be a good approach until you can see a Derm.

hey nv wash ur face with dove soaps. soaps are nv meant for washing faces cos they will overdry ur face which will signal ur brain to produce more oil on ur face.

I've been overweight for basically my whole life (17yrs).  But recently I've lost a lot of weight, about 60 pounds in 60 days (I've had a lot of doctor checkups and I'm more healthy than I ever was, so please don't say thats not healthy  wink.gif ) and I'm still lookin to lose about 40 more pounds.  And I mention this because it seems as though my face is stretched, its seem like this before I've started losing the weight.  Everytime I would shower I would wash my face with Dove Moisterising Soap and my face would come out somewhat peeling, it's more so like dandruff but on the face instead of the scalp, and my face would seem stretched, old, and dry.  I found this very strange, because I'm a 17yo with acne and I have very oily skin throughout the day, so I imagine this 'dandruff' of my face wouldn't be of dryness, after all I'm using a moisterising soap (and I have tried different soaps).  And anytime I would touch something with my face, like my fingers or a sweater or pillow, it would peel off again, even though my skin is oily at the same time.  And once it would peel off, I notice my icepick scars are alot more noticable

Currently, I have a substancial amount of acne on my face, I have a lot of black/whiteheads on my face, and a lot of icepick scars, and some boxcar.

I plan on approaching my doctor with the TCA CROSS treatment, but first I would like to have my white and blackheads, and most of my acne removed.  And find out whats wrong with my stretched skin

To me it seems as though my icepick scars, and/or stretched skin are involved with this peeling I have on my face.

So I ask, what could I do for my white/blackheads, and most importantly this strange peeling I have on my face.

Thanks for reading all of this  eusa_angel.gif

looks like u have sensitive skin. once u feel a product is not working, promptly stop using it. i wd suggest u to try a cleanser made for sensitive skin. im afraid u'll have to use the trial-error method to find out what works for u, though. also, pls dont put off ur visit to the dermatologist. its never to early to treat acne. Good luck!

It does sound like dermatitis.

20% salicylic acid has resolved all my acne problems, but I'm not sure if you could handle it. Maybe you could handle 5%, but I recommend that you see a Derm first.

My mother gave me Dove soap when I was a teenager. It gave me terrible acne. I use Ivory soap now and my skin looks great.