Notifications
Clear all

Picked At Cystic Pimple, Left Bubble Bump

MemberMember
(@breakouttttt)

Posted : 02/09/2015 10:12 pm

I had 2 pimples forming next to each other that I believe were cystic. This was 29 days ago. They eventually formed into one big painful one and I thought I saw a head so I tried to squeeze it but only a tiny bit a pus came out and a bunch of white liquid. I knew I fucked up so I put some SA on it.

I also put neosporin on it for a few nights. After around a week the scab came off and there was reddish elastic skin that I thought would eventually heal so I didnt think anything of it.

I wait another week and I see barely any improvement. I tried putting some BP spot treatment on it thinking maybe there was still an infection but still no help.

It's day 29 and I don't see any sign of the swelling going down and the redness has only gone down like 5% I would say. I did some researching and now I'm afraid it's a keloid scar.....

Posting this picture to see if I need to go to derm cause it's a scar(which will be difficult cause I'm at uni), or it's just still healing.

post-450362-0-48985800-1423537954.png

MemberMember
(@breakouttttt)

Posted : 02/12/2015 7:42 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@krissypants30)

Posted : 02/12/2015 8:38 pm

So is it still inflammed? Like is there a lump underneath the skin still? If not I would wait for the infection to come down a little- you probably irritated it. But if there is still a cyst under there then I would get a cortisone shot if it bugs you.

MemberMember
(@breakouttttt)

Posted : 02/13/2015 12:41 pm

So is it still inflammed? Like is there a lump underneath the skin still? If not I would wait for the infection to come down a little- you probably irritated it. But if there is still a cyst under there then I would get a cortisone shot if it bugs you.

It's still red and raised, but no actual lump, and it's been like this for around a month

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/13/2015 1:36 pm

if i get bumps like that i like to use 1% hydro cortisone cream. i get it from my local drugstore and use it for no longer than week. at least for me it makes it flatten pretty quick. you can call and ask your derm too they might have something that works better.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 02/17/2015 10:01 am

Is it getting bigger? If it isn't it might be a hypertophic scar, as a keloid would continue to grow. I have one (hypertrophic) on my leg that has been there for years. I assualted it with acids and it is flat now but still red. Yours doesn't look as bad as mine though. A scar remodels for a year after it forms, so yours might go away on its own. I have also had bump like "scars" like that go away. Had one on my back more recently that is almost gone after a few months. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@breakouttttt)

Posted : 02/18/2015 6:26 pm

Is it getting bigger? If it isn't it might be a hypertophic scar, as a keloid would continue to grow. I have one (hypertrophic) on my leg that has been there for years. I assualted it with acids and it is flat now but still red. Yours doesn't look as bad as mine though. A scar remodels for a year after it forms, so yours might go away on its own. I have also had bump like "scars" like that go away. Had one on my back more recently that is almost gone after a few months. Good luck!

Definitely not getting bigger so it might be that.

thanks

MemberMember
(@user673706)

Posted : 08/10/2018 8:09 am

Hi, I know the post is old but I really need help :( did you ever get rid of this scar or is it still bumpy and red? I had the exact same pimples on the side of my nose, later they formed one big pimple with A LOT of pus. I managed to pop it with a needle and the pus came out but I thought there was still some pus (I really regret it) so I squeezed so hard that blood and fluid came out. It formed a bump like yours that is red and does not hurt. It has been 2 months but the bump and its redness is still there with no improvement. Any help ?? :™( 
thanks.