Notifications
Clear all

My Time Getting Off Acnefree Regimen-Some Advice Please

MemberMember
(@cob2048)

Posted : 02/09/2015 12:06 am

Hi,

I've been using the 3 step Acnefree Regimen for over ten years. I only use it in the morning. I'm sure my skin had built up a tolerance over the years because it still didn't work perfectly. I still got pimples, sometimes a new little whitehead a day. I asked myself what's the point of going through the time consuming 3 step regimen every morning if it doesn't even work the way I want it to. I've changed my diet and shampoo, I'm so conscious of anything dairy now. So recently I decided to start using the Panoxyl 10 percent BP wash in replace of the cleasner that comes with the Acnefree 3 step kit. And then still use the toner and lotion that come with the kit.

It's seemed to have been working better overall.....BUT...I still get breakouts. Again I ask myself, what's the point?

SO, starting three weeks ago, I decided to stop everything but the 10 percent panoxyl cleasner on the areas next to my sideburns. A week went by, areas were fine. Then, I decided to try my neck. Been fine overall. And then the temple regions...under my forehead...had a little breakout recently on one side but it's under control now. So, for two weeks these areas overall have been fine with just the use of the panoxyl 10 percent cleasner...no toner...no lotion. No redness...just normal.

NEXT...eight days ago...I figured I'd attempt my forehead. It's the area I've had a lot of trouble with...nothing seemed to work. So, now it's been almost nine days since I've used the Acnefree toner and lotion on it. The first few days were fine, then I had a few pimples pop up...nothing that I hadn't had before even when using the toner and lotion.

But two days ago, I noticed that it became a little redder than it usually is in certain parts...felt like sunburn a bit..and I am having a few more pop up...nothing huge...just little...but there is redness and some little bumps in some areas near my scalp which are causing me a little bit of worry. Should I continue to wait it out? Just using the cleanser? Is this just what happens when getting off chemicals used on your face for that long? I mean...I'm still using the strong cleanser...and by adding a toner and lotion to that, I was adding more...so why now, without them, is it more red?

I figure after eight days it should start getting better right?

Please..any advice...

I want to just cave in and apply the toner/lotion again on my forehead...but I've gone eight days already...I really don't want to go back....

Those other areas I've stopped seem fine....and they've been off the two steps longer. My forehead is the only thing that's causing a bit of a worry... please...any bit of advice or reassurance...PLEASE...

MemberMember
(@cob2048)

Posted : 02/09/2015 8:59 am

and I'm going to try just using the 2.5 BP cleanser on my forehead since the 10 seems to be breaking it out without the toner/lotion. Should I use some neutrogena lotion on dry spots?

Please help...any advice...

MemberMember
(@cob2048)

Posted : 02/09/2015 6:05 pm

Nothing? no one can help me with even a little bit of advice?