Notifications
Clear all

I Dont Know What To Do Anymore

MemberMember
(@walterjay)

Posted : 02/08/2015 4:19 pm

** I apologize in advance if this has been posted in the wrong section **

Hello, whoever is reading. I'm writing this to maybe get some feedback from someone, anyone, here it goes

Ever since I was 14, I've had acne.. at first it was extremely mild a couple pimples here and there, they would just disappear over night, it gradually got worse. I started getting big, hard pimples that wouldn't come to a head, on top of the whiteheads. At the time I didn't even care, fast forward to now, I'm 17 and it's as bad as it's ever been.. I was finally clear after basically drowning myself in about 6 litres of water for about a month, the marks faded eventually, I was happy.

Around thanksgiving of this year, I didn't even eat any of the usual thanksgiving dinner, nothing that would make me breakout but I did, it was mild so I payed it hardly any attention. Fastforward to new years, same story. at the time I had just started going to a gym, trying to bulk up a bit. so obviously I started eating a bit more, I broke out in about 30 pimples on each cheek, exclusively around the cheekbone area, harldy anywhere else on my face.

That initial breakout only got worse, and that is what you see in the pictures. I went to a dermatologist, and they prescribed me doxycycline, two 100mg pills per day.

It's been a month and a bit of basically drowning myself in 8 litres of water per day, blended up greens, benzoyl peroxide at night, aloe Vera during the day. I wash twice a day with clearasil, and have noticed little else other than I was producing less oils on my face.

I'm just lost trying to figure out what caused such a reaction to my skin, I get plenty of exercise, get around 9 hours of sleep per night, I'm just desperate to get back to the skin I had, acne is crippling and depressing. Honestly just looking for some feedback or help from someone who's been through or is going through the same.

Thanks for reading,

post-450132-0-16657600-1423428445_thumb.

post-450132-0-27814400-1423428474_thumb.

MemberMember
(@sylosis16)

Posted : 02/08/2015 6:46 pm

I would take it easy with using too many products on the face as it can irritate the skin and make it worse. Judging from the photos it looks like hormonal acne which explains why the weightlifting and bulking diet possibly aggravated it. Are you taking any kind of protein powders or shakes? Those always wrecked my skin

MemberMember
(@azarsega)

Posted : 02/09/2015 5:20 pm

like sylosis16 said,

lay off of a lot of those products because your skin will either become irritated or create a tolerance. BP is a great fighter towards acne but it can dry out your skin a big hefty sum...which sends an alarm to "re-moisturize" the face --> overproduction of oil --> overproduction of sebum = clogged pores = more acne. I would suggest to use a mild cleanser like cethaphil, a toner (alcohol and oil free) , and a moisturizer (the types you purchase will have to go in accordance to your skin type as well). Along with a healthy diet and your exercise...I would lay off any kind of dairy, fish (or if you take fish oil) and breads for a while and see how your skin reacts to that. Normally for me, and trust me I have had my share of those stupid blind pimples (those pimples that grow under the skin and hurt like hell) and white heads and normally...dairy was the main culprit along with peanuts and my fish oil supplements.

MemberMember
(@ronaldocr7)

Posted : 02/11/2015 5:27 pm

Hi Walter,

I used to post on this site when I was your age, i'm now 28 and this is my first post for about 7 years and I will be honest with you, if your acne is genetic and hormonal nothing you do will make it go away completely, certain things like diet and medication can alleviate it but until your hormones settle down with age it's just a waiting game. All I would advise is do not pick your face, do not over wash your face (twice a day max), do not use anything on your face apart from a good moisturiser with sun protection and try not too get too down about it and enjoy yourself and your life or you will end up regretting it when you are older. Good Luck with your situation

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 02/14/2015 11:56 am

Aww don't feel discouraged. To be honest, your skin is not as bad as you think and it's not as worse as mine. Trust me! :)

MemberMember
(@acneflippinsucks)

Posted : 02/14/2015 9:20 pm

Dude your acne isn't that bad, trust me. You've got to keep doing you despite pimples. It will be all gone one day and you will look back and feel silly for worrying so much about red marks on your face. Keep your face clean and keep a happy attitude. You can choose to be happy even if your skin isnt that great. If you can look at yourself and the mirror and truly believe you look good then it wont matter what anyone else could think. Because why worry about whats out of your control?