Notifications
Clear all

What Type Of Acne

MemberMember
(@emanuella90)

Posted : 02/07/2015 5:38 am

I am wondering if somebody could help, I have oily skin and as you can see from the picture I attached I have acne, I am wondering what kind of acne is this? I had them since I was 14 years old, well now I am 25 and they are still not gone :(

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 02/07/2015 2:45 pm

@emanuella90...Have you considered a visit to the dermatologist? It's really hard to make a diagnosis through a picture,in fact I won't be able to diagnose because I'm not a doctor,but I guess I could try and help you some.

When you wash your face,do you feel lumps ,bumps under the skin ,have these been there for awhile? If the answer is yes ,then it is nodule cystic acne,cystic acne is also painful.

Do you only get pimples on the skin surface that come and go ,then it's just bacterial acne,this type of acne I guess is the easiest to treat ,with over the counter products or prescription .

The cystic acne is more complicated to treat ,that really requires a visit to the dermatologist (a good one that can listen to you and is not germophobic ,meaning he/she can get close to your face ,look at it and touch it) .

Look around the forums to see if you can relate to them,it will help you to understand acne treatments,and product information and ingredients.

Take care.

MemberMember
(@user448787)

Posted : 02/07/2015 2:47 pm

Do u exfoliate

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 02/07/2015 3:33 pm

There are different types of exfoliation products,either prescribed or over the counter,I didn't want to go there. ,that is why I was asking you those questions ,because I can't suggest any exfoliation if you don't give me an idea of the kind of acne you might be dealing with.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 02/07/2015 3:56 pm

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry ,I didn't see that Suckerpunch5412 was asking you the exfoliation question , I'm really sorry,I just got this new glasses and it has been really hard adapting to them,progressive bifocals.

Please forgive me again.

I'm really sorry , but Suckerpunch5412 made a good point.

MemberMember
(@emanuella90)

Posted : 02/10/2015 4:22 pm

@emanuella90...Have you considered a visit to the dermatologist? It's really hard to make a diagnosis through a picture,in fact I won't be able to diagnose because I'm not a doctor,but I guess I could try and help you some.

When you wash your face,do you feel lumps ,bumps under the skin ,have these been there for awhile? If the answer is yes ,then it is nodule cystic acne,cystic acne is also painful.

Do you only get pimples on the skin surface that come and go ,then it's just bacterial acne,this type of acne I guess is the easiest to treat ,with over the counter products or prescription .

The cystic acne is more complicated to treat ,that really requires a visit to the dermatologist (a good one that can listen to you and is not germophobic ,meaning he/she can get close to your face ,look at it and touch it) .

Look around the forums to see if you can relate to them,it will help you to understand acne treatments,and product information and ingredients.

Take care.

Thank you for the helpful replay!

I don't feel any lumps at if I touch my face, I think it's the second option I got pimples on the skin surface, sometimes the pimple is gone/ almost healed, but before another pimple/acne come out at the exact same place as the old one, so it's like infection or not sure why this happens as I take care of my skin, I am using tea tree gel wash, toner, moisturizer which has anti bacterial properties and I noticed my skin was better when I started using the tea tree line (I started it 4 months ago) but seems that now, my skin is back to pimple stage again.

Do u exfoliate

Yes, I do exfoliate, I am using the tea tree line, it does help indeed as I notice it, but I read that is not good doing it every day, so I try to exfoliate 2-3 per week.

Take care.

Ah and I get pimples on my cheeks and on my chin never on my forehead for some reason and I mostly got them 10 days before my period, than I have scars all over my face I do my best to heal these and than again next month same happens

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 02/10/2015 7:08 pm

Then ,its mostly hormonal.This is the hardest to treat because you have to find what works best,but it's not untreatable,don't get discouraged,I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry.

Are you on the birth control pill?

There is one brand that treats acne,it's called ortho tri cycline ,the brand name works better than the generic,your dermatologist or your gynecologist can prescribe it to you if you don't have a problem with taking birth control pills.

And about topicals ,if a treatment doesn't deliver by the 4 month I think it won't ,that means maybe its time to use a different treatment.

Glycolic acid is better for exfoliation ,it is mild and doesn't dry as much as salicylic acid,avoid alcohol in the formulas if possible.

If nothing works ,you can talk to your doctor about testing your hormones,to find out the unbalance. Also you can check out the forums under the hormonal section,there's a lot of helpful information.

Take care.

MemberMember
(@emanuella90)

Posted : 02/11/2015 8:16 am

Then ,its mostly hormonal.This is the hardest to treat because you have to find what works best,but it's not untreatable,don't get discouraged,I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry.

Are you on the birth control pill?

There is one brand that treats acne,it's called ortho tri cycline ,the brand name works better than the generic,your dermatologist or your gynecologist can prescribe it to you if you don't have a problem with taking birth control pills.

And about topicals ,if a treatment doesn't deliver by the 4 month I think it won't ,that means maybe its time to use a different treatment.

Glycolic acid is better for exfoliation ,it is mild and doesn't dry as much as salicylic acid,avoid alcohol in the formulas if possible.

If nothing works ,you can talk to your doctor about testing your hormones,to find out the unbalance. Also you can check out the forums under the hormonal section,there's a lot of helpful information.

Take care.

Hi thanks for this, yes I am actually taking birth control pills since I was 18 years old. Unfortunately I have to take them as otherwise my period is unregulated but that is another problem, yes I think that I will have to find a good dermatologist to see what he/she recommends or perhaps changing my birth control pills to another brand.

Thank you!