Notifications
Clear all

Masturbation, Cystic Inflammatory Acne And Bad Genetics

MemberMember
(@sylosis16)

Posted : 02/03/2015 7:35 pm

I'll try to make this as short as possible and yes I know the topic of masturbation and acne is a dead horse that has been beaten to death for a while now. Ever since I turned 19 I began dealing with aggressive acne on my face and shoulders. Trying tons of different antibiotics all of which I had allergic reactions to eventually. I went on dan's regimen which did help a good bit but only got me to be about 70-80% clear. I've come to realize that my acne is genetic (my father and his brother both had bad acne) and my doctor told me the same. My doctor said we could experiment with hormone balancing supplements/drugs but he warned me that it would be dangerous and not worth the risk. I thought I was doomed with genetic acne that would persist forever. I found my cure however... abstaining COMPLETELY from masturbation. At first I thought it was just a coincidence that I was clear when I didn't but after countless painful lessons I've found that my inflammatory cystic acne is absolutely triggered by what ever hormonal fluctuations and processes take place in my body after ejaculation takes place. My skin almost immediately the following day becomes more inflamed, oily and cysts appear out of nowhere. After a week of abstaining from masturbation I see a night and day difference in my skin... scars fade, redness fades, cysts shrink and vanish, oiliness goes away a lot. The baffling part is that actual sex does not seem to trigger it at all? At any rate... I've found my cure and im growing to accept it but there are moments where its so tempting and being a young man it really seems cruel and unfair that I cant even relieve some stress by doing something like that. Has anyone else gone through the realization that their acne was directly caused from this and found ways to cope with it or counter it?

MemberMember
(@octopirox)

Posted : 02/03/2015 11:08 pm

I have noticed that too. Accutane was the only other thing which helped me significantly.

MemberMember
(@snoopdog5566)

Posted : 02/04/2015 1:51 am

I'll try to make this as short as possible and yes I know the topic of masturbation and acne is a dead horse that has been beaten to death for a while now. Ever since I turned 19 I began dealing with aggressive acne on my face and shoulders. Trying tons of different antibiotics all of which I had allergic reactions to eventually. I went on dan's regimen which did help a good bit but only got me to be about 70-80% clear. I've come to realize that my acne is genetic (my father and his brother both had bad acne) and my doctor told me the same. My doctor said we could experiment with hormone balancing supplements/drugs but he warned me that it would be dangerous and not worth the risk. I thought I was doomed with genetic acne that would persist forever. I found my cure however... abstaining COMPLETELY from masturbation. At first I thought it was just a coincidence that I was clear when I didn't but after countless painful lessons I've found that my inflammatory cystic acne is absolutely triggered by what ever hormonal fluctuations and processes take place in my body after ejaculation takes place. My skin almost immediately the following day becomes more inflamed, oily and cysts appear out of nowhere. After a week of abstaining from masturbation I see a night and day difference in my skin... scars fade, redness fades, cysts shrink and vanish, oiliness goes away a lot. The baffling part is that actual sex does not seem to trigger it at all? At any rate... I've found my cure and im growing to accept it but there are moments where its so tempting and being a young man it really seems cruel and unfair that I cant even relieve some stress by doing something like that. Has anyone else gone through the realization that their acne was directly caused from this and found ways to cope with it or counter it?

Ive tried doing this before, most ive gone is 2 weeks. My skin had a nice "glow" to it, and i was pretty clear. But how long did it take you to be as you said completely clear?

MemberMember
(@sylosis16)

Posted : 02/04/2015 4:26 pm

Ive tried doing this before, most ive gone is 2 weeks. My skin had a nice "glow" to it, and i was pretty clear. But how long did it take you to be as you said completely clear?

It depends on the severity of the breakout I'm experiencing but after a whole weeks has gone by I see an incredible improvement, after two weeks even more so, at the three week mark I was the most clear I have ever been in my life before acne even began, not even any light red spots from scars remained at that point. The blemishes begin healing and fading away faster and faster. In conjunction with not masturbating I also removed dairy completely from my diet as well and eat fried foods only once in a great while. HOWEVER, diet ALONE did not clear my skin, I experimented with that and paid dearly. I thought hmm so I have my diet under strict control my skins looking pretty great, lets see if i can get away with doing you know what, WRONG, immediate breakout the following day after.

MemberMember
(@mrbushido)

Posted : 02/04/2015 9:36 pm

It depends on the severity of the breakout I'm experiencing but after a whole weeks has gone by I see an incredible improvement, after two weeks even more so, at the three week mark I was the most clear I have ever been in my life before acne even began, not even any light red spots from scars remained at that point. The blemishes begin healing and fading away faster and faster. In conjunction with not masturbating I also removed dairy completely from my diet as well and eat fried foods only once in a great while. HOWEVER, diet ALONE did not clear my skin, I experimented with that and paid dearly. I thought hmm so I have my diet under strict control my skins looking pretty great, lets see if i can get away with doing you know what, WRONG, immediate breakout the following day after.

Sounds like stereotypical hormonal acne. I have the same problem with masturbation and acne. I actually get acne from anything that causes a hiccup in my hormones (fish oil, creatine, dairy, protein powder). Although its a non-issue for me at this point. I've found that washing my face right before prevents the follow up acne from masturbation, but did not solve the larger issue for me. A potential avenue for resolving your underlying issue would be using topical DHT blockers, as they have remedied my acne. DHT is usually the culprit in this type of scenario. A good test to see if your acne is related to DHT is taking saw palmetto for a short period of time (ie 2 weeks), and see if your acne resolves, taking it for longer can be dangerous due to adverse sides.

MemberMember
(@sylosis16)

Posted : 02/04/2015 11:51 pm

Sounds like stereotypical hormonal acne. I have the same problem with masturbation and acne. I actually get acne from anything that causes a hiccup in my hormones (fish oil, creatine, dairy, protein powder). Although its a non-issue for me at this point. I've found that washing my face right before prevents the follow up acne from masturbation, but did not solve the larger issue for me. A potential avenue for resolving your underlying issue would be using topical DHT blockers, as they have remedied my acne. DHT is usually the culprit in this type of scenario. A good test to see if your acne is related to DHT is taking saw palmetto for a short period of time (ie 2 weeks), and see if your acne resolves, taking it for longer can be dangerous due to adverse sides.

Yes my acne is definitely adult male hormonal acne which is quite possibly one of the most dreadful things to deal with as there is no simple solution for males with hormonal acne and neither is there being any research done about finding ways to completely cure it without dealing with side effects. The only thing we can really do is stay extremely vigilant about diet and things that cause hormonal fluctuations. Abstaining was what really put my hormonal balance back in check allowing my skin to clear up. Some kind physiological thing goes wrong in my body otherwise, likely excess conversion of testosterone to DHT. I tried saw palmetto and while it helped a little bit, it did not make a substantial difference for my skin.

MemberMember
(@mrbushido)

Posted : 02/05/2015 12:22 am

Yes my acne is definitely adult male hormonal acne which is quite possibly one of the most dreadful things to deal with as there is no simple solution for males with hormonal acne and neither is there being any research done about finding ways to completely cure it without dealing with side effects. The only thing we can really do is stay extremely vigilant about diet and things that cause hormonal fluctuations. Abstaining was what really put my hormonal balance back in check allowing my skin to clear up. Some kind physiological thing goes wrong in my body otherwise, likely excess conversion of testosterone to DHT. I tried saw palmetto and while it helped a little bit, it did not make a substantial difference for my skin.

Same here, i tried a few different saw palmetto supplements but they didn't work. I had to take the extra strength (Nature's bounty) ones before it started working, which may be worth a shot. I use plexy labs Nothing to Hide (contains beta sitosterol) and green tea skin cream for blocking DHT, i heard Nizoral works really well too, but my skin is too sensitive.

MemberMember
(@snoopdog5566)

Posted : 02/05/2015 1:16 am

Wow, i guess im doing a lot to worsen my skin. Im on creatine, protein powder, and i masturbate lol. Ive been on creatine for a while, and it hasnt done really anything to actually worsen my skin. Same with protein powder. I notice a huge affect with masturbation though

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/05/2015 5:06 am

Try drinking pineapple juice through out the day and zinc supplement. There is a thread some where that pineapple juice stops ejaculation acne. Limiting red meat, sugar and dairy helps as well.

MemberMember
(@sylosis16)

Posted : 02/05/2015 1:55 pm

Mega doses of saw palmetto 1500+ mg a day did help noticeably but at that high of a dose the side effects became too much (cloudy head, spacing out, libido gone). Creatine in the form of kre-alkalyn has not bothered my skin a single bit but I've found that any type of protein powder does. It doesnt matter if the protein powder is made from 100% plant sources, meat sources (like the carnivore brand), or if its a whey isolate like Isopure, it all breaks me out the same. I think the spike in rapid absorbing protein triggers some kind of inflammatory response. The protein powder intake combined with the hormone unbalance of masturbation completely laid waste to my skin and left me with lots of scars so if anyone is on that path try and stop as soon as possible because it gets worse and worse.