Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dskl

Beginning of Accutane

Hello everyone, this site is absolutely wonderful. I have really enjoyed reading what others have to say about all the various types of treatments, especially accutane.

I finally decided to try Accutane starting November 5th. My Derm started me off at the full dose (I think anyway). 80mg a day and I weight about 175 pounds. This kind of shocked me because I don't consider myself as having "horrible" acne. It just flares up all at once and I get one maybe two cysts at a time. These are normally months inbetween though.

My biggest concern is the initial breakout stage. I have heard many people experience this. What do you think, are we talking 50% of people or more? Just curious. I'm on day two, not and nothing but some dry eyes, but I wear contacts so I was expecting that.

Male by the way, almost 25.

Sorry bruv i wont be much help about ur accutane question but i wish you all the best. Why dont you post a pic so we can see ur improvements.

Gd luck

Peace

Khalid

AcNeS WoRsT EnEmY

Hi, I started Accutane 2 weeks ago, so I've been dealing with that breaking out stage. I have been breaking a little more, but it hasn't been too bad. I had a few more cysts than normal but my doctor said that once my skin begins to improve, it will just "snowball" from there.

I'm glad to hear the term "snowball" used in a positive manner. lol I know I can't wait for this stuff to kick in. I'm now thru day two and really no changes except for some whiteheads on my chest, which normally never breaks out except right after I shave it (haha, laugh it up but the girlfriend has a thing with hair) I can't really notice any lip dryness but I use blistex on a normal basis anyway.

It's cool to see so many people starting this stuff at the same time. Hope it works for everyone biggrin.gif

Hello everyone, this site is absolutely wonderful.  I have really enjoyed reading what others have to say about all the various types of treatments, especially accutane. 

I finally decided to try Accutane starting November 5th.  My Derm started me off at the full dose (I think anyway).  80mg a day and I weight about 175 pounds.  This kind of shocked me because I don't consider myself as having "horrible" acne.  It just flares up all at once and I get one maybe two cysts at a time.  These are normally months inbetween though. 

My biggest concern is the initial breakout stage.  I have heard many people experience this.  What do you think, are we talking 50% of people or more?  Just curious.  I'm on day two, not and nothing but some dry eyes, but I wear contacts so I was expecting that. 

Male by the way, almost 25.