Notifications
Clear all

Accutane - Makeup

MemberMember
(@ac98)

Posted : 02/01/2015 5:10 pm

hello,

anyone know any good make up (foundation) to use when on accutane?? currently I'm switching between Mac and bare minerals but both are not looking good on my skin. whenever I put either on I look like I have white tiny flakes on my face ( like dandruff) even if I moisturise lots before. it's making me self conscious , any tips ? thanks.

MemberMember
(@yooooooona)

Posted : 02/01/2015 9:54 pm

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM (but idk how to help sorry)

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@legomom)

Posted : 02/02/2015 2:47 am

I use a gentle scrub 2 times a week to get rid of the tiny white flakes. It's from Philosophy and its called tge the Vitamin C peel , but it's not, it's a scrub.

Just start out with super light buffing until you see if it irritates your skin.

I buff a bit more vigorously where I see the flakes are worse.

Then for a few days, my makeup goes on like a DREAM.

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@coffeegirl30)

Posted : 02/02/2015 5:31 am

I use a good serum and moisturizer, so my skin is not dry, and then Dior forever liquid foundation on top of it.

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@ac98)

Posted : 02/03/2015 6:05 pm

ok thanks guys, oh the fun times being on accutane!!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 02/03/2015 8:11 pm

Boots makes a cheap/nice gentle exfoliator

its at target..pretty cheap!

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@aidadia)

Posted : 02/06/2015 3:12 am

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, I use the oil free version. But it's stll incredibly moisturizing and doesn't stick to the dry patches. You need a concealer if you have lots of marks, but it's my go to! They are really good with giving out samples at sephora. I've heard the Estee lauder double wear is also great, but I haven't tried it yet!

ac98 liked