Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on the prescription drug, Minocycline, for the past year. Before that i experienced not necessarily severe but pretty spontaneous acne..not in bunches just a lot of pimples by them selves mainly on chin, around lips, on cheek bones and fore head. I have tried creams and gels and prescription gels and nothing gets rid of them. Once I took Minocycline I rarely !!!! Very rarely would get pimples just sometimes when my period was coming up a few would pop up but nothing to stress over. Recently I was hospitalized because of a damaged liver. I am only 18 and I am very healthy and fit (Strange to have a damaged liver). My doctor has restricted me from many things including my Minocycline because it goes through the liver and can cause damage. Is there any oral prescription medication that I can prove to my doctor does not effect my liver and will help my acne?!?!? Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions !!!