Notifications
Clear all

The Caveman Regimen

MemberMember
(@smguy)

Posted : 01/31/2015 5:16 pm

So I started the caveman regimen 7 days ago (on the 24th January) and I'm basically going to be blogging about how I've found the whole experience of the regimen, so you guys know what to expect if you try it in the future.

For the last 4 years, since I was in Year 8 (12 years old), I've had mild acne. At first I wasn't that bothered, but after about 2-3 years of having it people started commenting and I became really self conscious. I refused to go out if my skin was looking bad and I even bunked off school once because of it. Anyway, about 4 months ago I stopped washing my forehead because my fringe was fairly long, so covered it anyway, and I noticed that I stopped getting any spots on it at all, and until a few weeks ago I completely brushed that off.
I would look at other guys my age and wonder how they had better skin than me. I knew that my routine was much 'better' than there's and that they used no facial products, and sometimes didn't even wash. I spent hours looking on the internet for ways to clear up my skin, and eventually, after all those hours, I came across they caveman regimen.

WHAT TO DO:
Wash once or twice a day using WATER ONLY. This means no facial washes, cleansers, exfoliators or scrubs, whatever you want to call them. No toners, no moisturisers and no spot creams. I.e. benzoyl peroxide, clearasil etc
NOTHING BUT WATER.

MY EXPERIENCE:
When I first started, on a saturday, I had a few white heads and over the weekend they had reduced massively. I could already tell that this regimen was working after 2 DAYS!!
As the following week has progressed I have had quite a few white heads but I just see this as a detoxification process. From what I've already read, and I've read a lot, this will continue to happen for another week maybe, and afterwards my skin will be as soft as a baby's bottom. I've already noticed a huge difference after 1 week, and I'm really hoping for great results.
I have popped the odd white head, but I've noticed that they go away quicker when you leave them for about two or three days and them they'll easily peel off.
Your skin WILL become flaky, but this is TEMPORARY and it's a minuscule price to pay for the potential results.

OLD SKIN ROUTINE:
1) Wash face with cleanser as soon as I wake in the shower
2) apply a toner using a cotton ball
3) apply moisturiser to face
4) apply benzoyl peroxide to affected areas
5) apply clearasil or other creams to individual spots
REPEAT SAME AT 19:00

NEW ROUTINE:
1) In the shower, wash hair and let water trickle onto face
2) every 2-3 days, in the shower, wipe face gently for around 5 seconds (to remove oils)
REPEAT SAME BEFORE SLEEPING

With my new routine I feel so much better, and I am not preoccupied with washing my face all the time. I am free to go out and not worry about how my skin looks. I can FINALLY enjoy my life!

I'll keep posting as I progress through the regimen...

MemberMember
(@smguy)

Posted : 02/07/2015 5:15 am

I'm now on my second week. There has DEFINITELY been an improvement in my skin, but it's still not perfect.

I'm still washing twice a day (just water from shower), but on Thursday I didn't wash my face after getting sweaty at football, so I developed a pimple the next day. However this pimple was barely noticeable, whereas whilst on my old routine it would've gone red and pussy. REALLY happy with my results at the minute.

However one issue I've been having is that even though the pimples I'm getting are really small, I still try and pop some of them. DON'T do this, it makes them so much more visible. I've started really trying not to pop them and my skin has cleared much more quickly.

I'm really hoping that I can persevere through this routine and come out the other side a much happier person.

Onwards to week three!

MemberMember
(@yooooooona)

Posted : 02/07/2015 11:08 am

What if you only use a mild facewash and light mosterizer? Should I still do it?