Is Aha+ Safe For Th...

Notifications
Clear all

Is Aha+ Safe For The Face?

MemberMember
(@drscarp)

Posted : 01/30/2015 1:55 am

I have moderate to severe acne on my chest, back, and face. I use Dan's cleanser, BP, and AHA+ for my back and chest, but is it safe to use the AHA+ for the face? I heard it is very powerful and should only be used for tougher parts of the skin (back/chest)

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/30/2015 9:56 am

AHA+ is powerful but is totally safe for the face. It can be used 2-3 times per week in place of your moisturizer, or diluted with the moisturizer (one part AHA+ and one part moisturizer) and used daily. My son does the latter (mixing in also 5-6 drops of jojoba oil) and uses every other night for red marks and hyperpigmentation from old acne, plus flaky, dry skin. The 10% glycolic acid is a pretty strong formula, so I do recommend trying it diluted with the moisturizer first to see how your face reacts to it. (We started with 1/4 AHA+ and 3/4 moisturizer.) But the AHA+ is a great addition to and works well with the original 3 Acne.Org Regimen products. If you're passed the 4-week mark, you can begin incorporating it into your facial Regimen. You will want to use a moisturizer with sunscreen on days you're out in the sun for an hour or more as the mix of BP and AHA+ does increase sun sensitivity. We use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF15.

Here's some more info:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#alphahydroxy

Hope this was helpful! :)

MemberMember
(@drscarp)

Posted : 02/01/2015 2:28 pm

AHA+ is powerful but is totally safe for the face. It can be used 2-3 times per week in place of your moisturizer, or diluted with the moisturizer (one part AHA+ and one part moisturizer) and used daily. My son does the latter (mixing in also 5-6 drops of jojoba oil) and uses every other night for red marks and hyperpigmentation from old acne, plus flaky, dry skin. The 10% glycolic acid is a pretty strong formula, so I do recommend trying it diluted with the moisturizer first to see how your face reacts to it. (We started with 1/4 AHA+ and 3/4 moisturizer.) But the AHA+ is a great addition to and works well with the original 3 Acne.Org Regimen products. If you're passed the 4-week mark, you can begin incorporating it into your facial Regimen. You will want to use a moisturizer with sunscreen on days you're out in the sun for an hour or more as the mix of BP and AHA+ does increase sun sensitivity. We use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF15.

Here's some more info:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#alphahydroxy

Hope this was helpful! :)

Thank you very much!