Notifications
Clear all

Desperately Seeking Help

MemberMember
(@acne30-2)

Posted : 01/29/2015 5:47 pm

Hi everyone, I'm in the uk and received only 4 months(apparently standard here) of accutane. I do feel the system has let me down as to which they did when I was just 14.

The nhs have left me high and dry with no help or support.

All I want is clear skin it's all I've ever wanted( I've suffered for nearly 19 years of acne)

Can anyone give me some advice on where I go from here. The picture I'm going to post may seem mild and you may think it's only scarring but I do still suffer from acne and I just don't know what I do anymore :(

post-423826-0-60962200-1422571667_thumb.

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 01/29/2015 10:53 pm

Are you off Accutane now?

MemberMember
(@acne30-2)

Posted : 01/30/2015 3:25 am

I'm not on accutane anymore.

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 01/30/2015 8:04 am

Could I know when you stopped it and what was your dosage?

Maybe Retin A could help you at this point.

MemberMember
(@acne30-2)

Posted : 01/30/2015 1:00 pm

Thanks Maryc I only stopped taking accutane 2 weeks ago at 50mg.

Thank you for responding

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 01/30/2015 5:14 pm

Many people still see improvement after the course. Don't give up!

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 02/02/2015 9:41 pm

Acne*30...can you please let me know what options you have regarding medical treatments,and if you have been tested for hormonal changes,if you react to foods or have any allergies and what you have tried to treat your problem ,I know that we ,women ,go through many hormonal changes and that stress doesn't help us,but just show me one person who doesn't have stress in their lives,huh?,anyways first thing is try to figure out what kind of topical treatment would be best to follow ,depending on your skin type.

Take care,and don't despair there is always a treatment to follow when our faces misbehave,do some reading on the forums I have seen benzoyl peroxide working with other over the counter products or using the acne.org Regimen.

I have used benzoyl peroxide treatments to control my acne through life,I'm 52 ,these days is about menopausal changes and I refuse to use hormones ,but never say I won't,I'm pretty stubborn person who have used many prescription and over-the-counter products ,I can't complain about my skin since most of the scars I have are probably the result of not leaving my face alone,but I have been stubborn because I have always tried to fight the acne,even when it's in my genes.

Don't give up.