Notifications
Clear all

Should I Go See My Gp?

MemberMember
(@amy27)

Posted : 01/29/2015 4:49 pm

(16, female) I've been suffering with acne for over a year now, but it feels like a lifetime, I honestly don't remember what it feels like to have clear skin, though I don't have acne any where near as worse as a lot of people, it's still there and it still knocks my confidence, though I try to forget about it. My acne is mainly on my cheeks, which, because there's no bone, hyperpigmentation is left behind after every. single. spot. And stays for such a long time, it looks horrendous. I've tried so many over the counter products and I am honestly just losing hope, I can't go anywhere without make up anymore and I'm just losing it with this acne. I'm going to attach some photos, and I want your opinions on whether I should go see my doctor, would it just be a waste of time? Can they do anything? also any other suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

post-422973-0-25827400-1422568156_thumb.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 01/29/2015 5:29 pm

Definitely not a waste of time, there is plenty of options that you can try. Usually a GP will start you out with oral antibiotics, and a topical like benzoyl peroxide.. which can be effective for many people. Then they usually move on to retinoids. Also spironolactone is always an option for females.

All In all it is definitely worth it to try your hand at some treatments. Have you ever tried the regimen for your acne? I think your skin would respond well, especially if it can tolerate benzoyl peroxide easily.

MemberMember
(@kristeng)

Posted : 01/30/2015 11:47 pm

My acne is so similar to yours, I can realate I have a lot of hyperpigmintation on my cheeks only, I had lost hope until my doctor prescribed me benzaclin 5% benzoyl peroxide 1% clindamycin, plus an antibiotic. it's amazing! I've only been using it for 3 weeks & my face has completely cleared up! I hadn't had clear, acne free face in over a year, I had to pile tons of makeup on everywhere I went & cried so much over how disgusting It was. I had no confidence, although I'm left with the scars I feel so much better now! What I'm trying to say is never loose hope! I recommend Benzaclin:) I'm 16 also & there's pictures in my gallery so you can see the resemblance good luck :)