Notifications
Clear all

Finally Pulled The Trigger (Silicone Injections Dr. Jay Barnett. Nyc)

MemberMember
(@wasimo)

Posted : 01/29/2015 4:33 pm

Hi everyone,

A lot of you guys might recognize me from my pervious youtube channel. I am back with good news just under 3 weeks ago I had my second treatment of silicone microdroplet injections. [Redacted]

Everything I have tried does not even come close to silicone injections. I had them done in NYC with Dr. Jay Barnett. who is a boss at this he has been doing silicone for acne scaring for decades. The only issue I had is that I had to be a little demanding on having most of my scars done apart from that I would say that I got a lot of improvement around 30-40% after each treatment. Also each treatment cost me $900.

the second treatment's results were much more dramatic and I believe I received around 75% improvement overall. After doing a lot of research it seems that this doctor does things a little differently it seems he injects more than most doctors during each treatment while at the same time it will take more than 1 treatment for the final result.

I finally feel like my old 14 year old self (I know sounds creepy). What I mean is that I finally have that similar confidence.

Ask me anything guys. If you want to see complete overview of silicone injections the video is here [Edited link out]

the photos attached is me about 15 minutes post treatment

post-368551-0-50042900-1422567179.jpg

post-368551-0-64738800-1422567263.jpg

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/29/2015 6:25 pm

On 1/30/2015 at 3:33 AM, wasimo said:

Hi everyone,

A lot of you guys might recognize me from my pervious youtube channel. I am back with good news just under 3 weeks ago I had my second treatment of silicone microdroplet injections. [Redacted]

Everything I have tried does not even come close to silicone injections. I had them done in NYC with Dr. Jay Barnett. who is a boss at this he has been doing silicone for acne scaring for decades. The only issue I had is that I had to be a little demanding on having most of my scars done apart from that I would say that I got a lot of improvement around 30-40% after each treatment. Also each treatment cost me $900.

the second treatment's results were much more dramatic and I believe I received around 75% improvement overall. After doing a lot of research it seems that this doctor does things a little differently it seems he injects more than most doctors during each treatment while at the same time it will take more than 1 treatment for the final result.

I finally feel like my old 14 year old self (I know sounds creepy). What I mean is that I finally have that similar confidence.

Ask me anything guys. If you want to see complete overview of silicone injections the video is here

[Edited link out]

Welcome back Wasimo!!

Acne scars are very tough to beat and I believe in order to achieve desired results one has to tackle the acne scars using several scar revision modalities not just one (Laser, peels, microneedling, undermining..etc)

I've read the Barnett's bio before and they have a philosophy in which they prefer using minimally invasive treatments to achieve one's skin goals, which is nice to know.

As for you, I am very happy you found something that works. I am very skeptical about fillers and probably wont ever consider them. But again I am happy for you!

As for me I am still currently trying to tackle my scars left and right. I will also be pulling the trigger this march and get Subcision done for scars as I have a (2) protocol I will be following. Check it out on my thread

I have cool stuff within some of my post I highly recommend you read it word per word. I was initially going back and forth trying to decide which treatment to go for this March. As of now I settled for Subcision and I shall following 2 protocols strictly.

Clinical papers/studies: protocol 1, protocol 2

Anyways,

I am curious to know in how your opinions have changed in the passed year. Also, having the silicone done I think that wraps up microneedling for good?

MemberMember
(@wasimo)

Posted : 01/29/2015 7:44 pm

Robertitoo!! hows life man?

I really liked your article it is very informative. It looks like subscision suction is legit. I have once went to george yang in NYC for a consultation and I was ready to go for it. What stopped me is that the before and afters he showed me were not as impressive as the before and afters on his website. regardless he is an awsome human being.

I really hope it works for you it seems like you did your homework and researched subscion suction really well. Please let me know what happens.

best of luck bro!

Wasim

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 01/31/2015 9:14 pm

I'm following those papers too, I'm doing micro needling, vacuum, and TCA peels every three weeks apart and a the end I will get an excision for my two large indented raised scar,

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 02/01/2015 1:34 am

Hey Wasimo,

Did you talk with Dr. Yang about the fillers or about subcision?

I also considered him as a doctor for my acne scars, but since he is a plastic surgeon I assumed he will charge more than say a cosmetic dermatologist.

Can you perform treatments such as chemical peels and deemastamping once you have the silicone microdroplets? Do you feel the silicone if you touch your face? Why don't you go for a 3rd treatment to get closer to the 100th percentile of improvement?

Thanks for being so generous with sharing so much information as well as your experience on here, it's really appreciated.

wasimo liked
MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 02/01/2015 2:46 am

Hi everyone,

Ask me anything guys. If you want to see complete overview of silicone injections the video is here [Edited link out]

what scars did you have treated? be careful with silicone you may not see it now but years down the road you have a chance of experience bad side effects. silicone is a foreign substance so should be taken really serious.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 02/01/2015 4:41 am

I don't think you should do another round. I think you are right about that. Remember the filling from Silikon 1000 (medical grade silicone) is partly from the material, but a large part of the volume generated is the body's reaction to the material. The body builds collagen / fibrosis (essentially scarring) around the silicone to block it because it's a foreign material like any kind of implant. You can't really predict how much collagen it will build. If you tried to get more improvement you could risk having it generate too much collagen and possibly end up with visible bumps.

MemberMember
(@wasimo)

Posted : 02/03/2015 7:18 am

On 2/1/2015 at 12:34 PM, ToTheMoonAndBack said:

Hey Wasimo,

I also considered him as a doctor for my acne scars, but since he is a plastic surgeon I assumed he will charge more than say a cosmetic dermatologist.

Can you perform treatments such as chemical peels and deemastamping once you have the silicone microdroplets? Do you feel the silicone if you touch your face? Why don't you go for a 3rd treatment to get closer to the 100th percentile of improvement?

Thanks for being so generous with sharing so much information as well as your experience on here, it's really appreciated.

Hi to the moon and back.

-I had a full consultation with Dr. Yang. I tell you my experience I was very impressed with the before and after I saw online. So I booked an appointment. When I arrived I kind of expected a bigger lobby so maybe I was turned off in a way physiologically. He is a great knowledgeable doctor although he might come across as a bit unenthusiastic and will be blunt about which scars look bad. The procedure was like a few hundred dollars for a quarter size area if I remember correctly and the consultation fee will be used for it. I decided not go for it because he showed me many before and after and nothing against the doctor I just could not see *meaningful* improvement unlike with silicone.

-I kind of feel the silicone in very few areas but not really. I had like 20 injections in each check. And now I kind of feel it in 2 areas. It does not feel bad it is a very subtle feeling and it is hard to catch. If a stranger was to run their finger over, they would never notice anything on these 2 areas unless I specifically told them whats up.

-The reason I am not going to a 3rd treatment (or not yet) is because 2 reasons.

-money ($900) per treatment

-I am actually very satisfied.

-I probably might go in the future.

On 2/1/2015 at 1:46 PM, no_hope said:

Hi everyone,

what scars did you have treated? be careful with silicone you may not see it now but years down the road you have a chance of experience bad side effects. silicone is a foreign substance so should be taken really serious.

Hi no_hope.

I appreciate your brotherly concern. I did all my research and there even is a 30 year study by the same doctor ( https://books.google.com/books?id=zqDSBQAAQBAJ&pg=PT63&lpg=PT63&dq=30+years+silicone+acne+scars&source=bl&ots=evFtynxpyV&sig=SXBxLSBv4233oqHJ9yWLzIp74Vg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=F7nQVOaELvPdsASKnIGQAw&ved=0CEwQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=30%20years%20silicone%20acne%20scars&f=false )

I had my injections done on about 15-20 scars on cheek so about 35 scars were done (I was picky). I did my research specifically on aging and acne scars. If you look at that link in this post there is one picture with permission from Doctor Barnett showing an image of after scar injections and 30 years after which gave me confidence to take this risk.

On 2/1/2015 at 3:41 PM, blahblah82 said:

I don't think you should do another round. I think you are right about that. Remember the filling from Silikon 1000 (medical grade silicone) is partly from the material, but a large part of the volume generated is the body's reaction to the material. The body builds collagen / fibrosis (essentially scarring) around the silicone to block it because it's a foreign material like any kind of implant. You can't really predict how much collagen it will build. If you tried to get more improvement you could risk having it generate too much collagen and possibly end up with visible bumps.

blahblah82,

Thanks for contributing new info. How long does it take for collegen to fully form after the injection site?

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 02/03/2015 11:46 am

On 2/3/2015 at 6:18 PM, wasimo said:
On 2/1/2015 at 12:34 PM, ToTheMoonAndBack said:

Hey Wasimo,

Hi to the moon and back.

-I had a full consultation with Dr. Yang. I tell you my experience I was very impressed with the before and after I saw online. So I booked an appointment. When I arrived I kind of expected a bigger lobby so maybe I was turned off in a way physiologically. He is a great knowledgeable doctor although he might come across as a bit unenthusiastic and will be blunt about which scars look bad. The procedure was like a few hundred dollars for a quarter size area if I remember correctly and the consultation fee will be used for it. I decided not go for it because he showed me many before and after and nothing against the doctor I just could not see *meaningful* improvement unlike with silicone.

-Yes you can have facial procedures done after silicone including laser. The doctor told me that during the consultation.

-I kind of feel the silicone in very few areas but not really. I had like 20 injections in each check. And now I kind of feel it in 2 areas. It does not feel bad it is a very subtle feeling and it is hard to catch. If a stranger was to run their finger over, they would never notice anything on these 2 areas unless I specifically told them what™s up.

-The reason I am not going to a 3rd treatment (or not yet) is because 2 reasons.

-money ($900) per treatment

-I am actually very satisfied.

-I probably might go in the future since it works so well.

On 2/1/2015 at 1:46 PM, no_hope said:

Hi everyone,

Hi no_hope.

I appreciate your brotherly concern. I did all my research and there even is a 30 year study by the same doctor ( https://books.google.com/books?id=zqDSBQAAQBAJ&pg=PT63&lpg=PT63&dq=30+years+silicone+acne+scars&source=bl&ots=evFtynxpyV&sig=SXBxLSBv4233oqHJ9yWLzIp74Vg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=F7nQVOaELvPdsASKnIGQAw&ved=0CEwQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=30 years silicone acne scars&f=false)

I had my injections done on about 15-20 scars on cheek so about 35 scars were done (I was picky). I did my research specifically on aging and acne scars. If you look at that link in this post there is one picture with permission from Doctor Barnett showing an image of after scar injections and 30 years after which gave me confidence to take this risk.

On 2/1/2015 at 3:41 PM, blahblah82 said:

blahblah82,

Thanks for contributing new info. How long does it take for collegen to fully form after the injection site?

Did you take before and afters after your subcision with Dr. Yang?

I hope I don't waste my money on yet another treatment that doesn't work :(. I'll go to a different doctor though.

MemberMember
(@wasimo)

Posted : 02/03/2015 1:09 pm

whats up tothemoonandback

like I said I decided not to have subcision done because I was not impressed by the before and afters of his paitents during my consultation.

Robertito seems really invested in subscision so it could be the case that I do not know what I am talking about and subcision is actually really good. for me silicone did the job and was perfect.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 02/06/2015 9:51 pm

I'm sorry I don't think you answered my question. What scars did you have treated? I'm assuming rolling scars? I know you mentioned atrophic scars but that isn't specific enough. I highly doubt this could be effective for box scars or ice picks which I suffer from. How ever if it does I would be willing to try this and fly out to see the Dr. Keep us posted

MemberMember
(@wasimo)

Posted : 02/10/2015 9:42 am

Hey no hope,

I read your comment too fast, sorry man.

and I had mostly rolling scars rolling scars. You are right it does not work on Ice picks. It will work on some boxcars if they are more rolling like.

I made a video about this topic which is down below

[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 02/11/2015 2:49 am

Wasimo is ur face naturally found? If not do u feel as if the silicone added volume to your face?/when you smile do u feel more volume in ur face then usual? U seem thin but with a round face which is a issue for lots of people. I had this issue with enerjet since it used juvederm and juvederm binds water. I felt bloated all day long even with exercise. Its really uncomfortable.

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 02/11/2015 10:43 am

I got a granuloma from silicone microdroplet...about 5 years after and it is scarring as it slowly heals. Also get odd red flushing around injected areas at times. I dont come here a lot anymore but have talked to others who also have bad results. The bad results are higher than what's being reported. It reallh isn't worth it.

Munchkini, Yola4, QuanHenry and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@knowl)

Posted : 08/11/2016 3:20 am

anyone knows what happened to Wasim? I cannot find any of his videos on youtube

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/12/2016 6:18 pm

I feel like everyone is talking about the bad effects of this treatment yet I have only heard good things from the people who have done it. Yes silicone is suppose to be bad in large amounts, but what about this micro-droplet technique?

It is rather exhausting having to go through all these treatments with minimal improvements when you can just do this and be done with it. I know some doctors talk about the dangers however they also promote lasers that have hurt people so how are we to trust what they say?

I wish people who have it done would come back and tell us how it is going for them. I am seriously considering this with a good doctor in the future. For, nothing can do what this does.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/12/2016 7:00 pm

I know you've said this. But, there is literally no other treatments that work as well. Regardless of what you do no one is all that satisfied and some have to spend 20,000 on 40% improvement. Nothing seems worth it.

Restylane and other temp fillers go super fast, who wants to go back every three months and pay a fortune for it? Subcision doesn't fill in the scar and dermapen works slightly but never good enough. Lasers don't work either because it can't correct the deep volume loss. We need something to fill in the volume loss. Something that is permanent so we can just move on and forget this. Getting it done every three months for 50% improvements is just a waste of time and money. Bellafill doesn't seem all that great either though otherwise why would people take the risk with silicone?

Aren't all these studies for normal silicone injections? Do you have a study one microdroplet injections?

You tell me that the doctor is important and his/her experience. Fine. This is doable. We'll just get an experienced doctor. Perhaps even this guy.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/12/2016 9:08 pm

Permanent solutions = permanent problems. You can't undoit, 7-10 years later is when the fun begins, there is a reason why very fewdoctors will treat off label (no responsibility or governance / FDA)and no one else will touch it or we wouldn't be on this site.Full detailed response on page 2 of this posting,

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/13/2016 3:56 am

First off, I'm not sick and need to be healed. I'm fine but I would rather my face looked fine all day (my scars look good in the morning). :)

It's rather convenient that they prefer a filler that lasts a very short time and need to be bought over and over again making it a consistent income. As you say, cosmetic surgeons aren't the most reliable. 

Cheek implants cost around ‚8,000 while silicone around ‚500-‚900 which is a huge difference. 

How they inject fillers differs from the micro-droplet technique doesn't it? Isn't the point that they put in minuscule amounts every time, something they do not do with fillers at all. So, filler results will differ from what I will get from silicone micro-droplet injections. 

I would like to see feedback from people who have done the micro-droplet injections NOT the normal silicone injections that everyone knows went very bad. A study or anything concrete would be nice.

Couldn't we gather information on doctors that do it and has a good rep then everyone could just fly over there and do it. 

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 08/13/2016 5:02 am

In the meantime I hope Wasimo could come give us an update on how he's doing...

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/13/2016 8:33 am

I got a hypertrophic scar from subcision from Dr. Chu maybe 4x as bad as that bump that guy got from silicone injections... Should we stop doing subcision then? The hypertrophic scar eventually turned into the worst scar I have today...

There are always complications. However, showing me one post where someone got a bump from it and some comments doesn't really say anything... everyone has bad experiences from something but I have seen so much worse even with dermapen/subcision than what this guy got. 

4 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
"Couldn't we gather information on doctors that do it and has a good rep then everyone could just fly over there and do it. "  
- No this site actually does not recommend doing things that are not FDA approved, it's against the sites guidelines. We don't want to encourage people to get hurt by experimental and non proven procedures. This is why no one does them here, bad reactions, they don't want the liability. Silicone Drs are retiring as we speak, the procedure is dying with its bad safety profile.   

Yes, but lets promote lasers that doesn't do much either and carry just as much risk?

There are still doctors who do them though. It's not illegal. I thought the FDA approved tag has a lot to do with politics as well. 

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 08/13/2016 6:42 pm

10 hours ago, il90 said:

I got a hypertrophic scar from subcision from Dr. Chu maybe 4x as bad as that bump that guy got from silicone injections... Should we stop doing subcision then? The hypertrophic scar eventually turned into the worst scar I have today...

There are always complications. However, showing me one post where someone got a bump from it and some comments doesn't really say anything... everyone has bad experiences from something but I have seen so much worse even with dermapen/subcision than what this guy got.

Yes, but lets promote lasers that doesn't do much either and carry just as much risk?

There are still doctors who do them though. It's not illegal. I thought the FDA approved tag has a lot to do with politics as well.

wow guys come on lets not attack each other here my verdict on silicone is that it definitely does work and can deliver fantastic results for the right patient. I do believe its safe and is definitely a serious option to consider quite a few reputable ethical doters i know off perform this procedure there dr rauland near la and dr lam in dallas even wassimos doc if i had the correct scarring i would definately look into to doing this the key here is to get a really experienced doctor. il90 i see your from the uk same here i dont think there is anyone here the i would trust to do silicone if you feel its the right treatment look into these docters i suggusted i have seen some of there before and after pics and they look really good.

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/14/2016 4:38 pm

21 hours ago, Hope01 said:
On 8/13/2016 at 3:33 PM, il90 said:

wow guys come on lets not attack each other here my verdict on silicone is that it definitely does work and can deliver fantastic results for the right patient. I do believe its safe and is definitely a serious option to consider quite a few reputable ethical doters i know off perform this procedure there dr rauland near la and dr lam in dallas even wassimos doc if i had the correct scarring i would definately look into to doing this the key here is to get a really experienced doctor. il90 i see your from the uk same here i dont think there is anyone here the i would trust to do silicone if you feel its the right treatment look into these docters i suggusted i have seen some of there before and after pics and they look really good.

Yes I would have to go to the US. However, I'm kind of freaked out by all the negative feedback on it here (not from people who have personally done it but people in general). I have however considered doing it as it would probably solve everything for me and I could just move on. All these other treatments don't ever come close to what silicone can do, yet they carry their own set of risks anyways.

I am not sure if people are against it because it is truly dangerous or for some other reason. I am curious why people who have done it seem really happy about it but don't come back to tell us how they are doing. And, when they do come back they get attacked by people telling them their face will fall off or something as they age. I'm also interested in why people here seem so against it yet don't have real proof of these "disastrous" affects that will allegedly happen in the future for people who get micro-droplet injections of silicone.

Seems like a waste paying fillers every 3-4 months for the same amount you can get for something permanent that is way better. If this is not a good treatment then I'm not sure if getting treatments at this time is worth the money or time or the risk....

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 08/14/2016 8:12 pm

Haven't you only done subcision once? Why not go for another couple of rounds (and throwing in some needling and peels) before moving onto fillers?

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/15/2016 1:38 am

I have done in three times, going in for the fourth now on Thursday...